• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The Network" is Revealed! Mick Foley is Back!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
...and it looks like he's just taken control of TNA from Immortal, Hogan and Bischoff!

Much like the Chyna debut, a number of you knew this already from the spoilers, but for those of us who watched live, Mick Foley was revealed tonight as the Network representative who's been pulling the strings behind Hogan and Bischoff, seemingly one-upping them at every turn.

All discussion here.

I thought the way he came out was weird because when he came out, i could tell that the whole thing was re-taped by the way he came out, they switch to the crowd then back to him and notice the crowd was just dead, nice try impact wrestling, didn't fool me

Perfect person! I hadn't thought Foley cause I heard he was going back to WWE! Was that info released by TNA to swerve us on the net?...

This is the best role for Foley at his age. I always loved seeing Foley in an authority role whether it was WWE or TNA. I saw Foley recently at a house show and the poor guy could barely walk in and out of the ring. He is a great spokesperson that is the best in his role against Immortal.

I just realized that it just showed. I read the spoilers awhile ago, and i thought it was weird that all these surprises just popped up, lol. I love it that foley is the network guy, he is perfect for the role. Dixie would have just been dumb, but foley is the one manager of tna who is left on the side of the good guys. now if they could only make immortal look like it is an actual threat, tna could actually have a real storyline for a change.

I thought the way he came out was weird because when he came out, i could tell that the whole thing was re-taped by the way he came out, they switch to the crowd then back to him and notice the crowd was just dead, nice try impact wrestling, didn't fool me

Thats cuz they taped that part of the show twice, so the shots of going to the crowd was from the first time it was done and then the shots of him talking with the crowd dead was the second time they ran it. Of course the crowd is going to be dead when they see/hear the exact same thing again except for like three words changed. Also pretty sure its no secret they are taped......

Anyways, I like Foley being revealed as the person behind The Network. Since his time in the ring is pretty much over and he is good on the mic I think this is a really good roll for him as like the "face" GM type thing for a change from Hogan and Bishop "running things". I'm defiantly happy they didn't try and run this for a long time before revealing and did it decently quick.

Foley really is a good fit for this role.

Foley mentioned something that I'm confused about.
it is now Impact Wrestling.
does that mean it is no longer called TNA? or is only the TV show on Thursdays now called Impact Wrestling?
they mentioned multiple times that it is now Impact Wrestling, but did not use the word TNA.

I was so happy to see Mick Foley announced as The Network Executive. This is a PERFECT role for Mick and I think he will do excellent job. Mick as had this type of role before when he was the commish for WWE and I LOVED him in that role. Mick Foley is always been Very Good on the Mic and I thought he cut a pretty good promo tonight. I'm Very interested in seeing what happens with Foley as The Network Executive.

I am a big Foley mark. One of the best on the mic ever no doubt. I hope he sticks around when his deal is up but I have my doubts. It will be a shame if he leaves though because Vince is never going to use him right again anyway. Vince will just make a buck off of him for the first month and then treat him like shit again. I am interested to see what else they are going to have Foley change. I'd like to see a mic showdown with him and Anderson at some point as well.

i havent really liked this whole "network" storyline but i do love Foley so it's good to see him again. also i think it's a positive change to focus more on wrestling and less about hogan and bischoff because i can stand them. hopefully impact wrestling will help them in the long run.

Man just think about that segment..

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Eric Bischoff stroll to the ring... you know something big is about to happen.

I'm glad Foley is back, it's been too long, he seems to be passionate as usual, and that's what usually creates good wrestling television I guess lol.

Hopefully it doens't end here. There really need to be another authority figure above Foley pulling some more strings and making decisions and match edicts and what not. Would really add to the some depth and uneccessary complexity to the storyline. Bonus points if it turns out to be a lover of Kurt and/or Karen Angle as well.

absolutely hate tna or impact whatever it is. its cool to see mick but it aimt gonna last. tna will im sure do some "swerve" in the next few weeks amd have mick turn on everyone and make it look like it was a collaboration between bischoff and himself to get power back.

