Christian York: Yay or Nay?

Christian York: Yay or Nay?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since Christian York has returned to TNA, being there in the early days of TNA, he showed glimpses of being a star, but it was always put into a role like a Tag Team to where, his skills would be put on the back burner.Now York is not teamming with anyone, he's shining by himself as we saw an excellent singles match with Jeff Hardy last week, and in my opinion he out performed Jeff who is the World Champion! This tells me Jeff won't hold that Title for long, when his opponents are out performing him on a weekly basis.Now York is 35, and I wished TNA found this gem early in his career, but the time is now for York, and I woudn't mind seeing him a X-Division Champion down the line.What do you guys think will happen with York?

I thought the decision to do gut check would be more inspired by what they have done with the X-division tournaments that preceeded the last two Destination-X events. Those tournaments provided TNA fans with either permanent or temporary roster spots for guys like Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt, Tony Neese, Kid Kash, Shima Xion, and most notably of course- Austin Aries.

I thought the decision to do gut check would be more inspired by what they have done with the X-division tournaments that preceeded the last two Destination-X events. Those tournaments provided TNA fans with either permanent or temporary roster spots for guys like Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt, Tony Neese, Kid Kash, Shima Xion, and most notably of course- Austin Aries.

Good post. Seems like I have heard it somewhere before...

Guys like York are the reason that I was excited about the gut check concept. I thought it was going to be a monthly audition for the top Indy talent not currently signed to an exclusive contract by another organization. I was expecting to be teased with matches from guys who were actually roster-worthy and readily recognizable to well-versed Indy wrestling fans like myself, but prior to York, Joey Ryan has been the only other "contestant" who met that criteria. Aside from those two we have been subjected to watching either green developmental level workers(ie. Shaw, Silva, Hendrix), or worse yet, teenage kids or out-of-shape nobodies.

I thought the decision to do gut check would be more inspired by what they have done with the X-division tournaments that preceeded the last two Destination-X events. Those tournaments provided TNA fans with either permanent or temporary roster spots for guys like Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt, Tony Neese, Kid Kash, Shima Xion, and most notably of course- Austin Aries. And that is not to mention that it has given us the chance to also see matches from solid talents like Gargano, Rave, Yang, Bentley and Blk Jeez as well as elite workers like Lo Ki, Jack Evans, Jigsaw, and Scorpio Sky. If gut check would routinely feature that same level of talent on a month-to-month basis then it would be a massive success that could truely re-invigorate the roster, especially the thin "X" or tag divisions.

;)

Christian York maybe getting some type of push.
last week he called out and wrestled Jeff Hary, and now tonight he came out and challenged Bobby Roode.
I was expecting York in the X division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back