• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Pope to turn Heel?

Pope really doesn't play a good face

Well that depends on what you would call a good face, getting big pops and being extremely over makes him a good face in my book.

imo he was way better as a heel with his feud with Suicide.

Elijah Burke is better as a heel, but the Black Pope CANNOT be a heel. If you pay attention to the crowd reaction during that feud (and during his whole run as a "heel") then you'll realize they are cheering him no matter what he said, just cause he was so fuckin pimpin.

I agree with Mr.Angel that the Pope character as a heel is a tough sell, for me at least (but calling him the "Black" Pope is getting kind of annoying... prolly just cause I've been drinking)... anyway, IDR brings up a good point with TNA needing to put a belt on Dinero that's NOT the world title before they push him back into world title contention. But, seeing as until a year and half ago they really didn't have a "stepping stone" belt , I can see how it might take some doing to get fans to think of the Global belt (or even the X division belt) as what the US title or IC title have been in the past for WWE or WCW.

First and foremost, Mr. Anderson is NOT a face. He's doing what Eddie Guerrero did during the Batista storyline right before he died. He's playing the devil's advocate. He tells the world what he is.. an asshole.

He isn't coming out and saying he's gonna kiss babies, and love the world. He's telling everyone he is still an asshole. And I wouldn't be shocked one bit, to suddenly see Kenne.. err, Anderson turn on Jeff Hardy and do this whole "I couldn't beat you, so I had to make you think I respected you, so I could then beat you from behind."

As for The Pope. Well, thats another case of Wrestling's Creative team possibly hoping the fans have short memories. It wouldn't be the first time we see a situation where two guys suddenly get paired on the same sidelines of "Face" or "Heel", so soon after being against one another so badly.

The thing to understand is, The Pope and Mr. Anderson are both loved by the fans. TNA is doing nothing more than giving them what they ask for.. wrestlers to cheer. They understand that Anderson, who is likely the only person in the world who can spit on an American (dead) soldier's dog tags.. and still receive ovations. So it makes no sense for him to be a heel (whom you're suppose to boo) when he does nothing but gets ovations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back