The [OFFICIAL] workout thread: Pt. II

Steamboat Ricky

WZCW's Living Legend
Because the old one was archived, and I apparently cannot post in it. And there's no rules against it in the Bar Room anyway.

What supplements should I ask for for Christmas since I have to figure out something to ask for.

Did back today, and it was far more decent than I had anticipated. Workouts during the end of the semester tend to suck big time.

I just finished week 7 of Madcow's 5x5. My bench is getting to a plateau point, which for the program is perfect timing, not like I want to plateau though.

Anyone know of a weight set similar to the Bowflex SelectTech 1090? I need adjustable dumbbells that can go up to 90lbs each.

Sadly it seems competitively priced. The stupid thing about it is I bet it doesn't cost nearly that much to make, but considering what they replace the value is worth that much.

There are other brands out there like PowerBlock and Weider but I didn't see anything that was notably cheaper. Maybe someone else could find something better though.

I will say they're $50 cheaper on Amazon instead of the Bowflex website. And I'm sure you can get free shipping for those on Amazon. And they're even cheaper if you just google them and are willing to trust an unknown website...

Anyone else have better luck...?

EDIT: I even tried the Walmart website but it's currently having issues so I couldn't see what they have them at.

The cheapest pair of Bowflex I saw was when I googled it and a random website popped up saying $539 with a pomo code for 5% off and free shipping.

I didn't google the PowerBlock or Weider brand if you want to try that. There's also a few other small time brands but prices were similar.

I just have a gym membership. Yeah it eventually costs more, but there's also a ton of equipment and other stuff I can use. No time for it?

I did 3 20 minute sessions on a elliptical strider today, I looked for a lower body setting for fat burner, and did over 2k strides each 20 minute sessions. I'm 354 pounds right now, and I've been told by like over a dozen people that I don't look it. I'm not trying to work on building anything up, just taking all the fat away. I like the machine though, because it works my arms and legs at the same time, and just straight running would tear up my knees at this weight.

I know right now, I'm quitting smoking and drinking of all forms. Slowly so I'm not a dick head I'm stopping with the pop. But can anyone shoot me any foods that are good to eat to burn off quick?

I was told to also slow down on my water intake, because I drink a lot of fluids, the more you drink, the more you have to burn off to get to total fat burning right? I know breads and pasta are good to get away from.

I'm just looking for some advice, to kinda help me along with my diet. I have the work ethic, but I need help with the diet.

No, Jesus Christ no, do not take down your fluid intake when it comes to water. Do you want to fucking die? You level of hydration has fuck all to do with cracking into fat cellls.

Fuck.

Get your carbs from Veggies. Lots of veggies, lean meats like chicken and fish, and try making deli sandwhiches with lean turkey and ham, no cheese.

Along with exercise, switching to diet pop, and getting away from drinking, that should get you a ton of weight loss just because of were you are starting.

Just remember its a process, and doesnt happen overnight. Stay consistent and commited.

Well not like cutting the water down to like 1/4 of what I was. I was drinking A LOT, of water and pop a day, like terrible stuff. I was told to take my weight, and half it. That in ounces is the Max i need to drink a day, it would be like 151 ounces a day.

Would diet soda really work? I've never thought of that. I'm going today at 4:45 till 630 like I did yesterday. Some jump rope and a 30 minute for a cool down day, and then monday I'll go hard with a hour session.

I've also been using a sweatshirt, is anything wrong with that? Like working out with one on to lose a few more?

I do the sweatshirt thing too. So yes, effective.

The reason soda is bad is for the high fructose corn syrup, sugar content, and carbs. Diet soda is devoid of these.

No, if you are working out like a motherfucker, with a sweater on, there is no water that is too much. soda, yea, needs to go, but water is fine. I usually get a gallon a day.

A gallon?! Jesus, I wish I knew a lot about working out. For real, when I was in wrestling it was alway just run fat ass. I wish I knew like quick tips to get rid of stuff. Are their any suplements that I could take that arent bad for your body? To help boost fat? I've cut out drinking, I was dropping a 30 case myself every two days, So I have money to burn on stuff like that.

Just trying to think. Norcs, we need to work out. Someone like you would turn me into a fucking monster in a year. I know when I was wrestling I was dropping over 700 on deadlifts, around 450 for the squats and stuff.

Todays workout consisted of:

20 min intervals: 1 min walk, 1 min sprint
Circuit 1:
30 pushups
15 pullups
15 dips
10 handstand pushups
Repeat above circuit 2 times
10 min run
Repeat circuit 1 two more times
Death

Also on a low carb, high protein, high fat kick right now. Like freaking 30g carbs a day, maybe less. Great results thus far, but cutting sucks like a motherfucker. I miss taco bell

Todays workout consisted of:

20 min intervals: 1 min walk, 1 min sprint
Circuit 1:
30 pushups
15 pullups
15 dips
10 handstand pushups
Repeat above circuit 2 times
10 min run
Repeat circuit 1 two more times
Death

Also on a low carb, high protein, high fat kick right now. Like freaking 30g carbs a day, maybe less. Great results thus far, but cutting sucks like a motherfucker. I miss taco bell

Phatso, no. Nothing but the things I have told you, and nothing is "quick" about any sort of major body comp change.

and sounds like good work mathix, though I would caution such low carb deprevation.

and sounds like good work mathix, though I would caution such low carb deprevation.

