• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz is the new Intercontinental Champion

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
Tonight on RAW, The Miz became a Triple Crown Champion beating Christian for the Intercontinental Championship after months of being away of titles, finally Miz captures another championship.

The Miz and Christian battle it out at RAW but The Miz was able to take advantage of a (kayfabe) injury of Christian and pin him after the Skull Crushing Finale.

What do you think about this title change?

I was kind of expecting it to happen when he was announced as Christian's opponent. When Mix held the US title I enjoyed that run, and I am hoping that he does good things with the IC title. He was on quite a losing streak before he left to do a movie, and although I am a bit disappointed that Christian lost the belt so fast I see good things for Miz and this IC title run.

I was really hoping he would be the surprise contender and win. He deserves this so much with all the work he does outside the ring and how much he has improved lately, especially his look. I was really hoping for a faceturn but i suppose he did win his match cleanly so it's still possible. Anyway like i said, he deserves it and now he can have a good long reign and bring some prestige back.

The Miz is an awesome character. He is entertaining to watch, and could get over with ease. He may be limited in the ring compared to some others in WWE. He makes up for it though with his persona. REALLY?? REALLY????

I'm a Christian mark so I was a little disappointed to see him drop the title so soon but dropping it to Miz isn't such a bad thing. Miz did a great job back when he was US Champion so I'm pretty sure he can make the IC title interesting again. I'm guessing a rematch with Christian at Summerslam?

I find Miz to be a very entertaining heel champion. I actually really enjoyed his WWE Champion run, as far as he is concerned (but Creative were crazy at the time with ideas of including Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole in serious matches...).

I believe he will do a good job of bringing some hype to the Intercontinental Title. Also, seeing Christian battling to get it back would be great.

I didn't like how the Miz won the title. He won the title cleanly and I have no problem with that. It's just that when the Miz returned, he "lost" two matches and then got a title shot? That makes no sense. He should have at least won ONE match before this. It seriously makes the IC and the US titles attainable by anyone. There's no challenge anymore. Anyway, let's see what the Miz does with the IC title. If there are indeed plans to make him a major heel during the fall, hopefully this title reign will be a strong one.

I like it for two reasons.

One, it allows Miz, who is a very marketable guy, to hold gold and seem relevant instead of just drifting around as a jobber to the stars like he did after Awesome Truth broke up. It also allows him the opportunity to work matches with up and comers and get wins and with established veterans who will make him look better than he really is.

Two, it allows them to have a decent little program with Miz and Christian, probably ending in a rematch at SummerSlam, and then more than likely putting Christian back into the World title where he thrived late last year

I am really happy about this. As others have said, Miz did a great job as United States Champion, and I liked his WWE Championship reign. So, maybe only good things can come out of this, hopefully he can make the Intercontinental Championship interesting.

The guy is entertaining even if he isn't the best in the ring. I think people will start to take him more seriously with the new hair-do and all. The Miz could probably bring prestige back to the title.

I hate the Miz.

But if not Sandow, Miz probably needed and could do most with the IC title right now.

Christian had run his course & doesn't need the title anymore.

Bryan, Del Rio, Ziggler, Show are all already above Miz, so what other heel could take the belt?

Barrett is still out. Rhodes is over the IC belt. Swagger/McIntyre/Etc. are all buried & below or equal to Miz.

Tensai or Sandow were your only other options.

BUT SANDOW WILL HAVE HIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see him coming back from this past year of terrible matches and placement. Seems that the IC belt is gaining some attention now that Christian and Miz are around again to support it. Glad to see the WWE finally spreading the talent around. Miz is a good champion and the look on his face when he won was so genuine because he had been aching for something like that for a long time now. Good for Miz.

ok not really sure why my post disappeared but I'll have another go.

The Miz is boring to me, his music is lame, the little pose he does is silly, the assassins creed jacket, skullcrushing borefest finale... can't stand the guy.

that being said, he's the IC champ. I'd like to see Sandow challenge for the belt, I feel he did very well on the mic tonight during the DX segment. I've haven't seen much of him as I don't watch smackdown nearly as much, but im intrigued. I think he could feud well with Miz's smug self. Maybe some type of thing where he goes on diatribes about awesome not literally meaning what Miz thinks, or some dig at his mic skills, sayings and the kind of juvenile stuff Miz does (sophomoric jab at dx tonight comes to mind) Although sandow arrogance shows... wrestlers need arrogance...we need to believe they're the best and feel that they believe it as well.

Hopefully Miz has a short reign and we can get a more interesting story line out of it. The only aspect of Miz's carerr that I enjoyed was when HHH attacked he and truth at hell in a cell. Enjoyed that little nugget

I'm a huge Christian fan, mostly because of his ties with Edge, but I'm so happy that The Miz is the one who beat Christian for the title. Hopefully this will push Miz back into being the star he used to be a couple of years ago.

On a side note, am I the only one who absolutely LOVED Miz's new look tonight? The facial hair, the Chris Jericho-ish hair style, and the badass trench coat? I hope this is a permanent look for him, because it makes him look like a champion.

