The Official Life Accomplishment Thread

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I've been meaning to make a thread like this for a little while now ever since becoming active again. I can't believe it but it's nearly 7 years since I first created my Wrestlezone account and a lot has changed in that time.

I was 15 when I became a member, and for those of you who remember I was quite the trouble starter.. I went through the depressed teenager looking for attention phase while dealing with an alcoholic family. I'd have moments where my personality and true self would shine through and actually help discussions. I created some of KB's first book covers. I tried being mentored by Smooth Sexual Chocolate. Tried assisting Dave and JGlass in their Wrestlezone projects. And then I went back into a tailspin spin got banned again, came back. Took time off. Lived life and didn't post for a while, you name it.

From the time I became a member I finished high school, got two degrees from Duquesne University, have started my Masters, got my head back on straight, moved into my own place, and have seen quite the development personally.

On the forums I have read of members dying, read of members getting married, read of members having children, getting new jobs, figuring life out.

I'm surprised we've never had a thread just for people to share what's going on in their actual lives. A thread where we can celebrate together as a community. Wrestlezone is a large part of some of our lives and I just wanted a thread to celebrate people's accomplishments.

Whatever it is big or small, if you feel like sharing, put it here.

In the space of 6 months at 20 years old I lost my job, my girlfriend and my house. Bounced around for a bit doing nothing of use except taking mdma and Coke most of the time. For around a year my life had no purpose or direction.

I managed to get a new job I've been in for 2 years now, got a home again and I paid off around 10g in debts last year.

Best thing about it all is it's only going to get better.

Well, I managed to leave Cuba during the Mariel exodus of 1980. I found myself in a Florida refugee camp but my friend Manny had a way out for us: undertake a contract killing and arrangements will be made to get a green card. Soon enough I'm working for drug dealer Frank Lopez and I show my mettle when a deal with Colombian drug dealers goes bad. I also brought a new level of violence to Miami. I'm very protective of my younger sister but my mother knew what I did for a living and disowned me. I get very impatient and want it all however, including Frank's empire and his mistress Elvira Hancock. Once at the top however, my outrageous actions make me a target and everything comes crumbling down.

There was this one point when all these cops were storming my mansion y'see so I smash my fucking face in a big pile of cocaine and let em have it! I even had a good line I shouted.. .I can't recall it though.

"Hello friends, meet my machine gun. I call him Lanny."

Or something of that nature.

I've only been on these forums three or four years now but am starting to see some changes, which is notable because I live in a tiny backwater town where any change at all is rare. Unfortunately, the recent changes haven't been good ones.

In the past two months I have had a major surgery(which was pretty miserable) and when I finally got home my roof started leaking. My beloved San Francisco Giants are threatening to be the worst team in the league and Chris Cornell, my all-time favorite musician, stretched his neck. Worst of all, my cat died of heart failure. So now I've been out of work for a couple of months and am looking at extensive medical bills along with needing to pay for a new roof. Yay me!

I hate to complain and rarely talk about any problems with anybody but it felt kind of good to gripe there for a second. Besides, I guess it's time I paid my dues; I've led a pretty charmed life and bad things happen to everyone eventually. On the bright side, my girlfriend moved in with me and I got a good job that I enjoy about two years ago. Until this surgery, I had always been the picture of good health so I'd been very lucky there. I also have great friends and family so all in all, I guess things are pretty good.

Taking me way longer than I expected to put an answer down.

I have one. I been at my current employer for four years on September 3rd of this year. Longest I held down a job, ever.

I guess being sober for 4 years is another accomplishment even if I relish in the thoughts of how fun my life was back then.

I found out I can actual create a little human which was a heart felt moment. Did not get to meet said tiny human. Knowing I can reproduce is an accomplishment I never thought I'd accomplish in life.

I jumped heavily back into art and music. Did stand up comedy for the first time. Went through a bunch of negative stuff that I've mentioned on here probably too many times. Got a bunch of new tattoos that I love looking at. Started therapy. Had health scares and bounced back. Formed some really tight friendships in times that I really needed it and had friendships fall apart in times where I couldn't handle it. Life has been a constant series of ups and downs but that's fairly typical for life.

Well, its been 6 years since I've joined these forums.

In this time I graduated from college, got a job, traveled abroad for the first time. Also, last month I moved to Barcelona to start my post-graduate program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back