• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz = What Mr. Kennedy Was

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now I started thinking about this when I heard Miz's new theme with the AWESOME intro and right when I heard that AWESOME, I thought KENNEDY and since then have been comparing the two and noticed that there gimmicks are not too different.

The Miz

• First Singles title US. Title
    Best known for Mic Skills, not in ring ability
    Loud Talking gimmick
    could win MITB ???

Mr. Kennedy

• First title US. Title
    Best known for Mic Skills, not in ring ability
    Loud Talking gimmick.
    Won his first MITB

The Difference is that Mr.Kennedy got pushed way faster and was never that over as a heel and the same could be said about his face turn, whereas Miz is over as heel and who knows what a face turn could do to him.

In ring wise , I can't remember much about there in ring skills but the Skull Crushing Finale and Mic Check have that trip and face smash similarity but that is all I can remember.

I personally like Kennedy better but Miz I guess isn't a screw up , what I mean is that Kennedy could have been a 3 time World Champ by now but screwed up every opportunity by getting injured or botching.

Now decide is the Miz going through the career path that was meant for Kennedy?

Also a random question : Who had the better mic skills our of the two?

No. I think Kennedy's path was going to be bigger. Remember, Kennedy was feuding with The Undertaker,Shawn Michaels,Batista(when he was World Heavyweight Champion) and while I don't like Bobby Lashley, he was pretty big while in WWE, so I guess I'll have to throw him in there to. Let's not forget his MITB you mentioned that happened at Wrestlemania 23 also. He also returned in a big way most recently when WWE had that whole Lakers/Nuggets fiasco going on, and it seemed as if he was on his way to a feud with then WWE champion Randy Orton.

Miz had his "test" feud with Cena, and is having a nice reign as US champ. He will get into the main event scene and move on to bigger feuds, but just not now. We'll have to wait a little while. When you try and compare the two paths, Kennedy's was surely bigger. I really don't think it's even close, but as we all know that was cut short by injuries and his release.

AS far as the mic skills go, I'll have to give it to the Miz. The thing about Kennedy is, he has a GREAT voice, but other than he really doesn't bring anything to the table when cutting promos. The only thing the crowd is really able to get into is when he says,"MR. Kennedy....Kennedy!" but of course now it's Mr.Anderson. While, Miz on the other hand does have a nice flow to his promos, and he just has that cocky douche bag persona that's able to get him heat from a live crowd.

HHHKing -

I'm a cocky, arrogant douchebag who is smarter than EVERYONE else (seriously, read my old posts.) So take this as a compliment....

I couldn't have written your post any better. You hit it on the head, in my book. Mr. Kennedy was bigger than the Miz currently is before screwing up. The Miz should eventually get there, but there's no way he's receiving the push that was meant for Kennedy. Miz still has ground to cover before getting to where Kennedy was at his peak in WWE.

You're also right that Miz was the better talker. I've said it 100 times. I can't think of one memorably comment Kennedy ever made besides his "Mr. Kennedy... Kennedy" catch phrase. Great voice. Nice little catch phrase. Completely forgettable otherwise.

I prefer Miz to Kennedy. Kennedy could never get any momentum going. Every time he did, he'd get hurt and sit out for months or botch a match and nearly hurt a top guy. Miz may not be as flashy as Kennedy was, but he can have good matches and is solid on the mic. His promo with MVP was stellar. I think Miz will wind up being more successful than Kennedy would have been. Outside of Kennedy's "MIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEER KENNEDY!" line he got almost no reaction from crowds.

Difference between the two is that Kennedy constantly fucked up, yet the Miz just keeps getting better. The mic work of the Miz is FAR better than Ken's, and at the end of the day, Kennedy was pushed far too quickly, the crowds weren't that into him and his face turn was pretty dire.

Miz plays the cocky, arrogant heel so well IMO and while I think WWE dropped the ball with his fued with Cena, in that Miz could have either fluked/cheated a win, or come really close to winning only to lose, he is still going to be big.

The only problem he has is that he isn't that big, and his in ring style isn't that flashy, but hopefully his mic work alone will get him into the ME spot, ad maybe a MITB win.
As for Kennedy... he can stew in TNA.

I think MIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSTTTEEEERRRRRRRR KENNEDY.....Kennedy was was way bigger than the miz and could've been world champion but botched alot of moves and got injured alot. But sooner or later the MIZ will get up to his level he's already got mic skills to me he does pretty good in the ring and could in the future be in mainevent mode like MISTER KENNEDY.....KENNEDY and fued with the likes of HBK and other big names and he could be like MISTER KENNEDY....KENNEDY was just not yet. Maybe he could win Money In The Bank and then he could be what MISTER KENNEDY..... KENNEDY (I love doing that) was.

