The Last CD You Bought

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
The title is self explanatory, but there is a back story.

Recently, the old lady tried convincing me to get rid of all of my cd's. She said that since I already had them stored in my computer, on my itunes, and backed up on a separate hard drive that I should let the cd's go. She made a very convincing argument that my cd's were taking up too much space...

I really like owning actual cd's. It is nice and convenient to have an audio library, but I like the assurance of knowing that if all of my technology takes a crap, I can still access my music. So, I had to tell the wife to piss off.

So, plain and simple...

Do you still buy cd's?

Are there only certain artists that you would by a cd for?

What is the last cd that you purchased/received as a gift?

For me, I only really buy the actual cd's for band I really love, mostly Weezer or the Killers. Everything else gets purchased on itunes or illegally downloaded.

My last cd purchases were Weezer's albums Hurley & Death to false Metal

I buy alot of CD's, usually off Amazon and usually 2 or 3 a month.

Alot of the music I listen to is from the 90s, and early 2000s so these CD's can be picked up pretty cheaply most of the time. The only new releases I tend to buy are new CD's from bands I already like, or if something particularly catches my attention.

The last CD I bought was the new Beady Eye album "Different Gear, Still Speeding". They are former Oasis lead singer Liam Gallagher's new band, and basically the whole band is Oasis but without Noel Gallagher. However, the music style has changed to be more Beatles influenced and very 60's rock n roll. While I do not think alot of it is as good as Oasis' material, I still very much enjoy the album. Initially I picked it up because I love Oasis, but I am beginning to enjoy Beady Eye for who THEY are, not for their previous band

I much prefer to have an actual physical copy of an album. I like having a huge CD rack on the wall in my house, displaying my collection of over 300 CD's, of which I am very proud of. I like to have these to listen to in the car, and as back-up incase I lose the music on my laptop. This has happened before and I lost over 3000 songs, but luckily I had most on actual CD, so replacing them was not too much trouble. However, I did lose 500 or so downloaded songs and as I have alot more music now I would hate to lose all of it again, especially if I had paid for the downloads.

Do you still buy cd's?

Yes I do. Not as much anymore as money has been tight and the internet allows much more access to illegal copies though.

I used to have a fairly impressive collection of CDs but with the money issues I've been having, I had to part ways with a lot of it.

Pretty much just whatever Strange Music releases and whenever The Offspring releases a new album. I have a lot of trouble convincing myself to by an album that I don't know whether or not I like enough of it beforehand. The Offspring always gives me albums I can listen to all the way through and Strange does a swell.

I can't remember the last time I received a CD as a gift, but I bought one of my younger brother's Metallica's self titled album(The Black Album) for Christmas this year.

Do you still buy cd's?
Very rarley.

Are there only certain artists that you would buy a cd for?
Although they broke up, if Oasis were to release an album I wouldn't hesitate about buying it because I have all their other albums and they're Oasis! The same goes for The Verve. Also when Noel releases his solo album, I'll definitely buy it. And I still have to get around to buying Beady Eyes Album. Besides those they're aren't any I can think of buying.

Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits. It was a good CD, although there was a few songs I was disapionted not to see on the CD. (It seems like there always is when buying a Greatest Hits album) it was still a good buy.

I still buy Cd's as much as I ever did. Of course only for certain bands or artists. I would much rather have a physical copy of the album along with liner notes and all that stuff. I download and burn lots of copies of live recordings that of course are ususally made with the artists permission, stuff you wouldn't be able to buy anywhere, just trading amongst fans. As far as albums and studio releases, if I want to hear it, I'll buy it, if I don't think its worth my $13.99 I don't really care if I ever hear it. Not to sound all high and mighty, but as a musician myself I feel like an asshole if I just download and burn a new album off limewire or something like that.
Last cd I bought was Gov't Mule, By a Thread. Actually bought it for the 2nd time because the first copy melted and got all warped in my car on a 100 degree afternoon.

Do you still buy cd's?

Yes, but not consistently. It has to be from a group I really like or newer or even older artist that has taken me by surprise. I typically use Itunes now. However sometimes it's nice have the actual cd.

There are a few. Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Aerosmith, Toby Keith, Third Day, and MercyMe are typically the bands that I buy abulms from. I have plenty of other albums but these would be the most typical groups that I would HAVE TO buy an album from.

Well there are three Garth Brooks: Ultimate Collection, Lynrd Skynrd: Greatest Hits, and The Zac Brown Band: The Zac Brown Band.

I don't blame you for not getting rid of your cd's. I too like to have cd's for the same reason's as you. I had a close call with my ipod when I dropped it in water. However it ended up being just fine. Just a quick fix and fortunately all the songs and the ipod were playing good too. But it's always good to have those cd's around just in case.

Do You Still Buy CD's?
I buy CD's all the time. Usually whenever I hear a song I like on the radio I will look them up and just download their whole discography (if available). I make more than enough money to do so, and I want great quality with my music.

