The Other TNA Original

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
BlC_elFIYAAlMZS.jpg

In a week that featured the passing of a legend, the end of the streak and a legendary career, and the potential dismissal of 3 major TNA stars, one bit of good news pops in in the form of "The Cowboy" James Storm signing a new multi-year deal to TNA Wrestling. With AJ leaving he is the only wrestler tenured to TNA since it's beginning and it seems it'll be that way for a good while.

Lots of people have become concerned with AJ Styles, Sting and now Chris Sabin being officially gone from the company and Kurt Angle potentially leaving at the end of his deal. It always boiled down to money it seems but the negotiating side of TNA is finally picking up steam. And at a good time too. Hopefully Kaz and Daniels follow in these new re-signings.

Storm's been my favorite babyface (yes I know he's a heel now) in the company since I started following, so this is fine by me. Though I would have been intrigued by him heading over to NJPW ala Styles (as I've been getting more interested in some of their guys recently) and helping refresh Bullet Club. I mean, he's pretty much tangled with everyone on some level, hasn't he? Excepting Storm-Young that is...

I do think Storm will be the heel to take the belt from EY. I've always liked Storm, but he is doing some great work as a heel now. Once he has finished his feud with Gunner, I feel this is where he will move on to next. However, will a Beer Money reunion get in the way of this? It has been teased many times now!

This whole thing has me hoping that TNA has learned that they don't need big talent like Sting, Hogan or Angle to pull in good ratings, they could do so with the crop of talent they have going at the moment and can always pull in more talent.

I know a lot of people are worrying about these guys leaving, talking about financial situations, but I see this as a breath of fresh air. TNA has always had a great talent pool, I don't think lack of talent was ever an issue for them, it was the lack of letting that talent go out and do what they have to do. In this case, get rid of the guys that are costing you a bunch of money and not really doing much of anything for the ratings, and start pushing the younger guys to help sustain the ratings and the money.

As for Storm, always happy to hear about him staying in TNA, always was a big fan of his. Now for Daniels and Kaz... Daniels is a really big company guy, I've heard, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him sticking around, and if Daniels stays around, I'm certain that Kaz won't be going anywhere.

I dunno about you guys, but if this is multi-year, I'm really hoping they get him in line for a shot at the title fairly soon. With EY holding onto the title now, assuming TNA aren't all that impressed with what Magnus did with it (and really, they shouldn't be), I'd love to see Storm make his way there after he concludes this angle with Gunner.

I could go for one of these again, for sure:

321557_215465828520917_100001725032037_531689_1207470183_n.jpg

I would love to see Storm get his hands on that title again, if anyone deserves it, he definitely does, and a program with him and EY. I would like that a lot actually. I would love though if they would throw Roode into this at some point. Would even love if they pushed Petey Williams into the mix as well actually.

...Yeah, Team Canada... never forget...

It's news for TNA, Roode & Storm should be the top-heels in the company & I'd like to see either man win the Title of EY.

Another tease at a Beer Money reunion on the most recent episode of Impact, I'm glad they've turned Storm and looked forward to the tag match against Bully & Gunner...will it simply be Storm and Roode together, or a further move towards Beer Money reuniting officially?

It's always a weird situation with Storm. Whenever he's a heel I want to cheer for him, but when he's a face (such as the second half of 2012 and early 2013) I get bored of him. I guess it's because he's the regular small town guy, family man, beer drinker, and that's what 90% of his face promos are all about. It's basically one-dimensional.

But he is a TNA Original, he gets great reactions, and it's great to see him with a new contract. Now for Daniels and Kazarian...

I'm really glad to see The Cowboy staying around. Him and AJ Styles were always among my favs. Enjoying his Heel run. Hope he gets another run with the belt before years end. Wouldn't mind another Beer Money run either. Beer Money could take all the belts only to turn into a breakup and feud over the World Title might be a cool angle to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back