• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE ONE TO END THE STREAK

WHO should end the STREAK

• JOHN CENA

• BROCK LESNAR

• STING

• THE ROCK

• DANIEL BRYAN

• ROMAN REIGNS

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.
Should it end? Yes. Pro wrestling isn't real competition, it's should be used to put someone over. Personally, I would love to see The Shield do it, at Taker's actual last Mania. It's the most bang for your buck. You show Taker's awesome power by being able to beat down The Shield and grasp at victory, but in the end 3-1 is too much. This way, the streak puts over 3 people instead of 1. (On a side note, a match where taker won would be crazy awesome, but unlikely)

with his 22+ carrier in wwe no one is able to break the record of streak. If wwe do that now its bad for takers legacy. So wwe please wont break the streak.

Nobody. The streak is there to stay. I hate it when ppl throw in random names like roman reigns or daniel bryan to break the streak. Then few years ago i heard suggestions like jack swagger, wade barrett, and sheamus to beat the streak. This is the streak, not a world title match. Once broken, that guy has to be 99% going to carry the wwe DEFINITIVELY when cena is gone. Cause i dont want to see a nobody break the streak only to see him jobbing in SUPERSTARS 6 months from now. Kinda like miz, swagger and del rio right now doing mediocre stuffs, maybe not in SUPERSTARS but you get the point.

DB is the best wrestler in the world. Don't know how he couldn't break the streak..he's the most over and the most popular by a mile in the company...He should be given every huge milestone and overcome them all, he's the people's chosen champion...screw what Vince thinks! The fans of his product want DB.

No one. I am very firm in this. If the likes of King Kong Bundy, Superfly Snuka, Kane, Triple H, ect... Couldn't do it, what makes you think it will ever end? Like someone mentioned on here already it would ruin Taker's legacy.

Your poll choices are somewhat questionable as well...Daniel Bryan? Really?

DB is the best wrestler in the world. Don't know how he couldn't break the streak..he's the most over and the most popular by a mile in the company...He should be given every huge milestone and overcome them all, he's the people's chosen champion...screw what Vince thinks! The fans of his product want DB.

For the sake of argument, let's say Daniel Bryan ended The Streak. He would IMMEDIATELY be the most hated, reviled heel in WWE history. No one wants to see it end, and if someone did, they would be a pariah.

In my opinion, the only time The Streak was in real jeopardy was in 2008 when Undertaker fought Edge. Edge was already on his way to being WWE's top heel, and that win would have cemented his place in WWE history forever. Since Edge didn't end it, no one should. Ever.

OMG not another should the undertakers streak end? No i should not end ever! The streak is bigger than any title match at Mania it essentially is always the main event in itself. It was supposed to end at WM21 against Orton,Undertaker even wanted Orton to go over,but Orton respecting the Undertaker,axed the idea..

It is undertakers Call and his call only,if the streak were to end! IF he deems someone worthy of ending the streak,that person had damn well be a future HOF and a multiple champion. Also,that person will have to bear the responsibility of ending the streaks of all streaks. That will be a heavy heavy burden if it does indeed happen

I have always believed that if the streak is to be broken it should definitely
be a young up in comer, a guy who will spend his career in the main event like
CeNa & Orton have. The only guy I see fit for that role is Roman Reighns.
He is the only young guy who can give you that goosebumps moment of a
face to face staredown.

Alot of the IWC know that Taker and Yokozuna were bff's & Roman is from that bloodline
that also includes the Rock. But I don't think this year's Mania is the year to do it.
I prefer Wrestle Mania 31. It would be a true passing the torch moment.

If they break the streak it has to be to a blue chip guy. Sheamus doesn't need it.
Same goes for Punk, CeNa, & Orton.
As for the young prospects
Cesaro is 1 of my top talents in the WWW but I just can't see him as the streak breaker
Ambrose just doesn't have the size
Titus O'Neill is to old & unproven as a singles competitor.
Rollins is a guy who I would love for Taker to do what he did for Jeff Hardy,but not @ Mania

So that leaves me with Bray Wyatt. I wouldn't mind seeing Wyatt go over the
Dead Man as long as it was with interference from the Wyatt Family.

