• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Most Useless Title In WWE

RT

Do A Barrel Roll
I would have to say the Diva's title. I find this title being a complete copy of the Womens Championship and in my mind is just not needed. In my mind i would have all the Diva's compete on Raw so they could all battle for the original title the Womens Championship. I mean when you look who has held the Women's title that makes the belt way more prestigious. In my mind the Diva's Title is a cheap knock off for the lower Diva's to compete for. The only skilled diva's that are competing for the title is the same people Eve and Alisha Fox. If the WWE put all the diva's competing for 1 title it would make the diva's divison a little more exciting because then you don't have the same 2 diva's battling each other week after week.

So in my mind the Diva's championship is the most useless in the WWE. I think that all diva's should be put on RAW and only battle for 1 title. This way they could mix it up a little bit not having the same 2 superstars competing for the same title week after week. What Do You Think?

Yep, the Divas title is a complete waste. Not only is the original womens title boring enough. Now we have some overkill added to the mix. The title looks silly, with that butterfly design, who's supposed to be fighting for that title? 8 year old girls?

Everytime I see that title on tv I quickly change the channel, because I know Im going to get bored to death and maybe even fall asleep.

I guess the excuse for having that lame ass title is the brand names. One for Raw and one for Smackdown. Other than that, I dont see a point for it.

The Diva's title is far and away the most useless prop (can't even call it a title, really), but it's also a womens' divsion championship, so it's quite irrelevant already.

While it's obviously the worst, for the purposes of this thread I'd rather discuss the mens titles, which actually mean something. Of the mens titles, I'd say the single most useless is the US title, which is rarely contested for, and even more rarely cared about. Right now, it's an over-sized belt buckle for the Miz to wear, that'll eventually allow him to give it back to R-Truth who will continue to wear it proudly while hardly mattering.

I would have to say all of them, except for the World Heavyweight Title and WWE Title. The rest are hardly defended. Now, the Tag Titles are starting to be defended more, and the Harts and Usos seem to have a good run going. Now, if I have to choose, the Divas title would be the worse. Maryse is the cream of the crop, and that is not saying much. The Women's title runs a close second. Michelle McCool does not have the title because she just got married, and is devoting more time to that, but it will be a short time before she gets it back. Layla as a champ is more of a joke than Santino's IC run.

The womens' titles don't seem to mean as much anymore because they aren't given the time on the broadcasts that they deserve. Hey, at least they had a somewhat interesting story with Lay-Cool against Mickie James.

And I will never forget the original Trish Stratus - Mickie James feud when James first came to WWE. I remember tuning into RAW week after week mainly for that story. Obviously, WWE was doing something right.

Currently, the Diva's title is the worst simply because who you have competing for it. Eve Torres and Alicia Fox are not experienced wrestlers. Gail Kim is on RAW and they've yet to let her have the title. I don't know if it's because she's still being punished for going to TNA, but she deserves another run.

It also doesn't help that the two best divas (Phoenix and Melina) right now are out with injuries.

I would give the belt to Natalya and have her and Tamina fight over it. Hart Dynasty vs. Usos is a great feud.

All the of the WWE titles serve a purpose other than the Diva's Championship. All of them excluding the Diva's Title have a great heritage. They also have great contenders for the title.

However, if I were to follow IDR's idea and pick a men's title, I would agree with him on the US Championship. Currently it isn't being contested because of the Money in the Bank briefcase weighing The Miz down. And previously it wasn't because of the Unified Tag Team Championship belts he had to carry around. This fluctuates, however. When The Miz drops the title, it may become relevant and the Intercontinental Championship may become useless. The only ones which will never be useless are the Women's, Tag Team and both World championships.

In terms of mens titles, i'm gonna have to say that one of the sets of tag titles is a waste, just simply give the champs some new looking gold instead like they did with the undisputed, just one set of tag title belts are fine, unless they shift them back onto seperate brands again, doubt it though, not enough teams around

As for a generally most useless title it's by far the diva's title, it was really never worth it when it was introduced, a far better idea would be to make the womans title cross branded

Divas Title = Waste of time and money

the million dollar championship is the most useless, only dibiase wears it and it is never defended. he shouldn't even carry it around since it will never be defended. By letting him just carry the belt is dumb! Imagine if every wrestler had their own prop title like chavo having a belt shaped like a taco or r truth having a microphone belt, etc... but the point is if every wrestler were to carry a gimmick belt, that would render all titles useless. give the title back to your pops teddy!!!

the million dollar championship is the most useless, only dibiase wears it and it is never defended. he shouldn't even carry it around since it will never be defended. By letting him just carry the belt is dumb! Imagine if every wrestler had their own prop title like chavo having a belt shaped like a taco or r truth having a microphone belt, etc... but the point is if every wrestler were to carry a gimmick belt, that would render all titles useless. give the title back to your pops teddy!!!

