The New Beautiful People

Mr Breezy

Dark Match Jobber
First thread. I know everyone rags on TNA for always taking storylines and ideas from WWE but I think we may be seeing the opposite with this one. I'm not sure if anybody has noticed, but I think with the amount of success The Beautiful People have had in TNA, WWE might be trying to make their own version using, Michelle McCool, Layla, and Maryse. Now i'm not saying this is a bad idea or anything but I'm just wondering if it is a smart move by the WWE (even though in reality it would only gain heat from the iwc for "copying tna"). So, would you like to see the E have their own version of The Beautiful People, or do you think that The Beautiful People can never be duplicated in any way shape or form?

I don't watch TNA but I know who you mean. I think that the thing Simply Flawless (I think that's the name for McCool and Layla's team) is doing great, and can see the comparison to TBP. So yeah, WWE are smart in mimicking an idea of TNA, but then you've got Vickie Guerrero who is far from beautiful so on some level they aren't mimicking TBP. And I'd like to see Maryse added into the mix as well, maybes in the draft SF could be drafted or Maryse could be drafted and they join forces (Don't mean to sound like its someting from a comic book but that's all I got, forces lol) It'd definitly make sense.

Eh, McCool and Layla aren't ugly but they're not all that hot either, I could care less either way, TNA marks would go ballistic though screaming how WWE copied TNA, but then they'll either ignore or forget the fact that TNA copied WWE on the Montreal Screw job with Bret/Shawn/Vince with the whole "Kurt Angle got screwed" Thing.

Not really. All wrestling companies copy off of someone. The difference between The Beautiful People and Simply Flawless is that no one cares about McCool or Layla. No one really cares about the WWE divas to begin with either. TBP are the TNA knockout tag champs and have been a popular faction in TNA for years now. Usually the most highest rated segment as well. WWE could have a popular stable like that, but the divas are an afterthought in the WWE so I don't see it happening.

I like Simply Flawless. They've made Smackdown's Diva division a lot more entertaining by providing something that people would care about rather than the same 6-Diva tag match every week and Diva's Title matches no one cares about. Maryse herself can't save RAW's Diva division. Meanwhile, Simply Flawless has been getting quite possibly the most heat they've ever had in their careers. It may be thanks to Vickie, but nonetheless, people are starting to hate on them. And it sounds somewhat legit.

I'm fine if WWE stole the idea from TNA. Wrestling companies steal ideas from each other all the time. I bet you somewhere in the world an obscure wrestling company is doing the Montreal Screwjob right about now. The thing about WWE's incarnation of the Beautiful People is that they're taking it on a completely different path than what TBP are doing now. They've got a person of power on Simply Flawless who could change matches to prove to be in Laycool's favor, which is something TBP doesn't have. Meanwhile, TBP is mired in a feud with a former member and the current Knockouts Champion, which is a great feud SF doesn't have. Two different storylines, which both have the potential to be great television.

I know what you mean, I started thinking that Simply Flawless or Laycool, whichever it is, was similar to the beautiful people when I started watching TNA. I think it isn't that big a deal cause ultimately I don't see Simply Flawless doing anything but making weight jokes and running away from Beth Phoenix. So it might actually help TNA as it makes the Divas pale in comparison to the Knockouts.

BTW Layla is one of the hottest female wrestlers (yes I use wrestlers loosely) in the biz today.

Eh, McCool and Layla aren't ugly but they're not all that hot either, I could care less either way, TNA marks would go ballistic though screaming how WWE copied TNA, but then they'll either ignore or forget the fact that TNA copied WWE on the Montreal Screw job with Bret/Shawn/Vince with the whole "Kurt Angle got screwed" Thing.

Layla not hot?:wtf: She's the hottest thing in WWE followed by Mickie James with all of her thickness. I mean, the whole time SF was feuding with Mickie the only thing I thought would be better than Mickie kicking their asses was if I came in and convinced Mickie and Layla to make up. Then we'd go back to my place for some :la:. Michelle's a looker in her own right but I have too much respect for 'Taker to say anything.

Back to the subject at hand, I think it's good for WWE because it made everyone care about the Divas for a change. I usually just flip the channels except for when I get a chance to ogle Layla and Mickie:la:. To the point of promotions copying each other, I don't seem to recall Heyman ever doing that in the REAL ECW. Sorry if I'm being a mark but didn't he feed the WWE a lot of their Attitude Era angles?:shrug:

Not really. All wrestling companies copy off of someone. The difference between The Beautiful People and Simply Flawless is that no one cares about McCool or Layla. No one really cares about the WWE divas to begin with either. TBP are the TNA knockout tag champs and have been a popular faction in TNA for years now. Usually the most highest rated segment as well. WWE could have a popular stable like that, but the divas are an afterthought in the WWE so I don't see it happening.

I love that signature, where'd you get it?

If the E is combining, McCool & Layla with Maryse, it's only to get an angle for a match at Wrestlemania. It's going to be a rush job 6 Diva tag with McCool, Layla, & Maryse vs Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, and Tiffany. The only possible payoff is a surprise appearance by one of the Divas that's currently on the shelf; Mickie or Melina.

WWE didn't copy TNA with SIMPLY FLAWLESS. In reality TNA copied WWE with the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. Does anybody remember VINCE'S DEVILS (Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson, and Victoria). They were before the whole Beautiful People came about. So No WWE did not Copy TNA. So nuff said.

WWE didn't copy TNA with SIMPLY FLAWLESS. In reality TNA copied WWE with the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. Does anybody remember VINCE'S DEVILS (Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson, and Victoria). They were before the whole Beautiful People came about. So No WWE did not Copy TNA. So nuff said.

That's true. Vince's Devils, aka Ladies in Pink, were around before the Beautiful People. But Vince's Devil's and Simply Flawless are different from TBP in that there was a variety of membership in both WWE groups. With TBP, they all have that Barbie Doll look to them that ties them together (blonde hair, big boobs, etc.).

I enjoy both teams because they are doing their jobs of getting people to boo them. But I do think TBP is better because, with the exception of Lacey Von Erich, they are better wrestlers.

The Knockouts are better than the Divas because TNA features women who are hot AND know how to wrestle. About half of the Divas know how to wrestle while the others are mostly there because they have that Playboy Centerfold look to them.

So, would you like to see the E have their own version of The Beautiful People, or do you think that The Beautiful People can never be duplicated in any way shape or form?

First of all, a little newsflash. The Beautiful People aren't really that original, as others pointed out there have been stables in the past made up of members who were all attractive female heels. So, even if WWE were to "borrow" TNA's formula for The Beautiful People, TNA still "borrowed" it to begin with, it's been done before. The Beautiful People CAN easily be duplicated because they are a recreation of stables that have already existed in the past.

With that out of the way.... Yeah I'd like to see a WWE counterpart of the Beautiful People because a stable of attractive female heels is never a bad thing. One might be forming with Michelle, Layla, and Maryse. I'm guessing Michelle would be in the role Velvet's in as the leader, Layla would be like Madison as a lackey who doesn't win many matches, and that leaves Maryse with Lacey's role of the one who's just there to look pretty. This stable, if it forms at all, would already be above the Beautiful People though because they have Vickie on their side, and TNA's The Beautiful People do not have an authority figure backing them at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back