The new "Yay" and "Boo"

JohnJohnson

aka JuanJuanson
This might seem a little far fetched, but it seems like nowadays we have a new version of the typical "yay" and "boo" when wrestling fans express content or discontent. I noticed this particularly on Monday. It seems as if anytime the crowd really wants to boo someone, they begin a CM Punk chant. I was actually a little shocked when they started a CM Punk chant during the Undertaker/Lesnar segment. I thought it was very disrespectful. During the Triple H/Stephanie segment, we saw both.

I will admit that the Yes chant is generally used only for Daniel Bryan situations, and there are still regular cheers. There have been a couple moments where the crowd has done it, in a non-Bryan situation. Furthermore, I see these chants happening at indie shows as well. These chants even break out at sportsball games.

It's just something I started to notice has been progressively increasing. I'm sure some one here can articulate this a lot better, and I would appreciate if someone could elaborate on this a little. Or am I just full of shit here?

No it's not.

Cm punk fanboys are just acting like the trolls they are.

I hope I don't lose it next week at Mania / post-WM raw and punch one of those people lol.

I can see where you are coming from and I have to agree, you are shit free my friend, lol.

Yay and Boo will never go away, but as you said they chant another superstars name during promos and matches if they feel it is not to their liking.

I consistently hear either CM PUUNK! or RANDY SAVAGE!! (as an example, they say others), it's become the thing to do.

Ive heard it on ROH,TNA,CZW,even at a press conference for some boxing fight my friend was watching. (have no idea who, i dont follow that)

As for the Yes! chant, it's become universal, you see it in variety of sports events across the world, wait for the next Presidential Campaign rally, I guarantee you will see it.

I have caught myself doing it getting insanely excited for something that had completely nothing to do with wrestling.

It is so simple,and it's a clear way of showing how you feel and what you are trying to convey.

No it's not.

Cm punk fanboys are just acting like the trolls they are.

I hope I don't lose it next week at Mania / post-WM raw and punch one of those people lol.

shut up.

Now then, to the OP. I dont think the Yay and Boo have exactly have been replaced, more along the lines of "Evolved". The fans are reacting to segments they dont like (the Boo) with chanting something like CM-Punk! or something. Its the same thing as the "What?" we all know and love. That is an evolution of the Boo. The cheer is in many forms, in addition to the "yay", from Yes Yes Yes to We the People, hell Rest in Peace is a form of the yay.

In short, we still have the Yay and the Boo, they are just evolved. Sorta like a chicken evolving form the dinosaurs or something....

ok that was bad. sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back