• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Next Ever Undisputed Champion...

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
Everyone knows how Chris Jericho is always bragging about how he is the first ever Undisputed Champion. Everyone also wants to know whats going to happen with Triple H and Edge both being Smackdown Superstars and being both World Champions. If you go to wwe.com then you'll see that the Intercontinental and Women's titles are the only titles listed as Raw titles right now. With Orton winning the Rumble and Cena obviously having a rematch everyone thinks that either Edge will defend against Cena as Raw's new champion while Orton faces HHH for Smackdown gold. Or Triple H will join his wife on Raw and Edge will stay on Smackdown defending against someone else. I say they have a 4 man tournament at Wrestlemania with Edge facing Cena and Orton facing HHH then the winners face off to decide who is the undisputed champion. I'd have Orton win so not only would he be the youngest champion in history but he beat Cena and HHH in the same night to become the undisputed champion on the silver anniversary of Wrestlemania.What do you guys think of unifying the belts at Wrestlemania? Would you unify them at all? Would you do it a different way than they were unified at Vengeance? Would you choose someone else as the new champion? Discuss it here.

As much as I'd love it, I don't think it's going to happen. Raw and Smackdown have spent too long building up the mystique of being seperate entities that it's unlikely. If nothing else, where does it leave ECW? Would there be the world title and the ecw title? The problem with this theory became very clear during the brand exclusive PPV days: when the champion is only facing a contender from one show at a time, there's nothing to do on the other show for a month and it's just dull. Overall I love the idea, but while the brands are split it can't work properly.

As much as I'd love it, I don't think it's going to happen. Raw and Smackdown have spent too long building up the mystique of being seperate entities that it's unlikely. If nothing else, where does it leave ECW? Would there be the world title and the ecw title? The problem with this theory became very clear during the brand exclusive PPV days: when the champion is only facing a contender from one show at a time, there's nothing to do on the other show for a month and it's just dull. Overall I love the idea, but while the brands are split it can't work properly.

As far as having nothing to do on the other show if I remember correctly the champion was supposed to defend his title on both shows. He could be in a title feud on one show and a smaller grudge feud on the other nothing too overbearing but something to keep the champion interesting on both brands. As for ECW I would have ECW stand on its own they're constantly getting a plethera of new young talent in and they're not on the level of Raw or SD anyway now so it wouldn't really matter. I would just make that title more of a focal point on its show as well. The same problem lies with the ECW belt as it does with the IC belt only not as bad. No major angles involving the superstars competing for the belt. I know they wont do extreme rules matches as much anymore due to the new PG rating but the matches can still be violent to a degree and thats all ECW would need.

Nah. There's really no point for an undisputed championship when the brand extension still exist, and with the draft happening a week afterwards. It's good in theory, but bad in reality. The last time the Undisputed championship was in order, it didn't work too well. The Belt bouncing back and forth with the champion on both shows is just a bad idea, and really is counter productive to the brand extension. the brands need to remain unique, and having one title per show is the way to do it.

Nah. There's really no point for an undisputed championship when the brand extension still exist, and with the draft happening a week afterwards. It's good in theory, but bad in reality. The last time the Undisputed championship was in order, it didn't work too well. The Belt bouncing back and forth with the champion on both shows is just a bad idea, and really is counter productive to the brand extension. the brands need to remain unique, and having one title per show is the way to do it.

I don't have a problem with the way its done now but I do believe that with less world championships more focus could be put on the lower titles like the IC and Tag belts,and forget the brand extension its paper thin anyway wrestlers compete on different brands all the time and Smackdown and Raw could showcase talent from the whole company. Roster cuts would be appropriate but its not like there isn't a bunch of wasted talent right now or waste of space that couldnt use being on ECW or on one of WWE's developmental grounds.

I would really love to see Randy Orton go over eaither HHH or Cena but an undisputed Championship? IMO it won't happen anytime soon. You have to remember that WWE still considers the ECW championship as a world title (worthless as it is)

with the draft coming up after wrestlemania its obvious that they are doing this to keep us guessing about the title picture while they finalize wrestlemania plans. if you were going to unite any titles I suggest they Unify the tag titles first and see how that works out. then i would do the womens/diva titles but WWE is too big for one undisputed world heavyweight champion

An Undisputed Champion? On paper, yes. On TV, no. I would really like to see an undisputed champion but it just simply ain't gonna happen. Jack Swagger is the ECW Champ, and he hasn't even been mentioned in this storyline. You'd have an undisputed champ, but oh wait, there's still an ECW Champion. It defeats the purpose. It won't happen. Edge is going to lose the belt tonight and go back to SmackDown, or he'll simply stay on Raw. It's as simple as that.

An Undisputed Champion? On paper, yes. On TV, no. I would really like to see an undisputed champion but it just simply ain't gonna happen. Jack Swagger is the ECW Champ, and he hasn't even been mentioned in this storyline. You'd have an undisputed champ, but oh wait, there's still an ECW Champion. It defeats the purpose. It won't happen. Edge is going to lose the belt tonight and go back to SmackDown, or he'll simply stay on Raw. It's as simple as that.

But whos to say they couldn't claim ECW as a seperate entity under the WWE umbrella like they did when they first revived it. Then the ECW title wouldn't have to be considered in the Undisputed conversation seeing as how it would be the WWE undisputed title and not the entire worlds undisputed belt.That would never happen a title that is for one man not in the non territorial days of today. But a WWE Undisputed title that could work if done properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back