• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The more I think about this...

JohnJohnson

aka JuanJuanson
..the more I think this whole Punk Angle is a big work. Especially judging by the "anonymous" letter that got out criticizing Punk. It seems as if WWE wanted that to get out, because this sort of thing doesn't normally happen. Especially at the end, where they criticize HHH on having all his friends appear on TV.

I think what this leads up to is that McMahon vs Triple H feud that everyone was talking about and have seemingly forgotten. I think they will sell it as CM Punk's problem is not with Vince or the WWE itself, it's with the new HHH led WWE. So Vince accompanies Punk to ringside.

I for one hope it is a shoot and Punk did walk out. I'm just tired of him. But I saw someone mention earlier that they think it is a shoot turned work. So maybe he actually walked out and then now they are working a deal to get him to stay his contract by turning this story into a work. If that's the case, then I'd love to see it with Triple H and CM Punk having a decent match, with Vince coming in and giving CM Punk a low blow. Then CM Punk goes down to a single pedigree. Then they just keep Punk off of TV for the remainder of the contract and Vince comes out and bashes the man for leaving, for always trying to take the company hostage to meet demands, and for turning his back on the paying fans.

I don't know that Punk leaving is a work so much as the letters are. It probably ties into The Miz and Ziggler's tag team.

It's all leading to the night after Wrestlemania when Daniel Bryan, after successfully defending the WWE Championship with help from CM Punk to fend off The Authority, celebrates with Punk in the ring and Punk kicks in them head and GTSs him because Punk is jealous of Bryan.

It's all leading to the night after Wrestlemania when Daniel Bryan, after successfully defending the WWE Championship with help from CM Punk to fend off The Authority, celebrates with Punk in the ring and Punk kicks in them head and GTSs him because Punk is jealous of Bryan.

If that's going to be the case, then I say don't have him help Bryan at Mania. Keep him off TV until the night after Mania. Missing Mania will make people really think he's gone. Then when Bryan is in the ring, hit Punk's music. Bryan can cut a promo about Punk walking out on the people, and Punk can tell us once again how great he is. I'd like this feud actually.

I have thought since day one that this was all a work, and I still believe that to be the case. Either a totally orchestrated work, or at the very least, a hissy fit departure which has some legitimacy but will quickly be incorporated into a storyline. Most likely the former.

I can see Punk sitting at home a couple months ago brainstorming about his up coming Wrestlemania angle, and how to make it as big as possible. Remember... Hes coming off last years Mania angle with Taker...which is about as big as it gets. How do you top that? By going back to what made you a star in the first place....the walkout angle. Only this time REALLY make it seem like a shoot and be gone for alot longer to justify it.

Couple that with the HHH/authority angle and you have a really good chance of this being a work and a great story heading into the biggest show of the year.

Or maybe thats just wishful thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back