Are There Only Certain Artists You Would Buy CD's For?
Not really, I mean like I said earlier if I like a song I will just buy the whole album, but some of my favorite bands I ALWAYS buy their whole albums. Another thing usually the single you would hear from a band on the radio may not always be the best song on that album it came out on. You have to watch out for that, because it may be the song that got you into them, but it may turn out to be your least favorite once you hear the rest of the band's songs.

What Is The Last CD That You Purchased/Received As A Gift?
My girlfriend bought me Trust Company's newest CD "Dreaming In Black And White" (amazing go out and buy it now), because she knew I had been waiting around 6 years for them to release a new album. Was totally worth the wait.

I pretty much collect CD's as a hobbie. I easily have 100's in my collection from years of collecting. It all started with "MTV Unplugged" by Nirvana

Do you still buy cd's?
Not very often, not because of a money thing but just because there isn't many artists I would actually buy the CD for.

Yeah, as mentioned before, I won't buy a CD from a band unless I absolutely love them and want to help support them even more. The only bands that nowadays I would buy a CD from would be Escape the Fate and My Chemical Romance as they are my faveourite bands, I have no problem buying an album from them. More than happy too.

Umm, I think it would be 'Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys" from My Chemical Romance. I was actually hesitant about buying the album as even though I love them, their new sound wasn't that impressive. While the album might be their worst, there are a couple of stand out tracks on it such as 'The Kids From Yesterday', 'Vampire Money' and 'DESTROYA'. It's not really a bad album, it's just not great like their others.

Do you still buy cd's?

Yes I do. Partly because I like to have a physical copy just in case the computer dies and also because it shows I have a nice collection I can be proud of (its not really the same on a computer)

Noy really, if I like a song by an artist I haven't listened to before I'll check out some more of their songs before I decide whether to buy a CD of theirs or just download the the song or two that I like.

Well it was my birthday recently and I got Alter Bridge's Blackbird and Guns N Roses' Use Your Illusion I and II. The last album I bought myself was Metallica's S&M live album.

I bought Beady Eyes album the other day, so I can now update the last question. It's pretty good. Not as good as Oasis but still worth the money.

Señor Anderson;2975986 said:
I bought Beady Eyes album the other day, so I can now update the last question. It's pretty good. Not as good as Oasis but still worth the money.

Good man. Liam's voice sounds very good on the album, but the style of music is much more Stones/Beatles than Oasis, it is very 1960s. You can definitely see the influence of the music Liam and the others listen to themselves. If I had to compare the songs to any Oasis tracks I would say some are quite like "The Meaning Of Soul", "Songbird", "Ain't Got Nothin'" and "I'm Outta Time".

"Four Letter Word" could be on an Oasis album, that does sound like them, and "The Roller" probably could be too, but the others are very retro sounding. I was not expecting to love the album, but I really do like it. The more I hear it, the more it grows on me.

On another note, try and track down Noel Gallaghers solo live album from the Albert Hall in London, "The Dreams We Have As Children". He plays lots of Oasis songs acoustic, some of which I have never heard unplugged before (Fade Away, (It's Good) To Be Free", and "Sad Song" (best track on the CD), and he also covers "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" by The Smiths, a Beatles song and duets with Paul Weller on one of Weller's own songs.

I remember getting the CD free in a newspaper, and have downloaded the additional tracks from Amazon. The whole album is on there now, I really recommend you get it. Noel plays with Gem Archer from Oasis and his voice is awesome. Deifnitely one of the best live albums I have ever heard, and if you are a big Oasis fan you will LOVE it man

the style of music is much more Stones/Beatles than Oasis, it is very 1960s. You can definitely see the influence of the music Liam and the others listen to themselves.

My thoughts exactly, The Roller is very similar to The Beatles All You Need Is Love, at times. The same goes for Beatles And Stones it could be linked with My Generation. Now I understand there are 1000s of similar sounding songs, but you can see how Beady Eye were influenced, by the 60s type Rock 'n' Roll.

On another note, try and track down Noel Gallaghers solo live album from the Albert Hall in London, "The Dreams We Have As Children". He plays lots of Oasis songs acoustic, some of which I have never heard unplugged before (Fade Away, (It's Good) To Be Free", and "Sad Song" (best track on the CD), and he also covers "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" by The Smiths, a Beatles song and duets with Paul Weller on one of Weller's own songs.

I'll be sure to check it out. I remember a couple years back, I had no idea that Chris Cornell had done so many acoustic versions of his songs. Now Black Hole Sun, Redemption Song, Can't Change Me, and Like A Stone ect. are among my favourite Cornell songs when acoustic. Now I'm not expecting similar sounds to Cornell, because they are completley different artists.

I remember getting the CD free in a newspaper, and have downloaded the additional tracks from Amazon. The whole album is on there now, I really recommend you get it. Noel plays with Gem Archer from Oasis and his voice is awesome. Deifnitely one of the best live albums I have ever heard, and if you are a big Oasis fan you will LOVE it man

Sounds awesome I'll defienitely check it out. I can't wait for Noel's album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back