I hear ya. This is the first time I've done low carb per reading Dave Palumbo's posts on Keto and what not. Shedding fat like crazy though so thats good. Always thought low carb was a myth at first. Then again some people may respond better to it than others.

NorCal do you take creatine? I tried using Con-Cret but the first 2 days I took it (only 1 scoop) i puked like 20 minutes after. Does my body just not like it?

You will lose weight, but its not a long term solution. The second you even look at something with carbs, its all coming back. The further into deprevation you go, the worse this effect becomes. I have done a 25 - 35 per day diet before, and it was proven before my eyes, besides just reading up on research. You are also likely to lose more muscle mass and strength than any other method (though im not sure if those are especially important to you, or if getting your shred on takes prescedence)

I like the workouts though, its something similar to the workouts I do for cutting phases. How many weeks in a row are you planning on hitting those, and what is the overall goal for them?

I take creatine ethyl-ester, not creatine monohydrate. Ethyl-ester still gives you the recovery and supplementation, but none of the water retention and cramping. It can be found in supplements like the "C2" line. and I only take it pre and post workout on hard lifting days.

You will lose weight, but its not a long term solution. The second you even look at something with carbs, its all coming back. The further into deprevation you go, the worse this effect becomes. I have done a 25 - 35 per day diet before, and it was proven before my eyes, besides just reading up on research. You are also likely to lose more muscle mass and strength than any other method (though im not sure if those are especially important to you, or if getting your shred on takes prescedence)

I like the workouts though, its something similar to the workouts I do for cutting phases. How many weeks in a row are you planning on hitting those, and what is the overall goal for them?

I take creatine ethyl-ester, not creatine monohydrate. Ethyl-ester still gives you the recovery and supplementation, but none of the water retention and cramping. It can be found in supplements like the "C2" line. and I only take it pre and post workout on hard lifting days.

I have also read a lot, like almost all of the weight you use from cutting carbs is water. Reading around it seems extremely low carb is just something bodybuilders do before a show or a ufc fighter before a weigh in type thing. Would i be better off just sticking with things like oatmeal, brown rice etc? The idea was to lose fat but maintain as much strength as possible so i keep my protein to about 200g a day.

I've been on this workout schedule for about 2 weeks now, gonna switch it up in about a month. I do upper/lower body split. On lower body days keep the intervals and cardio but substitute the exercises for lower. I have very limited time in the gym due to being in the Army so i constructed something that I can blaze through but still be challenging.

I think im just gonna go back to a pre workout supplement that has creatine as a bonus. Was using C4 for a while and that was awesome. I work out at 5 am every time so gotta get that boost in the mornings

I have also read a lot, like almost all of the weight you use from cutting carbs is water. Reading around it seems extremely low carb is just something bodybuilders do before a show or a ufc fighter before a weigh in type thing. Would i be better off just sticking with things like oatmeal, brown rice etc?

Thats what Ive done for a few years now, I just up my fiber intake, and get a real strong handle on sat fats and sugars.

I'm just getting done with my 30 minutes on the strider, going to do maybe 15 minute slow jog, depends on how my knees and hips feel. And yeah, I understand its going to take time, I was trying to ask like fiber supplements, and shit like that. Not total fat burners, but stuff to put my diet on track. 2 more minutes, then tread mill here I come >.>, why did I get lazy?

I'm just getting done with my 30 minutes on the strider, going to do maybe 15 minute slow jog, depends on how my knees and hips feel. And yeah, I understand its going to take time, I was trying to ask like fiber supplements, and shit like that. Not total fat burners, but stuff to put my diet on track. 2 more minutes, then tread mill here I come >.>, why did I get lazy?

Non fat oatmeal, chili, and vegtable soup. More the latter than the former (IE 2 cans of veggie soup to every one packet of oatmeal / one can of chili).Also, feel free to put a dash of hotsauce into the chili or veggie soup, for taste and becuase its thermogenic (speeds up metabolism)

Like progresso Vegi soup? That stuff, and is peanut butter OK? Like no bread. I'm just asking, don't yell at me.

The campbells one is heartier. Small amounts of reduced fat peanut butter, spread on either celery, or mixed in with your hot oatmeal

Alright, I was a salt junkie for a while. Like bad, I've switched to food grade sea salt like my doctor said. And cut that by more than half of what I eating of regular salt. And oatmeal, is the Quaker stuff fat free? Because the store down the road sells it cheap.

I'm just picking your brain, you're the master. Hope u don't mind.

I just finished up my workout, was going to finish with a 15 minute walk/jog. Ended up doing two miles on the Nordic track with 7 incline, it was fun so I just kept going. Then I did a 5 minute stride, with the last minute on the highest setting. Then stretched and watered. Good day all in all, now its time for some more water, and a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back