The Office

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
I'm talking about the American version. I've only seen the British version once, and it was hilarious, so I don't want to start a "which is better" dispute. The Office is one of the best shows on tv in America. It is always funny and really dramatic. Micheal and Dwight are classic character. I can't wait until the new season. Anyone else out there feel the same way?

The American version is horrible. They did a marathon on BBC3 once, it's like Ben Stiller directed it. It totally loses ths subtlety that the English one, which is far superior, featured, and all the characters are so whacky and irritating that it is all but impossible to empathise with them. To simplify, ha ha not so much.

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

I love the American Version it's one of my favorite shows in fact, I can't wait till Season # comes out on DVD, on Tuesday I think, anyway I already have the first two seasons, and watch them all the time, the chemesrty the cast has together is good, and everthing on the show is funny, My favorite episode has got to be the Sexual Harassment Episode, where Micheal brings in the blow up doll, I was ROFL through the whole show, great show probably one of the best shows on TV right now, and TBS is going to start showing it on Tuesday nights now too, so we'll get twice a week:thumbsup:

I agree with Mrs. Sam. The American version is terrible. They totally missed the point of it. It stoped being a mocumentary and turned into an unfunny sitcom. It's like Joey but worse. It really is terrible. The English version if more subtle. You can watch each series over and over again and pick up new things each time.

I love the American version of the Office. It is perfectly cast, and the characters are excellent. Season two was full of laughs so I had high hopes for season 3 and it surpassed my expectations.

I have found that most people like whatever version they watched first, either the British or American.

i like the american version is a good show .the cast is good,and the characters too.
but i've never seen the brittish version can you post a video so i can compare

The British version is very good but you have to realize that the show is made for its audience. Had the American version not become what it is today, nobody would watch it and it would be cancelled.

I'm from America mind you and the mainstream audience has the attention span of a nat. I love the American version because I don't compare it to the British version, they are two seperate shows. Ricky Gervais doesn't seem to have a problem with it, he directed an episode.

The British version emphasizes satire of the common workplace. The American version tried that in the first season, and it didn't get over with audiences. So, like wrestler with a bad gimmick, they repackaged it. Starting with the second season, the show became more about character development. But the show still deals with alot of office humor. There have been episodes about Sexual harrassment, unionizing, sales pitches, recalls, the works. And the main difference between the two main characters is that, while still an idiot, Steve Carell's Michael is still a good guy. Ricky Gervais' David is a dick AND a moron. Completely unlikable, conceeded, and unfortunately, very much like his real life personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back