So if it's to be broken Reighns or Wyatt have to be the guy's unless the do
A CeNa heel turn @ this year's Mania, but since we all know that won't happen
I say give it to Roman. Have WM31 be his breaking out party.

Guess what, IWC? The streak is over right now. The appeal of the streak is in the past. (Your ENDLESS streak threads aren't helping it either...) But it is over--whether he loses or not.

If some college kid beat Michael Jordan one-on-one today, would he get a huge "push" as the next big star? No. If some young team beat the Harlem Globetrotters, would their legacy be diminished? Nope!

The Undertaker is an old man. What young, strong, future star would base his legitimacy on beating an old man who can only go once a year? Had Orton or HBK or HHH done it, fine...plenty of bragging rights there. And I still think if the Cena heel turn was thrown in, it would potentially get Hogan/Third Man kind of heat. But Joe Schmo coming out of NXT or the midcard of Raw to launch himself into stardom? Come on guys!

I always felt Undertaker should retire with the streak in tact. BUT, I am so sick of you guys arguing over nonsense every year before Mania. And then we have the idiots who feel it should end at 20-0 or 25-0--as if round numbers matter at all.

Legacy? You actually think if he lost, his place in history would be ruined?! You guys are INSANE! "Underwho? Oh right! That guy who dominated WWF/E for 20 years and then blew a streak of predetermined outcomes as an old man....forgot all about him." Yeah, that's how it will go. You guys are ridiculous.

The streak--the interest, the appeal, the potential rub for the one who ends it--it is all over. Taker is too old for a loss to effect him or the opponent, good or bad. Cena heel turn to end it could give us a nice program, but to send some budding superstar to legendary status? Forget it. And get over it...

These threads are old man...almost as old as Taker.

The reality is that while I personally think it should end with Taker putting someone over, as Snuka and Jake did for him at the start...it won't cos WWE doesn't "trust" any of their guys. They have tried several "next big things" now and none have worked, Reigns won't either if that's the way they are going. Heenan Gorilla is right to an extent, the value of beating Taker is now just about ending the streak.

Taker will win this year and retire, I am pretty sure he and Paul Bearer will be inducted into the HOF so he gets to be the first HOF inductee to wrestle right after his induction. He retires after the win with the classic kneel pose to the urn...Who does he beat? Would love to see he and Jericho just once...if anyone was gonna end it, he should have at Mania 18 instead of losing to Trips for no reason.

I have watching wrestling since I don't know when and I remember taker debuting at saviour series 1990 and I didn't think he would last 23 years later taker is still here tweek his gimmick at times but still here.

there for I think the streak should never end but if it ever had to it should be the undertaker choice who it should be

but roman reigns would be the most likely choice the guy is going to carry the wwe in the future look at the blood line wild somans yoko big kish the rock (not blood but there familys where that close) and taker yoko where pals

my choice is roman

THTrobtaylor

Taker will win this year and retire, I am pretty sure he and Paul Bearer will be inducted into the HOF so he gets to be the first HOF inductee to wrestle right after his induction. He retires after the win. do you not remember ric flair inducted march 29th 08 and wrestled maina the night after I do as my oldest son was born the same day

I have always thought the Streak should be ended when Taker finally retires. People make the argument that the T-Shirts and DVD's have massive revenue potential. Well a "I broke the Streak" T-shirt might do ok. Even "21 -1" and the guys main logo on the back. Also, as if a DVD containing 20 + Undertaker WM matches wouldn't sell. Through in some special features and just make the tagline something do to with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Keeping The Streak alive out of respect is stupid. It's fake wrestling. He has been booked to win all these matches because what he had achieved in the 90's and early 2000's. He was a fantastic competitor with an awesome (perhaps the best) gimmick of all time. Everyone knows he has had a phenomenal career and we don't need an undefeated streak at WM to prove that.

