• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz After Wrestling.

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
I feel like stirring the pot and having a fun discussion about The Miz's future after he is done wrestling. But before I start any real discussion I have to say a ton of disclaimers so any "Miz-fits" don't red rep me or anyone flaming each other for how they feel about Miz. The Miz is one of the best speakers in the WWE. Besides CM Punk, no one can capture the audiences attention better than The Miz.(At least on the active roster) But let's face it, The Miz is not the greatest Wrestler in the WWE. His move-set is basic, and simple. Granted Miz doesn't make too many mistakes in the ring but that is because he it is hard to screw up a neckbreaker or a DDT.

Now after The Miz's career is all said and done. Either he can no longer compete due to injury or his age. What is next for him? Do you think he will stay with the WWE and do manager work or Commentary? Or would he go onto a movie career much like The Rock did.

The Miz is a marketable guy, he has a good look that can appeal to anybody. And his charisma alone can power cities for weeks. So a career in movies and Television could be a wise choice for him after he can no longer wrestle.

Then you can have Miz become a Manager for the WWE. Their are plenty of heels in the business that could use the Miz as a amazing mouth piece. Once the man is aged and is considered a veteran, he could make a great stable leader for young wrestlers trying to get over in the WWE.

Lastly their is the commentator route. Commentary is a important part of Professional Wrestling on T.V. Commentators need to provide information and keep people entertained in sometimes boring matches. The Miz clearly has a love for Professional Wrestling, having him behind the commentary table speaking for 2 hours every Monday can be big, and replacing Michael Cole would be a huge plus.

Where do you think The Miz's future will go after he retires from the WWE?

This is a real long time coming, the guy has at least another 10 years in him yet if not more. Right now though he's fast becoming the new Cena, with his constant appearances and hard work. The Miz has yet to become a BIG thing but I would imagine, with his looks + his voice, he would likely be quite marketable in movies. I would expect WWE studios to begin then actual films with him in. He's a good, marketable face who could do well in movie roles.

You know it's really hard to say, but for some reason I have a hard time picturing him in wrestling long term. Sometimes when I see how hard he works I don't think it's because he has a passion for the business as much as he has a passion for stardom and success. If any of you ever watched him on the Real World/Road Rules challenge shows, he acted almost exactly the same as he does now, except that (presumably) wasn't an act.

There's no doubt he's a great talker, and he knows how to get the crowd worked up, but I kind of see him as more of a Hogan than a Rock, the kind of guy that tries to leverage the business and it's fans for his own personal agendas. He's definitely a WWE guy through and through, so I wouldn't expect him to go anywhere else. I see him probably going the movie route but not being incredibly successful at it, and 10 or so years from now if he's still successful in wrestling he'll hang around in some capacity as a legend while forever pursuing other ventures outside the business.

I can totally see Mike "The Miz" Mizanin being the next Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I mean let's face it Miz does one hell of a job with his promos and is really enjoyable to watch. What's stopping him from having a successful career after wrestling? He can easily land some acting roles and might even be a big shot in Hollywood if he brings the same "Miz feeling" he has in his WWE promos to his acting work. But let's just hope Miz has a great 10+ years ahead of him in the wrestling business and doesn't end up retiring too soon due to injury.

Miz will definitely be successful in another career after he is done wrestling. His mic skills show that he could go the acting route like The Rock did. I would rather see him as a manager or announcer in WWE by that time though. His promos generate heat which would benefit up and coming heels who suck on the mic so a manager role would be good because then he can help guys get over like Vickie did for Dolph. Announcing is tough to say. Miz has his entire career ahead of him. It's safe to say that both Cole and Lawler will have been replaced by then. An older Miz after a long successful run would be awesome (no pun intended) in the announcing role though.

after miz is done with wrestling i could see him moving right into movies like the rock did (not sayin miz is the next rock) but miz i could just see him having a sucessful movie career after hes done with wrestling but i just get the feeling say maybe 10 years from now miz will be gone from wwe just the feeling i get

I don't see The Miz in movies, not really. Maybe some small parts, but I don't see him as an actor. I really don't know to be honest though, I think he would probably be very good as a commentator, but I don't know if that's what he would want to do. I would be more willing to say he'd be a sitcom guy on a big network.

When the WWE Network goes live, I bet, more than likely The Miz would live out most of his career on WWE TV first as a wrestler, then in later years in some other TV Personality role, and if he makes it big elsewhere it's as a sitcom star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back