The Latin American Xchange Campaign HQ

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
From the creator of the campaign thread and the man instrumental in The Undertaker's current "WrestleZone Champion" status comes...

LAXCHQ.png

As you will mostly be aware, LAX are a TNA team. But don't discredit them because of this. In fact, do quite the opposite. LAX have been victorious over the other five TNA teams that find themselves worthy enough to be in this tournament - Team 3D, The Motor City Machine Guns, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, America's Most Wanted and Triple X. As a matter of fact, LAX didn't just beat these teams. No, with the exception of 3D and The Guns, they broke them all up.

Now if there's one thing that has made LAX so long-lived and successful, it's versatility. Versatility in pretty much every sense of the word. Through various incarnations, Homicide and Hernandez have remained the rock solid core of the group. Not only this, but they have thrived in every situation they've been put in. Whether they've been confined to a steel cage or been asked to climb high above the ring or to even put a fork in someone's face, LAX has risen to the challenge. There are no situations you can put these two in that they will be uncomfortable in. To discover why, look at the men themselves.

Hernandez - The Tex Mex T-Rex

05.jpg

An absolute monster of a man. Pitiless and efficient. He combines straightforward shoulder blocks - that would knock any man to the ground - with more flamboyant moves; spinning powerbombs and suicide dives immediately spring to mind. Acts as a hugely effective equalizer against other big men and swats everyone else away like flies. You just can't mess with Hernandez.

Homicide - The Gringo Killa

18.jpg

The speed and intelligence side of the team. Homicide combines electrifying lucha libre seamlessly with the more brutal, bare bones side of wrestling. He'd just as soon hit you with a flying Topé con hilo (look it up) as split you open with a pizza cutter. Look at what it says on his shirt: Lucha Thug.

As you can see, the two compliment each other perfectly, overlapping in all the right areas while still keeping all the bases covered. Separately they're dangerous and versatile. Together they're deadly and ultra-versatile - a breath-taking typhoon of destruction. My colourful imagery sells them short. Then there's their special moves (although both have an assortment of highly effective signature moves) - the Gringo Killa and Border Toss. It's highly unlikely that anyone would get up from either.

Then there's their region, ECW. Oh noes, it's not TNA! But like I said, highly adaptable. LAX wouldn't look out of place in ECW; they've entertained many a bingo hall in their time. In TNA, they've got a great track record in dangerous, hardcore-style matches. They've been in every kind of street fight you'd care to name. Homicide uses a fork for Christ's sake. He was the guy that force fed Colt Cabana carpet cleaner. These two are, to borrow a phrase, harder than hardcore.

Their next opponents are Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, the self-proclaimed World's Greatest Tag Team. How do they stand a chance?

[youtube]JsngeFyWPUM[/youtube]​

LAX are really a top notched team, but if anything their being on TNA may hurt them. Alot of people don't watch TNA and there is a certain stigman against TNA. LAX are a great team, but were better a year or two ago. This year they were brought down by Hector & Salinas, and were watered down alot. WGTT are a very gifted team, and both are undstanding wrestler's but I have always found the team bland ever since their break with Angle. LAX FTW!

TNA has a stigma for having stupid gimmicks. LAX, however, have risen high above that even in their more "gringo-friendly" stages. They've built a reputation of their own, outside that of TNA. WGTT are like two Homicides but without the hardcore and lucha libre skills. They wouldn't stand a chance even if weapons weren't allowed.

Which they are. In fact, they're encouraged. Know what else is encouraged? An ass-kicking.

TNA also has a stigma as being not as good as the WWE. I'm just saying some WWE marks will vote against LAX merley because they are from TNA, which is stupid since they have been able to go above and maintain they popularity. I think LAX are just a more overall better team when comparing ring skills, mic skills, gimmicks, ect. I just hope that wwe "marks" don't throw off the LAX as another lame "TNA" team, and not give them a fair chance, which could happen.

If I have anything to do with it, LAX will get their fair chance. It's an idiot that votes a team of two inexperienced, impersonal "pure" wrestlers over a team of two guys that between them cover an array of strong styles, quick styles, submission styles, high-flying styles, hardcore styles... pretty much any style you care to mention. Not to mention they beat them at their own game anyway.

In a hardcore environment. Alas, I should probably save some of this for the match threads.

Predicted LAX match-ups (in chronological order):

Round Three: LAX vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle

Round Four: LAX vs. America's Most Wanted

Quarter Final: LAX vs. The British Bulldogs

Semi-Final: LAX vs. Big, Bad and Dangerous

Final: LAX vs. The Hart Foundation

If they get as far as the quarter finals, I'll be pleased. If they get further, then I'll be very pleased.

LAX pick up the win against WGTT 17-6. Pretty dominating, but it should have been 23-0. Next up, we have Chrangle.

I will not be part of this. They were supposed to be a short term thing, you know that don't you Sam?

Predicted LAX match-ups (in chronological order):

Round Three: LAX vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle

Round Four: LAX vs. America's Most Wanted

Quarter Final: LAX vs. The British Bulldogs

Semi-Final: LAX vs. Big, Bad and Dangerous

Final: LAX vs. The Hart Foundation

If they get as far as the quarter finals, I'll be pleased. If they get further, then I'll be very pleased.

They should beat Benoit / Angle, and they should dispatch AMW. You'll be hard pressed to get them through the British Bulldogs, but I hope you do succeed. I think I'd have an easier time getting BB&D past LAX than the Bulldogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back