• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin (Part II)

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
I wanted to do this thread again because the first time I did it several months ago I didn't get much of a response.

So this time PLEASE RESPOND.

Now that's out of the way. You guys remember the Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD. I do and when I was done I realized it stopped at WM 17. I never understood why. Did the WWE see the rest of his career as unimportant. I'm not sure. He definately IMO had worthy moments after WM 17 that deserved to be on his DVD. His Hall of Fame, His run with Triple H as Two Man Power Trip. His Heel turn continued. Matches agains Ric Flair, Scott Hall, and Eric Bishoff. Being on Piper's Pit.

I don't know maybe it's just me. Anyway I would like to them to re release the DVD but complete through 2010.

How about You guys? If You would to re release the Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin what would you guys do differently?

What Matches and Moments would you put in from Austins Career?

Start at the beginning?

And last answer.

Why did WWE stop the DVD at WM17?

Run wild with this.

EDIT: Because I'm being selfish I want to promote my other thread. It's in the Music Section. The thread is call "NEXT GROUP TO BE INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK HALL OF FAME." Like I said I'm being selfish and promoting another thread; but please check it out. It's an awesome topic.:)

To me the Legacy Of Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD was very very underwhelming. So much was left out like his battles with Mankind, DX, the Corporate Ministry, Jericho, Angle, Booker T, his heel turn to WCW/ECW, the Alliance with HHH and Mcmahon, and his Final Match with the Rock at WM 19.

All of that should have been covered or covered more IMO and i was very disappointed to see none of it was. i would absolutely love to see another Stone Cold DVD release that covers these things. Its not like any of them were forgettable.

I expected so much more. I had been waiting for the "What" era to take place and was really looking forward to it...

Austin was a whole different monster during his WCW/ECW Alliance days. It was cool to see him as a Heel, but also I thought he was really funny too...

His moments with Angle and McMahon, with Austin playing guitar and all that was classic!!! Also his moments with The Alliance members, mostly Tazz were GREAT.

He was really the flagship in those days as much as he was in 98. He held the World Title for most of the year.

As mentioned in your OP, his time with Triple H, in The 2 Man Power Trip was short, but epic!

I expected a lot more of Austin's DVD. Stone Cold wrestled some great matches in 2001, after WM 17.

They definitely should have made his matches with Kurt Angle part of the dvd. They were both classics. To me it looked like, at least on paper, that Austin and Angle might not have great ring chemistry together, but they do.

And too bad they would not show Austin's King of the Ring 2001 match against Jericho and Benoit for obvious reasons, but it is the most underrated match of Stone Cold's entire career, IMO.

I guess it was because a lot of those angles after WM17 were deemed to have been failures.

Even though heel Austin was golden during the Invasion angle, the angle itself was considered to be a flop, which is probably why they didn't include it.

His involvement in the nWo angle in 2002, would also be considered a failure based on the fact that the stable was near enough ruined and half heartedly re-built within 6 weeks of it's introduction into WWE programming. Again Austin's personal involvement in the angle gave us more quality Austin moments, but considering the overall impact of the angle for WWE in terms of success, they probably don't want to remind people that they totally fucked up a potentially amazing angle.

If they'd brought up the Undisputed Title situation, it'd be pointless, because all they could say was 'he didn't win it', and the focus was more on Jericho getting the win than Austin being in the tournament at all, so again, no real point to adding it.

Then of course in mid '02, Austin started getting uppety about booking decisions i.e. no showing Raws because he didn't want to lose to Brock Lesnar in a KOTR qualifier on free TV. This is the period where Austin had 'picked up his ball and gone home'. So again, they weren't going to put that on his 'Legacy' DVD were they?

He comes back from that 'hiatus', if you will, and then the next thing of importance that i can personally remember, was his fued with the Rock at WM19, and then his career was over anyway, apart from being the GM for a bit and random guest ref spots. Not the type of material you put on a 'Wrestler Legacy' DVD, because it was mainly done to encourage buyrates or a cheap ratings boost only and didn't do anything to add to Austin's WWE run except give him another few pay checks.

As for matches that should have been featured, i personally would have liked to have seen his Summerslam and Unforgiven title matches in '01 (might not have those dates right) Anyway, the matches i'm talking about are the one where he lost the belt to Angle, and the one where he retained against Angle and RVD in a triple threat, and then finally his Undisputed Title match with Jericho.

Can't really think of any important matches after that period in his career until WM19, that could also honestly be described as excellent matches that are DVD worthy, so that's about all i would have added.

I bought this DVD set a couple months ago and it is a decent buy for anyone who was a Stone Cold fan. I will agree that I think they were missing some matches but the one I wish they had was the Wrestlemania 14 main event. To me, that was one of his biggest moments where he won the Championship for the first time. They show the Summerslam 97 match against Owen and then talk about him winning the championship at WM14, then they next match they show was at Unforgiven against Dude Love??

I guess other than that, the title of the DVD is the Legacy of Stone Cold and to me, his legacy was how WCW gave him up and he eventually turned into one of the biggest stars in wrestling history. That's what the DVD set focuses on. I agree they could have touched on the rest of his career, but maybe they save that for another DVD and it sounds like they already hae people that would buy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back