It isn't dumb. It's his gimmick. Sure not the best one in the world, but every wrestler DOESN'T have a prop, and it's what makes his character unique compared to the other guys on Raw right now. And on top of that the title has a history. It's not useless, it's his character, and the Diva's championship is far more useless than the Million Dollar Championship.

The Diva's championship is more useless than the Million Dollar belt because well the Diva's title is an official WWE title belt, the Million Dollar belt is not. It's just a prop Ted uses to show how "rich" he is and nothing more. The Diva's title isn't necessary because their woman's division can hardly handle one title let alone two. It's simply a joke in the eye's of many fans and it will continue to be so. Just look at the atrocious "butterfly" design and even look through the list of champions, and even the current champion. They yell out loud how much of a useless joke the Diva's title is. The WWE's women's division is very weak, weak to the point where one title was more than enough. But then they give us two brand exclusive titles for whatever reason. Maybe they should unify both belts and make it so that whoever is champion can defend on any brand, like the tag team titles. I am sure that would work out much better than what they are doing now.

I agree with the Divas title being the most useless, the belt looks as if it should be called the "Hello Kitty" world title, or perhaps the "my little pony" world title.

there's only a couple Divas with any actual ring skills, why not just unify them like the tag belts?

You have a point there. I was going to say that the Diva's Championship was the least meaningful until you said the Million Dollar Championship. DeBiase only uses it because his father had it made. It's not an official Championship, just some bling bling to show off every single week.

I would have to say the Divas Championship. Only because all the other titles are necessary. You just can't get rid of the tag team titles no matter how lackluster or small the division is. I don't mind the two divas division, even though I think having one champion that could maybe wrestle on both brands would be a better idea. Like, go the way of the Unified Tag Team Titles, and have one champion. It would sure give us some better feuds as both the Smackdown and Raw divas could face off, but not get out of hand because only the champion can switch brands. But I know the divas aren't expected to have as crazy and versatile travel schedule as the superstars, and they're usually just expected to show up on their brand, do their thing, and then look good. I don't think it's going to happen, but I wouldn't mind.

I think having two sets of tag belts is useless. I don't know if that's a good answer though. It just looks stupid when they walk down with both belts. Let's face it, those title designs have been around forever, and it wouldn't hurt them to release and new version of the Tag Team titles.

Leave the Diva's title alone. Women shouldn't win the man titles, so should they just wrestle and not have a title? No. To me, if anything, there should only be ONE belt of any kind. One WWE Title, One set of tag titles and so on. I have never liked the brand shows. I feel WWE ratings would go up on both Raw and Smackdown if ALL of our favorite superstars were on both shows.

So the rival titles on each show are the worthless ones to me.

The Divas's Title is the worst because they already had the woman's championship they didn't need another one, like 1/2 the people that watch the diva's are probably just watching to see if there will be boob slips or anything like that so they had the woman's title they didn't need another one!!

I personally believe that having two different world titles in the WWE is stupid. If they were to bring back the undisputed championship and have the champion be able to go back and forth between both brands. It would freshen things up.

I totally agree with montybrown. The Diva's title is just the Raw women's title, and for me, it's just a potty break. When I do watch the Diva's title matches on Raw, I just watch for the eye candy. That's all the divas really are. Eye candy.

The Diva's Championship. There is no point in even having it, they already have the Women's Championship. The Diva's Belt is ugly, and that design is just stupid... a butterfly... Plus, the belt is never defended in a decent diva's match, it's always a dirty finish or some rolllup pin or something. I honestly think that it is such a worthless belt.

I agree with the Divas title being the most useless, the belt looks as if it should be called the "Hello Kitty" world title, or perhaps the "my little pony" world title.

Love that and I couldn't agree more. I have to agree with most everyone else though and go with the Diva titles not just the butterfly belt but both of them. Not that I don't think women can put on a good match or anything, but because right now WWE seems to not have athletes that are attractive (Melina, Lita, Trish, Mickie, hell even Richter) but rather models trying to wrestle. What we get for this are matches that are a botchfest with missed moves over and over (to me nothing looks worse than a missed spot and the wrestler that was supposed to get knocked down looking around lost and then trying to set up the move again, usually with a few pathetic looking kicks or punches or elbows). We also get, wait for it.....bikini contests to determine the #1 contender or whatever. Its just completely ridiculous right now and I'd like to see the division revamped. I mean are you serious? is Jillian still running around with that ******ed microphone clipped to her ear?

Outside of the Divas title though I'd have to go with the US title. I never know from one week to the next who has it around their waist and then suddenly there's a fatal 4,5,6,12-way match to determine the #1 contender for it. It's like the WWE forgets about it then decides to devote 20 minutes of every Raw for 3 weeks to it.

Hands-Down the Diva's Belt. First of all, it looks ridiculous with that stupid butterfly shape. Plus it's just a cheap knock-off of the Women's Championship. There just aren't enough talented Diva's to have two girls belts' and since the Women's Belt has been around longer and has much more meaning, than the Diva's Belt should go.