When The Undertaker eventually retires; The Streak should end. That is my opinion. Who ends it is very difficult. Do you go for a big name like Cena or a younger superstar desperate for a push. I'd personally go for someone with potential that hasn't had an opportunity yet. Right now, there are very few good options.

Someone from The Shield is the obvious one. Reigns is the stand-out candidate but I would hate if either Ambrose or Rollins ended the Streak. They have shown to us in the last 12 months how good they are and they all have immense potential.

Bray Wyatt? Not for me. Big E Langston is right now working as a face and I think we would need to see more from him before saying he is worthy of ending the streak. That is an important aspect - if someone was to end The Streak then they should be talented. Maybe there is someone in NXT or the Performance Centre who is the next star of the company.

I would end the streak and right now I would happily have Roman Reigns be the one to do it. If they wanted a bigger moment than Cena doing it would be incredible but may that may cause a riot.

Only Jerry "The King" Lawler (with an assist from Andy Kaufman). He beat death once, he can do it again.

Roman Reigns.

But the risk here is what if something bad happened to Reigns (for example an Edge-esque injury) and he is forced to retire let's say 2 years after ending the streak.

That's why I say let a legend end the streak like The Rock

The streak should not be broken and there is presently nobody ready to take on the responsibility of being the streak killer. Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Ambrose, Ziggler, Wyatt, Big E are all great talents but are mid carders at best, maybe in 2015.

Oh man what an original idea! A beat the streak topic ;) Oh man this hasn't been done before.

Streak will never end and no one you listed will end it

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Can we put an end to all the nonsensical threads about The Streak ending? There are only about 5000 of these on the boards.... As always, it makes no sense for the WWE to end the streak, and despite what some might believe, there's no 'great rub' to be had for a younger guy beating him.

Consider the "rub" Chris Jericho got from defeating both The Rock and Steve Austin in the same night to become the first Undisputed WWE Champion. It's perhaps the biggest "rub" for any WWE superstar in the past 15 years - perhaps second in all pro wrestling during the past 20 years with only Goldberg going over Hogan topping it. It was a "rub" so great that Jericho was still bragging about it during his most recent heel run. But as great as that "rub" was - as popular as Jericho already was at the time - all it did was ascend him to main event status. It didn't put him on the level of a Hogan, Rock, Austin or Cena. He never came close to sniffing that level.

For someone to end The Streak, the WWE has to be 100% positive that that wrestler would ascend to the Hogan, Rock, Austin Cena level or else it's a waste. This guy can't just be another main event player. He has to become The Guy, the reason people buy a ticket and purchase pay-per views otherwise the monetary value of his ending The Streak doesn't equal the revenue lost by his killing The Streak.

So ask yourself, what is the monetary value of The Streak? Well, the WWE uses it to sell WrestleMania, DVDs and t-shirts. For the past few years, The Streak is the only reason we've even seen The Undertaker at all. If you kill The Streak, you lose a main event attraction at WrestleMania, you lose any merchandising opportunities centered on The Streak, and you likely lose any future appearances from The Undertaker. I don't have facts and figures in front of me, but I'd be floored if Jericho's independent monetary value to the WWE over the past 10 years surpassed the independent monetary value of The Streak. And if that's the case, then it would mean whoever were to end The Streak would have to surpass the value of Chris Jericho. Is anyone willing to guarantee that, over the next 10 years, Wyatt, Ryback, Reigns or even Bryan will surpass Jericho's value from 2002-13? I'm not. Hell, outside Cena, I'm not sure there's a guy on this roster that could surpass Jericho's value over the next 10 years.

And since that guy isn't on the roster, the safest financial bet for the WWE is to simply increase the value of The Streak. Keep feeding The Undertaker established stars - guys like The Rock, Cena, Lesnar, Punk - until he's ready to hang it up.