I was reading the Google Reallife Tweet thing when Chyna debut just to see peoples reaction and one tweet from some random dude said something like:

"So Mick Foley brings back Chyna, shouldnt that make him a heel? TNA doesnt even try."

Personally, I dont understand why it would make him a heel but it would appear that atleast ONE person thinks he should be a heel so I dont know but TNA was a great show tonight...to be honest it didnt even need Mick or Chyna but hey whatever floats the networks boat.

Foley is probably the better option for this role. He can still cut an entertaining promo, and he usually does well with the authority figure role. It's painful to watch Foley destroy his body the way he does, and he is getting older, so I hope he can stay away from the ring for a while. I can remember cringing during that brutal street fight he had with Ric Flair not too long ago. Foley has had many extreme and painful matches in his career, and continuing down this viscous path can't be a good thing for him.

Although, Foley is a representative for The Network. Foley being revealed as the representative should only be the tip of the iceberg, and there should be a bigger mystery behind this entire storyline.

I don't think it was one of Mick's finer promos. Infact, I think I heard about them having to retape it straight after doing it the first time. Which would explain why I could hear an insane amount of cheering, when the crowd looked dead.

ill be honest, at least mick foley being in charge, we might get something good from it, but i am disappointed to see that they are using chyna. wwe created her, now tna is using washed up talent once again. wish they would use their own talent. glad to see mick in charge though, hope he makes tna better.

I don't think it was one of Mick's finer promos. Infact, I think I heard about them having to retape it straight after doing it the first time. Which would explain why I could hear an insane amount of cheering, when the crowd looked dead.

Yep there was a report that they taped the segment twice. Sad. TNA continues to shoot itself in the foot and keeps bringing in addicts to work PPVs. (Chyna)

Mick Foley returning was a cool moment. The promo, crowd reaction, everything about this moment was cool. However, it was no suprise. Mick Foley has always been someone to fall back on for TNA. Although he plays a great manager type role, I was expecting (more like wanting) someone a little bigger. Mick Foley is still great don't get me wrong, but he's old news and doesn't necessarily draw people in anymore. He can still cut a pretty good promo and I believe that may have been the main reason he was brought back and I actually think it's a great route for TNA to go in terms of rebranding itself. TNA is growing right before our eyes. Hopefully, they're serious on this rebranding. They'll need to keep up the good work and keep putting on entertaining shows like this week's iMPACT!.

Thank the Lord it wasn't Dixie Carter. Really, that's the only thing I feared. Mick is a cool choice. He's always been good on authority. But what the hell are they gonna do with all these authority figures? Right now we rank in a total of 3. Is this gonna eventually lead us to some sort truce where a second show is made and they split their authority? Minus some pretend draft extension, of course. If that draft is nowhere in sight, I would be down for a second show with Foley as it's lead figure in order to give some equality. I liked the "network rep" angle, but now that it isn't a mystery they're gonna want a firm role for Foley or Hogan. Unless Hogan get's planted on the announce booth or as a manager, I can't see what else is he gonna do.

Thank the Lord it wasn't Dixie Carter. Really, that's the only thing I feared. Mick is a cool choice. He's always been good on authority. But what the hell are they gonna do with all these authority figures? Right now we rank in a total of 3. Is this gonna eventually lead us to some sort truce where a second show is made and they split their authority? Minus some pretend draft extension, of course. If that draft is nowhere in sight, I would be down for a second show with Foley as it's lead figure in order to give some equality. I liked the "network rep" angle, but now that it isn't a mystery they're gonna want a firm role for Foley or Hogan. Unless Hogan get's planted on the announce booth or as a manager, I can't see what else is he gonna do.
I think that this feud will end with Foley "firing" Hogan, Bischoff and Flair. That would be cool. We don't need them on TV all the time anyhow, and what role are they going to have once Immortal is done? They can't be faces and they'll have no on-air role, except for Flair. Flair can always manage somebody or something. I think it would be best if Bischoff and Hogan got fired in the end (kayfabe), the company was handed back to Dixie and they moved on to working backstage with little to no exposure on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back