The Lunatic Fringe! and his jeans!

Shou the Lunatic Fringe change his look?

• Nope! His current gear works.

• Yep! Change it up.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedRegan1005

Leading A Revolution
Let me start by saying this thread is a simple one. I am a big fan of dean Ambrose. The only thing about him that I'm kinda down on, is his ring attire. I can't help it. I see jeans, I think Brooklyn brawler. I get that it kinda fits with the lunatic fringe thing. But the one thing I would change about him is his ring gear. I can't imagine a guy wearing a pair of jeans and a grey wife beater standing victorious with the WWE title. Then again I never thought I'd see a man wearing jorts do that either . So the question is simple, do you think Ambrose should keep the Jeans/Grey Beater look, or get something new?

Let me start by saying this thread is a simple one. I am a big fan of dean Ambrose. The only thing about him that I'm kinda down on, is his ring attire. I can't help it. I see jeans, I think Brooklyn brawler. I get that it kinda fits with the lunatic fringe thing. But the one thing I would change about him is his ring gear. I can't imagine a guy wearing a pair of jeans and a grey wife beater standing victorious with the WWE title. Then again I never thought I'd see a man wearing jorts do that either . So the question is simple, do you think Ambrose should keep the Jeans/Grey Beater look, or get something new?

On Monday night;
I saw John Cena and Dean Ambrose standing side by side in and out of the ring quite a few times. For the first time, I actually was able to picture Dean Ambrose as a possible "Face of the Company"....mainly because the guy he was standing with, also wears attire that would be considered unconventional.

This is the second thread where someone is complaining about the unconventional attire of a Shield guy(there was one on Roman Reigns also). I can't quite understand why that is.
Reigns' newest attire isn't really to my liking either. I preferred the normal all-black attire he had with the Shield.
However, Ambrose's street attire is perfect for his character(as evidenced during his return at NoC), and even his entrance music is growing me also.

Give it time. At least their attires aren't generic like everyone else's.

On Monday night;
I saw John Cena and Dean Ambrose standing side by side in and out of the ring quite a few times. For the first time, I actually was able to picture Dean Ambrose as a possible "Face of the Company"....mainly because the guy he was standing with, also wears attire that would be considered unconventional.

This is the second thread where someone is complaining about the unconventional attire of a Shield guy(there was one on Roman Reigns also). I can't quite understand why that is.
Reigns' newest attire isn't really to my liking either. I preferred the normal all-black attire he had with the Shield.
However, Ambrose's street attire is perfect for his character(as evidenced during his return at NoC), and even his entrance music is growing me also.

Give it time. At least their attires aren't generic like everyone else's

That last line is all anyone needs to say. The Rock and Austin got over in traditional gear in a time where nobody wore the traditional gear. Now everyone wears traditional gear, ambrose being in the jeans is definitely a positive

I love dean ambrose...I dont mind his gear...

Lunatic fringe nickname annoys me.

Also, jean shorts are so out of fashion its insane john cena wears them. Even when he started wearing them they were out of style.
Jorts are a no go especially with his low top sneakers that look ridiculous.

But dean ambrose, he wouldnt benefit from traditional ring gear.

In most cases I would think it wasn't all that great. It fits Ambrose though. Just something about him makes his attire feel authentic.

It's kind of like Raven and the attire he wore as the dark character in ECW and then on after until he changed it up which was in TNA I believe.

Diamond Dallas Page wore jeans every now and then. It might have just been for gimmick matches because I can't really think of a match off the top of my head. But I'm fairly certain he did wrestle in jeans at one point.

If it fits the character it's okay. And Dean Ambrose is pretty much the definition of unconventional.

I like his gear.

I mean if Cena, with that attire, held the title, I don't think that wearing jeans would be a problem that would take Ambrose out of the title picture.

No one wears jorts worse than Justin Credible. But I absolutely loathe when a wrestler looks like he wasn't planning on a match that day. Cena gets a pass in 2014 since he's been wearing jorts since 2003, and we don't know what else he would wear.