Let's look at who we have in the Diva's Championship picture....

Alicia Fox
Eve
Maryse (partially because of her current storyline with Ted Dibiase)
Melina (when she returns ; unless she teams with JoMo)

Gail Kim should be in the title picture but WWE isn't pushing her enough because she has great talent.

Natalya and Tamina are busy with the Uso vs Hart fued going on with their families but when they join the female wrestling picture than they are shoe-ins for the belt.

So basically we have the same two Diva's fighting over the belt all the time. It's a completely pointless belt to have. Now let's look at who would be in the title picture if we ditched the Diva's Belt....

Michelle McCool
Layla
Kelly Kelly
Beth Phoenix (when she returns)
Alicia Fox
Eve

Possibilities :
Melina
Maryse
Tiffany
Gail Kim
Natayla
Tamina
Serena

Now we have many more possibilities for Diva fueds.

So basically I'm trying to say that the Diva's belt is pointless and barely gets any TV Time anyway. IMO it shouldn't even be a belt anymore.

I'm conflicted. I think the Diva's title is pointless, but then I think the TWO sets of Tag Titles are useless. Unify them and get a new belt designed. When you have a thriving Tag division again, re-introduce a set of belts if you feel it necessary. Personally, I'd like to see all tag teams, all divas and all current champions be able to cross over shows. Not every week, but now and then to keep things moving and fresh. Imagine Sheamus has the belt, let him start a 5 or 6 week program with Big Show and they can alternate shows. It would certainly bring the viewers to Smackdown and vice-versa.

Back to the original point however. The Diva's championship should be called "My First Championship by Playskool". It's ridiculous looking. Perhaps they modeled it after feminine sanitary napkin labels or something, but it's UG-LEE.

If anything let the women's division build and nurture it so it's taken somewhat seriously, and you can tinker with the idea of a women's championship, women's mid-card title and women's tag team titles. But then, you'd have to have a promoter that thought the women were there to wrestle, not provide pre-teens something to have wet dreams about.

The womens' titles don't seem to mean as much anymore because they aren't given the time on the broadcasts that they deserve. Hey, at least they had a somewhat interesting story with Lay-Cool against Mickie James.

And I will never forget the original Trish Stratus - Mickie James feud when James first came to WWE. I remember tuning into RAW week after week mainly for that story. Obviously, WWE was doing something right.

Currently, the Diva's title is the worst simply because who you have competing for it. Eve Torres and Alicia Fox are not experienced wrestlers. Gail Kim is on RAW and they've yet to let her have the title. I don't know if it's because she's still being punished for going to TNA, but she deserves another run.

It also doesn't help that the two best divas (Phoenix and Melina) right now are out with injuries.

I would give the belt to Natalya and have her and Tamina fight over it. Hart Dynasty vs. Usos is a great feud.

The Mickie vs Trish feud was def the best (or at least my fav!) but they need to really have these titles minimized some like take away the divas title, the U.S, and the extra tag titles. Bring back the cruiserweight title. And seperate for the brands like WWE title, Intercontinental, Tag titles on one brand like Raw 9since the divas stink on that brand and are more for show, then have the World Heavyweight title, women's title and crusierweight title on Smackdown. (or sometime of variation like this, it's better than all these repeats titles.)

I really wish they devoted more time for good diva feuds!!!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Trish or Lita in matches but nowadays the womens wrestling in WWE is so bad I take a snack/shower/baseball game break from RAW when they're fighting. It's so stupid and so bad. I can't even pay attention to it. They're hot as hell, yeah, but that doesn't mean I care to see them wrestle.

I really believe they added the Diva's title that way the divas on the other brand would have a reason to wrestle, bc with WWE being PG now they have to dump all the sexual wrestling/content (mud, contests, danceoffs) a lot of sexual references and a lot of the relationships to go into a deep angle. Leaving nothing but the champion belts to be the only thing really left. But I agree with the divas not being atheltic at all. I try really hard to like some of them but they stink, I don't like these inexperienced divas winning the championship! Eve needs to wrestle with Mickie if she ever returns or Melina or Michelle McCool, Something!!! Please I need them to put on a good match.

The butterfly diva's title is pretty worthless along with the two women's titles. Not to mention the two sets of unified tag title belts. The belts have been unified for years now, get only one set of belts already! People say The Miz has elevated the U.S title, but considering he hasn't defended it against anyone except R Truth for months is pretty lame. I honestly think the worthless TNA Global title has been defended more times then the US title.

Anyway, there is no need for two sets of women's titles along with the divas title. There is also no need for two sets of tag title belts. As far as the WWE championship design, there is no need to have the spinner belt either. Even John Cena doesn't like the design of the WWE spinner belt any more. Granted it doesn't spin, but it still has the ghetto bling design on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back