• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz is the new Intercontinental Champion

The Miz is everything wrong with how a character should look in the WWE.

He took a unique style and attire when he first broke into WWE and turned himself into another nasty trunk monkey. I cannot understand why guys want to wear everything else except pants. They'll wear a jacket, a shirt to sell merch, boots, extra props, you name it but most of them are reluctant to wear pants.

At least Christian did, and on top of that, is a great wrestler.

Your mention of pants reminds me: I hate when wrestlers who don't wrestle on the card don't wear street clothes. Every wrestler has a style, and that style goes beyond just what they wear in the ring. But, like, if you show up to the arena and don't wrestle, what are you walking around in boots and knee pads for?

(I do realize that dark matches are the reason for this. But I would wager that 90% of the time, segments where a guy should be in street clothes happen early enough in the broadcast that the wrestler could change in time for the dark match.)

I'm happy the Miz won the IC belt. I really like Christian but Miz needs it more at this point. Remember not long ago, there were reports that WWE wanted to push Miz again as a top heel. So I'm wondering if this will get us back to the old days of the IC champ challenging for the WWE title. I really think it would bring interest back to the IC belt, if Miz is in the title picture. It will show that the IC champ is legit and is not admitting he's a lower quality champion.

Miz can feud with with guys over the IC belt and then find his way into the WWE title picture with the IC belt. This used to happen and needs to happen again.

I've never, ever truly seen the Miz as a face and I got sick and tired of his heel run and it was always in relation to Michael Cole's heel character.. (seriously, why do announcers need to be face or heel?) It gets hold, the announcers shouldn't tell us what their opinions are.. And really, the Miz just got a little bit unstable as a heel, I liked his rebellious sort of nature with R-Truth and honestly, I thought they would win the tag team title belts and hold onto them for a very long time, I thought he would turn face during this era, but it didn't happen, I want to see the Miz as a face as bad as I want to see Cena as a heel..

Miz is also good on the mic (he's acting now) It was a damn cheesy movie, but this will help him even more.. I hope he stays in the spotlight, but he needs to put his gimmicks to their full potential, I believe he can be as good as the Rock, he's got the right gimmicks for it and I can see him reaching that status very easily, one of the things holding him back though was his very, very long heel character, but he would have to turn face in order for us to this and I believe we will.. His next WWE Championship reign would probably should be a clean one if he gets another opportunity..

I do like his new looks as well, he somewhat reminds me of Edge now, even the way he wrestles, he somewhat reminded me of Edge, coming out wearing that jacket and the way he was posing.. He definitely bulked up some as well..

Bleh. Meh. Flargh. Just some of the noises I made after Miz won the title. It was basically a succession of damp farts seeping out of my mouth. Fitting, really.

Outside of an awkward teenage period - I think it was around the time I was listening to Linkin Park, cutting myself and *********ing hourly - I've never really liked The Miz. I've always liked Christian. You can see how I'm conflicted.

It's not hugely important. I'd resigned myself to the fact that Christian was never gonna get near a big prize ever again and Miz will probably be main event fodder once more in a few months. I just liked that Christian had something which would help him get on a card.

nasty trunk monkey.

That's what I call my dick.

Why is it that I'm suddenly liking Miz a little more now that he no longer has a faux-hawk??? Boggles the mind. I'm not a fan of either man, and maybe Christian was a tranistional champion to get the IC belt off the heel Cody onto the heel Miz?

When Cody lost the belt to Christian, I thought he would now move onto Sheamus, but that hasn't happened yet... I'm thinking will Christian now move onto the heel CM Punk for some solid tv matches, but it might be just like Cody and he'll sit around in the mid-card until called upon...

Miz needs a title right now because he was quickly becoming an after thought. WWE missed the boat to make him a big time player again with him being the one to help win the GM'Ship for Johnny Ace. Hopefully all the time and eneregy they put into Miz isn't a waste now that he ahs a title back around his waist.

The title needed to change hands because Christian isn't capable of capturing an audiance. During the match between Christian and Miz, the show lost 900,000 viewers. That shows Chsitian's value as an in ring performer. Christian is an over rated mid card performer that should never hold another WWE championship.

I think IC is the right place for Miz. I don't hate the guy. I just didn't think he'd quite worked his way up to WWE Championship when they put the strap on him, and I took issue with that. While I'd rather Christian have kept the strap, there are definitely worse people that could be holding it than Miz.

I think it is better on Miz than Christian. Christian is not really that over and his feud with Cody Rhodes is the epitome of lackluster, two boring and generic guys=bad TV. Miz on the other hand is over and seems like a tougher competitor than Christian who acts like he gets an injury in every match and let's face it is getting older and slower. Miz can actually get a crowd to do more than clap, can get viewers, and looks and acts like a believeable champion. I never believed Christian coul get the IC title again let alone the WHC. Miz seems to be the right guys to bring this title up to speed. I mean, IMO the X-Division title in TNA is more prestigious. Perhaps, may even defend his title more than once every month, yes I know it would be huge shocker if that happened like, "OMG the IC title is actually going to be defended!" It does sound strange, but maybe Miz could defend it more often.

Also: It does sound like I'm bitching about the title, but thats only because it used to be exciting and used to be my favorite title. It used to have prestige, but now it just seems like its not even there anymore.

Being a Mizfit, i'm obviously very happy to see Miz carrying championship gold once more.

I think he will help bring the IC title back to some form of glory, and I think it all started with the way he celebrated, and the emotion he showed when winning it.

With a heel midcard champion, I hope he does defend it at least at every PPV, and goes on a long long run with it.

I would love to see him hold it til the Royal Rumble, where he would either drop it to someone then win the Rumble, or win the Rumble as champion. He could then go on a run similar to what Sheamus is going through right now.

The key now is for Miz to have actual feuds defending the belt.

If he has real feuds over the belt, and holds it until say, the Royal Rumble, then HOPEFULLY creative has a young upstart face overthrow Miz as IC champion which gives credibility to whomever that person is.

Miz's mic talent can carry the feud, but he needs to be booked properly to take the title mean something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back