Kennedy is flash. Big voice, big mouth. That "MR. KENNEDY .....KENNEDY!" intro is what hooked everyone. I'm not dissin the guy, I'm actually a fan but it is what it is. I think we all know, or think we do, that Kennedy would have been WHC at least once, probably twice by now. He was given the push and if not for injurys and such he'd be around the ME today. Sadly this is not to be.

Miz I think is better and here's why. Miz started out from Tough Enough. I hated this guy. Worthless was my name for him. Glad I was totaly wrong about that.

The Miz has since upped his game 1000 fold. He's great on the mic and not only for a catch phrase. He's gotten so much better thus far on the mic from when we first saw him. Wrestling wise he's average, but that's not giving him due credit. When he first came on the scene he was the shits, I said I hated this guy right? Wow, what an improvement. Miz is finding his style while having one all his own. The jump in his proficiency (spelling fckd i know) has got to be the greatest of any guy on the roster for hire date to now. Please don't argue that he's not ME yet and blah blah blah. I'm not saying he's the best on the roster, lord knows he aint. However, he's the most improved, IMO. Miz has also been INJURY FREE for the most part. That gets you huge marks. being able to make the next tv or ppv is key to me giving a crap about you. I'm intoxicated so I'll end this before I go on and on. Hope it made some kinda sense

Kennedy was never over as a heel or face??? What?! Look, I understand that Raw is so horrible that people are resorting to liking Miz but let's not get too delusional. Kennedy is better than The Miz on the mic. From what I can remember the only quote Miz says is "I'm The Miz and I'm awesome!". His Skull Crushing Finale is terrible and he talks about the same thing every weak. Really, how awesome is he???

Kennedy was good, but The Miz is great. The Miz has come a long way from Tough Enough where he was just kicked around and made a fool of. He's been a dominant tag team champion and former reality star. His mic skills just seem to get better and better and he draws heat so well. His ring work has come along, and I believe he's better in the ring than Kennedy. Kennedy was just injury prone and he could've been brilliant, but it's over for him, and The Miz has his spot now, and it's a bright future for him.

His finisher needs to be changed. It's weak and doesn't look effective at all.

They may have some similarities, but I completely disagree that the two are the same.

I can't say enough good things about The Miz, and I'll mark out for him throughout his whole career. I am a loyal longtime Real World/Road Rules watcher and he was always one of the most popular and charismatic cast members on that show. He was calling himself The Miz on that show many years ago and his gimmick is really himself....turned way, way up. Jim Ross says all the time in his blog that's what wrestlers need to be and do. Vince did not come up with any of this, nor did creative.

The Miz has incredible mic/promo skills. He has plenty of experience being in front of a camera. He can work with anyone and make them better/more relevant. He has the drive and the potential to be up there with the very elite in the business. He's in it for all the right reasons. His in-ring work is better than many and he's just going to continue and be elevated even more. The sky is the limit for him and already is, no matter how the office pushes/uses him, one of the very best in WWE.

I can't say any of that for Mr. whoever and haven't bought into anything he's ever done. Ever. He's a one trick pony at best (not even a great trick at that). His time in TNA will be even more forgettable than his WWE run, he'll need the office to figure out what to do with him (they won't), and he'll be buried in no time. He's a total bust.

Not even Close to what Mr...........................Anderson was in WWE..Miz has held gold for more than 2 weeks where Kennedy held on to it for what? yeah 2 weeks before he got beat by ???? yeah the family killer Chris Benoit...I'm not calling him the crippler..or the wolverine..cuz that is not cool to Michigan or Ray stevens ik some of you are like who is ray stevens? he was a tag champs with pat tap an ass patterson back in the 70's but you candy closet fans wouldn't know that stuff cuz you just opened up about 2005 and started watching wrestling again maybe you did when doink the clown was wrestling but that don't impress me much you prolly love the Warrior too I'm gonna go take a big steamy Bret Hart see ya round...Mizfits.

...what the fuck did you just say?

and No, The Miz is not the next Mr. Kennedy, nor is he recieving the Kennedy push. Kennedy was pushed hard and fast into the main event and facing The Undertaker in gimmick matches (and puttung up a fight, although being inevitably defeated), winning MitB... wheras The Miz has had a much more gradual push. He's not fighting main eventers or cutting a forgettable promo and saying his last name twise. He's cutting memorable promos and facing midcarders and elevating both parties with his abilities.

Well, I can see where you are coming from, I can understand it, but I just don't agree 100%. If you compare the two from the start of their WWE careers, it was pretty obvious who received the better push and who would receive the better push.

