• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the one match that didnt happen between HHH and HBK

wbuqed

I bring the meat even if ur a vegan
Ok so everyone remembers the fued between HBK and HHH that went from summerslam 2002 through 2004. It had all types of unbelievable matches. Hell in a Cell, Street Fights, 2/3 falls, etc and was what some may say the feud of the generation. Well here's something that crossed my mind yesterday and I wanted to get your impression on how it would've played out.

Iron man match between HHH and HBK. Now they've both done this match before, so do you think 60 mins between these two could have happened? If so what you have liked seeing a match between these two and why/why not?

Personally I think a match between these 2 at that time could have worked considering HHH was still protected by evolution which could have had effective run in spots. During 2004 I still think HBK himself had the stamina to go that long. Now I don't think it would have been the top match of their feud but definitely not in the dumps.

No, HBK and HHH should not have had an iron man match. I'm a huge HHH mark, and I'm also a fan of Shawn's, but I definitely would not have wanted to see this match. Do you remember their Hell In A Cell match from Bad Blood 2004? Personally, I think that match was pretty okay, but there's one big problem with it.....it was too long. Towards the last 15 or 20 minutes of the match, you could tell both men were totally gassed.

Yeah, HBK and HHH probably could've went an hour back then, but I think the match would've ended up just like the cell. Both of them would've been completely gassed towards the end or middle of the match, and it wouldn't be something we would want to remember.

Ya, this match could have been epic, imo. Each of them have in at least one badass Iron Man Match(HBK vs Bret and HHH vs Beniot[think this match took place fore the feud, was on a Raw i believe]) so they both had strong experience. Also, many seem to forget that Hunter is a rather solid, if not better than, technical wrestler when he needs to be, so this match really probably could have been hella awesome.

King,
while that's probably true, i'm pretty sure both of them would have trained just a little harder or differently prior to the IMM to stave off such effects as long as possible. Even at the end of HBK vs Bret both were getting tired, its an HOUR long match after all, so of course they would be a bit wiped.

If Shawn beats Undertaker then one final feud with HHH must surely be in order and this would be the only place they could take it that would be fresh and original (besides the monumental task of trying to make Triple H the face and Shawn the heel). I would like to see the match but it's probably a year or two too late for it to happen.

I'm not a fan of re-doing feuds unless one or both men has evolved, and both of these guys found their stride a very long time ago so they're not bringing anything new to the table, meaning they'd have to do a match they haven't before, and that would be the Iron-Man match.

A compromise would be if Shawn lost and then wanted one final match with his best friend on Raw the night after and they did a 30-minute Iron-Man. It's unlikely they'd add the stip if they did it, because it being the final match and being a friendly goodbye would be gimmick enough, but just thinking of practical alternatives here.

Nwoite when was this benoit-HHH iron man match? I only remember HHH being in an iron man match vs the rock in 2000. I don't really remember the HIAC match but yeah a point was made bout the endurance extra training involved. That's something very necessary unlike just doing preparation for a 10 or 20 min match. Though I don't think you'd have to worry bout a guy like HHH when it comes to the extra training.

I knew you were gonna say Iron Man, but the funny thing is you said the ONE match which isnt true. There are many they havent competed in. Punjabi Prison, any Deathmatch at all... hell, how bout a I Quit

but yeah as far as the Iron Man Match you can bet your ass everyone would be behind HBK for that Mania match with Bret and that HHH would win. HBK would put him over though I think HBK should get that honor if it were to have happened or does happen next year at WrestleMania (highly unlikely unless it were 5 hours which it wont be)

No, the match would be good, but I wouldn't have wanted to see it. For me their hell in a cell match at Badd Blood 2004 was like their iron man match, it went on for 50 mins max, the last 15 mins of the match, both wrestlers spent the whole time on the mat lying down and I probably saw one move being done lol...you could easily tell they were both exhausted, HHH needed his pals to help him to the back and HBK got help from the ref.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back