The WWE has so far been unable or unwilling to build a new star to the point where they (the WWE) would gain anything by breaking the Undertakers streak. John Cena 10 years ago would have been a good choice because he was their future superstar. Until they pull the trigger and feel comfortable with a change of guard at the top, no one should break it, because no one is in position to, except maybe CM Punk, but they obviously don't want him to be their flagship guy.

It seems people ask this because they want it to be broken for the sake of it being broken. I see no one outside of Cena or Orton worthy of going up against Taker, let alone having either of them break it. It wouldn't push them even further than they are now. And to say that it would push someone younger further wouldn't be 100% truthful. You don't know what will happen. A young guy could break it, it would make him popular for a short time, then he could fade right back into obscurity.

By this time, it doesn't matter. Taker loses luster every year that he's wrestling. It just doesn't do anything for me anymore. The matches he puts on are great. I do admit that. I thoroughly enjoyed the cage match with Taker, Trips and HBK. I thought he and Punk was even better (Match of the Night IMO). But the streak? Eh, I could care less. The longer they put it off, the less meaningful it's going to be.

He's so broken down, I actually thought he wasn't going to wrestle last year. Damn he'll be 49 before Mania. But who knows. 2014 will not only mark Wrestlemania's 30th anniversary, but also the 30th anniversary he's been wrestling. Started in '84 in WCCW.

There are many theories to who, if anyone, should break the streak.

People say Kane should end the streak in what would be both Kane and Taker's last match but I disagree with that because if your going to end the streak its to make someone a huge star having Kane or anyone else retire after ending it would be next to pointless.

Others say that it should be the Shield as a collective who ends it because that way Taker can still be shown to be powerful but again that doesn't make a star either. Imagine a member of the shield challenging Cena for the title when whoever it is says they ended the streak Cena will just laugh and say you had 2 others helping you. If one member of the shield was to end the streak I wouldn't argue.

If I had to choose I'd go with either Roman Reigns or Bray Wyatt. But personally I'd rather see Taker go through perfect and then teach either Bray Wyatt or Conor O'Brian in the ways of the Dark arts or whatever

What a rubbish topic? Why is it even discussed? The Streak should not end. The Streak isn't just something that can be used to elevate a 'young guy' or give them a 'rub'. Beating Cena or Orton clean for the WWE Championship would do that. You're trying to tell me that someone like Roman Reigns, a guy who's been in the business for one year, in a faction, with no singles experience, should be the guy to beat The Undertaker, to end The Streak - something that Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Edge, Diesel, Jimmy Snuka & Jake The Snake couldn't do?

Seriously.

Why should anyone end the Undertaker's streak? He is one of the few true legends on wrestling left, and he should be allowed to retire with the streak intact. It took all these years and those Wrestlemanias to establish him as the icon and legend he is, it would not only tarnish the Undertaker's legacy, but also his mystique as being at his best on the greatest of all stages. And IMO, there is no one presently able to legitimately end his streak, and that includes Cena, Lesnar, or Orton. If the streak did not end against legends like HHH or HBK, then who is truly left to end it and how believable would that loss would be? It would be in the best interest of the WWE to allow the Undertaker to retire with the streak intact, to give any and all future superstars something to strive for.

ok first of all if it has to or had to end it should've been 10+ years ago when Austin was top face and he was heel for the sole fact that he would've been given even more incentive to keep the streak alive because outside of guys like Kane Ric Flair and Sid there was no one else he faced at Mania at the time that were in there prime and if Austin would've ended the streak the would've been the biggest pop off recent memory and they would've put on a match that rivals Michaels vs Hart Steamboat vs Savage and either one of the TLC matches and taker probably would've let it happen but now its the only thing he wants to came back for every year and even if he fights Brock or Rock at Mania he will not let them win because at this point he wants the streak to live forever and will keep on doing mania's until he can't wrestle anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back