After losing Tough Enough, WWE decided to give Mike Mizanin a contract. When he debuted, little people cared like I did. He got a couple of wins here and there, but he didn't really get moderate notice until he was drafted to ECW, and become the "Chick Magnet". Mr. Kennedy had a different approach. He was immediately giving mic time, already started a "feud" with Tony Chimel, and was able to defeat 7 former World Champions in just a matter of months. Mr. Kennedy looked to have a much brighter future from the start, The Miz didn't... people did not take him very seriously. Notably, JBL, in character and personally.

The Miz was getting and is getting a more gradual push, whereas Mr. Kennedy was given big pushes covering a big chunk of time. The Miz is a 2-time Tag Team Champion and the current United States Champion. Mr. Kennedy won the United States Championship and the Money in the Bank. A gradual push is usually better than a push that occurs too soon... or too late.

They have similar loudmouth personalities... I'll give to that. They had the same kind of mannerisms. While, they have great mic skills, I think that Kennedy had the edge in the ring over The Miz. Kennedy, I looked forward to his promos and his matches, with The Miz, I only like when he talks.

So, I can see the similarities between The Miz and Mr. Kennedy. However, when it comes to their pushes, they were quite different. Had in not been for drug use, botches, and injuries, Kennedy could have been a multiple time World Champion by now. Now, The Miz is at the top of the mid-card scene in the WWE, in my opinion. Since, he doesn't have a problem with drugs or backstage or anything, maybe his push will be bigger than Kennedy's would have ever been. Who knows?

Kennedy has a lot more swagger and charisma in my books. He interacts with the fans better, he improvs better.. and overall he has a better gimmick.

Miz is pretty good on the mic for sure, but it often comes off like he's reading a script rather then going from the heart at the time and he plays a rather generic arrogant mid 20s guy that is all over the roster.

I think another big difference is Kennedy has the look of a champ as well, while I can't really see Miz as a great champ in his current attire and look.

I think in many ways The Miz is getting the push that Kennedy got, but without the same mistakes. Kennedy was pushed so fast that when he got injured, the momentum was gone, and there was nothing underlying it that was left so he had to start again. The Miz's build has been much better, and unlike Kennedy, the build has been much slower, and as a result much firmer. The Miz might win MITB, but if he does, don't expect a cash in until at least November.

Miz has had much better promos then Kennedy. Kennedy was good, but Miz is much better then Kennedy. Miz does have his catchphrase, but Kennedy's promos were all about the same. You then have Miz on the other hand, who has had great promos. I loved the one about Ben Roethlisberger "I've been awesome my whole life, you were two Sunday's of your life," and the one's he's been cutting lately about MVP have been great.

I don't know, part of me is biased as well. Miz had to start off as Divas search contestant, and would always be made fun of by JBL & DX. Everyone expected him to be cut, but he worked his way up through ECW with Morrison. You then have Kennedy who was pushed right away, and had everything handed to him almost.

Kennedy screwed up every chance and they still put him in programs with top stars.

Miz on the other hand is doing everything he can right and is still feuding in the mid card.

That alone tells you they had bigger plans for Kennedy than the Miz.

The Miz needs 10+ minutes to talk to the crowd to draw heat (He gets several segments every week)

Kennedy only got a segments every so often and X amount of time and drew heat.

Miz needs to insult the crowd to draw heat and say "IM BETTER THAN YOU"

Kennedy just had to say "MR KENNEDY" and the crowd was all over him.

Big difference... Miz fans I guess don't see that.

i can't stand the Miz. i refuse to watch when he comes out. he's not gonna be part of my life. wwe forcing the wrong people down our throats. the miz, Shaumus, jack swagger, JBL a few years back, mvp, lashley, kofi, mr kennedy before he left, batista, carleto, etc. i ALWAYS change the channel when these slugs come out, i'm not gonna partake in them being pushed down my throat, they don't belong & they need to go. my opinion

wwe now days is pretty bad really...

People either have it or they dont.

When Cena came into the WWE, you knew he was going to be a star.

Miz will be like Shelton Benjamin and at best, Jericho, who is still kind of an upper mid card guy who sees flashes of the main event scene every so often.

Miz being like Shelton I can see, but Jericho-no way. Miz will never win superstar of the year, and will be world champion once at the most, and that's only if he gets a somewhat lucky break like Sheamus did.

Mr. Kennedy definitely had a world title run in his future. The Miz...kinda shady in that area.

yea, Cena has it. he may not be a really talented wreslter, but he really belongs. major charisma, great on the mic. Jericho has it too, just barely. his act now days is kinda boring(he's all serious & bitter instead of funny & natual), but his wrestling ability is great, & for 1998 alone he's a legend. "come on Ralphus". the guys i named don't have it, & they're forcing it, i can't stands that. just flush those turds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back