But I hate Ambrose's ring attire worse than I hate Corporate Kanes fucking slacks and street fighting gloves.

Dean Ambrose's in-ring gear is GREAT.

I'd hate to see him change to the most boring and dull of all ring gears - the trunks!

Plus, it makes no sense for a 'lunatic fringe' rough and tumble guy to go from a member of the Shield in SWAT gear and then later in ripped jeans and a muscle shirt to suddenly wearing his underwear to the ring. It would look stupid.

I am of the opinion a wrestler should not wear the boring, dull trunks as ring gear unless it specifically make sense for their character. Otherwise, they should wear a Olympic wrestling style singlet, long tights or something truly unique.

Mankind was WWE Champ with his in-ring gear. Undertaker is multiple time WWE Champ with his in-ring gear. Jeff Hardy won the WWE and World titles with his in-ring gear.

There is NOTHING wrong with Dean Ambrose's in-ring gear and no reason why it should stop him from being multiple time WWE Champ.

Honestly when he first debuted the street attire, I looked at it as WWE didn't have a post shield look for him right now and he just so happened to show up and fight. Don't forget, that's how The APA were. They get in a fuss backstage and find out they have an impromptu match and go out there and fight and wrestle. But when it came to me that the jeans and wife beater was his attire, I was fine with it. Yeah it helps and signifies a push, but I doubt that will make him the face of the company or a worthy champion. He got Roman Reigns, and Daniel Bryan to go through for that honor.

When we're at the point where we're debating what a wrestler should or shouldn't wear, then I would say all hope is lost here.

Gone are the days of the outlandish costumes, thank God, and the traditional latex speedo's. You see a lot of wrestlers these days wearing I think what makes them feel comfortable, ans who's to say that Ambrose isn't comfortable with what he's wearing.

Luke Harper wrestle's in jeans and a muscle shirt and I don't hear anyone complain about him. Bray Wyatt wears white pants, although I have no idea how they stay so white, mine never do. And Eric Rowan, what he's wearing is just horrible, but you don't see a debate raging on the Wyatt's attire.

Cena wears long shorts, Kane a business suit and Rollins, well he looks like a power ranger of sorts. When you look across the roster you pretty much see a spectrum of everything there is to see. I'm okay with that.

I do take exception to that stuff that Reigns up on his get up though. It's hideous and it should have been left as plain black riot gear. You don't need any embellishment on it. Ambrose is fine and it suits his character. Quite honestly I would rather look at Ambrose in a pair of jeans, than watch Randy Orton walking around in what he wears. A grown man wearing a t-shirt and a speedo just seems out of place, and looks like he forgot to put his pants on.

I'm not a fan of Luke Harper and Eric Rowan's gear at all but they make it work...

I won't give my opinion on Ambrose's attire because I very much think he is the most over-rated wrestler in the history of the universe...

His current gear suits him for now, and that's a good way to separate the shield guys from the pack. I'd like to see him in more traditional gear like trunks sometime next year though. Trunks like in fcw with the logo behind and his "unstable" black shirt with his jacket. How badass would he look with that. Plus he'd be easier to sell merch if he's wearing it.

Yeah I don't know how he wrestles in the jeans... it just looks uncomfortable... I don't care for all the dudes in underwear (Bo Dallas is 1 nasty guy) but the jeans have to be, and certainly look to be, restrictive

It's makes him different from others and it is a perfect match for his style. Will it last forever? No, but atm it's what he needs. Are people really talking about this? Is the next thread going to be about how he needs to cut his hair short and wear black trunks?

Also, those aren't your run of the mill jeans. I'm sure they are of high quality and he has the more elastic kind that permits movement.

I think his gear fits his character perfectly. Also at 1st I thought Rollins looked like a Power Ranger also until I watched Escape from L.A. recently.

Sorry don't know how to post a pic or I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back