I didn't even think who Christian's opponent was going to be. Not surprising It was The Miz and I think he needs the IC Title to get back in the mix since he's been out for so long filming movies and jobbing to Brodus Clay before that. I'm happy Miz became champion.

I'm a big fan of the Miz so I am glad he won the belt. Although I think he deserves to be in the main-event ( he is much better than Del Rio) it is good he won the IC belt. I hope his title reign is short as I don't want him wasted in the mid-card for too long. The addition of the IC title is really cementing his place as a big star in the history of the WWE. US, Intercontinental, tag team, WWE champion as well as winning a MITB match and being undefeated at Wrestlemania. I'm sure he has more WWE champion reigns left and possibly a RR.

I was a little disappointed at first that Miz was the challenger. But, this is a good opportunity to get back on track with Miz and take him in a different direction. I sense that there have been subtle changes made to Miz's character, he seems more focused now and there's less of a cowardly heel vibe about him.

I like Christian and wouldn't have minded to see him hold onto the title a while longer. However, I think Miz could generally continue the renewed emphasis WWE has put on the IC title. Let's be honest, they've used the IC title better in the past year or so than they probably have for most, if not all, of the past decade. The Miz could be good for the title and I think it's certainly true vice versa. A strong run with this title could get things going back in the right direction for Miz before he winds back up in the main event scene further down the line. As long as they don't do the same thing with Miz as far as his character goes, I think it'll be fun. I liked Miz with his previous character, but they went as far as they could with it. Just a few slight tweaks here and there, such as having Miz be more focus & more aggressive and not as full of whiny complaints, could do wonders.

Well i wasn't surprised the Miz was the challenger very happy he won should hold on the title to December and then win the RR so he can become WHC at Wrestlemania love his new look bye the way

I'm kind of let down by it. Before Miz left to make a movie, his favored treatment in WWE seemed to have worn down; he was losing matches like crazy and had apparently entered the "put other guys over" mode.

Once he came back, I figured an attitude change was in store; he seemed to need one. Instead, we're getting the same old "Awesome" character with no apparent changes. In my view, they've given him a championship too quickly; it would have been nicer to see him have to claw his way to the top again. That is, if management intends to let him attain the heights again......and I get the feeling that's exactly what they intend.

I wanted to see him try it as a good guy. It would have been a different dimension, and with his speaking ability, he could have brought it off.

I did not see this coming, but it could be a good thing. Miz now has a chance to rebuild himself with the Intercontinental Championship, just like how his US Championship reign helped establish him in the first place. Christian could now be freed up to move back into the World Championship scene again, I would love to see him feud with Sheamus for the belt. Miz as a heel midcard champion opens up a lot of options for midcard faces to get little pushes here and there until someone defeats him, so I'm all for this reign for now.

Christian is dull as ditch water as a face. No wonder Vince has never really trusted him in the 15 years he has been there. Seems his World Title run last year was down to Edge retiring anyway.

I'm glad he lost. Miz is much better value and a bigger superstar. Heres to making the US Title relevant again. Under Christian it mean't absolutely nothing.

I was shocked and happy about it, I was happy about it because i dont like Christian as i think he is a boring person. I was shocked because i read on Wrestlezone a few days ago that Triple H called for people to hold onto there titles for longer lengths of time so i was not expecting the title to change hands but now it has hopefully Miz will hold on to the title for a long time

Jobbers do win!

Good for The Miz, he finally won something since his WWE Championship run last year. I'm happy to see him getting back on track as he was one of the better heels going into WrestleMania 27. The belt did look cool resting on his shoulder and I'll be interested to see how he works with Christian again.

I'm not a fan of Christian's character as a face. He's far too uninteresting. Also I don't like how a few months ago he was still riding the heel wave when he briefly supported Big Johnny yet he comes back a little later and wins the IC title as a face. I know it happens all of the time but they already have shown that he is (slightly) better as a heel in that nobody popped when he'd come out when he was all happy-go-lucky. As a heel he's also very limited too though. However with his "one more match" whining and turning his Peep Show into an annoying segment where he bitches and moans about about what he wants, he was at least getting a decent amount of boos from the crowd.

I'm ok with him losing the title as I find The Miz a better and more relevant obstacle when he's champion. Plus its a shame how they squashed his momentum last year when I believe that with the reactions he garnered, he should/could have been groomed to be in the big 3 of the company.

The Miz is everything wrong with how a character should look in the WWE.

He took a unique style and attire when he first broke into WWE and turned himself into another nasty trunk monkey. I cannot understand why guys want to wear everything else except pants. They'll wear a jacket, a shirt to sell merch, boots, extra props, you name it but most of them are reluctant to wear pants.

At least Christian did, and on top of that, is a great wrestler.

I was pleasantly surprized that The Miz won the IC Title. He desperately needed a title win and this takes care of that. Plus, I think Miz can do wonders for boosting the prestiege of the IC Championship. Cody Rhodes did a good job setting that up and Christian had a solid reign furthering the history. This will keep Miz on television weekly and he won't be left out of the show. Win-win[except he won't be main eventing, obviously].

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back