The Jeff Hardy Comeback Tour

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
[YOUTUBE]sSdPtlkAQpU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since coming back in September, Jeff Hardy has attempted to recapture his former glory. In the eyes of many in the business in and out of TNA, he's the guy. Despite all the problems he's had, he's still believed in. The fans certainly seem to be believing too. He's had nothing but roaring approval in every appearance and TNA in banking on it. Maybe it's time we too support the Jeff Hardy Comeback Tour. I for one feel like getting on the bandwagon. He has a chance to turn his life around and probably be bigger than he was before. Why not support a person with such an opportunity? Yes, he's had multiple close calls, but none were quite as "reassuring" as his late 2010 run. Since then the man got to see his brother fall in probably a deeper issue while also becoming a father and dealing with the law. If that doesn't wake you up, nothing will. That's why I flipped a coin and decided on joining the support for him.

However, there's always room for some change, and while Jeff's new theme song is cool for it's rather fitting message, guitar riff and RTC-like siren, that's not the only thing I feel he should update. His wardrobe certainly comes to mind.

JeffHardy47_2.jpg

It's not that much of a particularly attractive look either. I'm not saying he should change his total image, but the tight jumpsuit and pants have gotten tiresome to me really fast. His more casual look when coming out to cut promo's looks far fresher and looser. Even his brother changed up his looks, so why can't Jeff?

All in all, I still support the support for Jeff Hardy. Things are looking up for the daredevil, and I certainly believe he can reach the top once again. Anyone else with me?

I am Killjoy as I am a fan of Hardy. He will recapture his former glory as he now is still way over with the crowd. I agree that his music change is good for his new act in his life and it fits well. He has come a long way from his fuck up at the PPV in which I can't remember the name of. Jeff looks healthy has been acting like he is healthy and hell, he seems to be a new man. Since there hasn't been really any more dirt sheets about him fucking up then maybe he really has resurrected himself now.

I dig Jeff’s wardrobe even if it took me forever to get into the whole face paint thing. Maybe now he could change it out or just not do it anymore. I am not sure since I haven't seen him wrestle in a long time if he is doing it or not. But, that is the only thing I would change is take away the face paint.

I say that and I agree things are looking up for Jeff Hardy and I only hope he keeps it that way.

When Hardy was going through his issues I continued to say if the dude changed I'd no problem supporting him again and currently, I think he's doing a pretty good job at this whole "comeback" thing.

His entrance music is crap to me personally. Stars off too slow and by the time he was in the ring at this past weeeks Impact Wrestling the siren had just ended. His image isn't all that good either, personally I prefer his look back in 2002 when he faced The Undertaker for the WWE Championship. He'd the blond hair, white wifebeater and he still wore those pants, whatever you call them. But although his image does need a revamp in ways, I do think he's doing rather well.

Thing is, whether Hardy was going to change his ways or not, he'd have made a comeback either way and would still have gained large support due to his fanbase. But what I've noticed is he's turning those that months ago claimed they hated Hardy and now they like him or are at least giving him a chance. Personally I like him again, in fact I like him more now than I have for years.

If you think Jeff Hardy is the real deal, an amazing - high flyin - risk taker that leaves the crowd breathless every night... your the type that thinks he can reach the top again. If you think he's some ex druggie that botches half of his moves and is, for lack of a better term, a spot monkey... you most likely realize that your in the minority and that since the guy has a ton of fans and support, he'll definitely be a champion again even though you think he's a one trick pony.

I'm halfway, I wanna be supportive since he was my sleeper pick to reach the top ever since the ladder match for Teri Runnel's services as manager (did we really think she was hot back than...? Damn we were easily impressed with the early Divas). But... I don't really give a shit about TNA, he only seems to know seven wrestlling moves, and I'm pretty sick of giving people second chances in my old age. Especially for the third or fourth time. I don't tolerate this shit in real life, I'm not gonna accept it from some guy I don't even know just because he has the ability to fall on his back from twenty feet up.

I'm surprised anybody even took the time to post a thread with Jeff Hardy's name in it. Jeff is a joke and so is his fail brother. Jeff is a glorified stunt man, not a pro-wrestler. "Wrestling" involves holds and counters and Jeff wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch (in the words of Bobby Heenan). Jeff IS a spot monkey, and that's all he is. Have you ever ACTUALLY watched one of his matches? Kurt Angle can make anybody look good, but his matches with Jeff were trash and it wasn't Angles fault. Jeff is sloppy. Half of his shit doesn't land right. He flops around like a skinny kid having a seizure. He has NO mic skills and no technical ability. He is very charismatic, but that's about it. His entire shtick is high flying and you can't depend on 1 aspect of wrestling. I like high flying, but it can't be ALL high flying. Look at Rey. Rey has a DAMN nice arsenal of technical wrestling moves, reversals and counters. I've seen him hold his own with Benoit and Malenko. But Jeff, he's either in the air or on the mat getting his ass beat. Now, factor in he's a dope head, alcoholic, steroid dealing burnout. What do you have? REALLY? What is he worth? Nothing imo. And, for the record, this time around isn't his 2nd chance...he's on like, his 4th or 5th. How many times did he show up to a show doped up, drunk or simply not even show up? I lost count.

I wrote up a thread about all this back in September and got hammered left and right for supporting his comeback. Regardless, nothing has changed in my mind with regard to supporting Hardy through this.

I said it then, and I'll say it again now:

We all know Jeff Hardy's history. We know what happened at Victory Road, and we know what happened following it — we are also well aware that his less than fortunate brother was released due to a similar set of circumstances (though he never fucked up a main event or a match in his short-lived TNA career). And of course we certainly know that Jeff Hardy has since returned to TNA/IW, much to the chagrin of a number of users on forums like these who feel he simple "doesn't deserve" the opportunity—or as JJYanks put it: "Never trust an addict". Problem is... he does deserve the opportunity...

The problem I have with this philosophy—which I touched on briefly in the LD for TNA/IW last night—is that not all professional wrestling talents are or even should be held to the same set of standards or requirements, even if you think that practice is not "fair" or "right". This isn't about what's "fair" or what's "right" — it's about what sells and what doesn't. Jeff Hardy sells. Period. This is the biggest reason why Matt Hardy was released and why Jeff Hardy still has a job. Both had substance abuse issues go public and look poorly on the company — so what's the difference? Jeff is a veritable SUPERSTAR. He supersedes life. He supersedes average talent. He supersedes TNA/IW. His name alone has more value than all things Matt Hardy combined, which makes stomaching the fact that Jeff is also an addict an easier pill to swallow. Matt Hardy does none of these things. That reason alone is why Jeff gets his redemption angle and why Matt Hardy is off wallowing in his own self-pity. If every superstar in history with an issue of substance abuse was given the JJYanks treatment of "never trust an addict", where would Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Batista, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, British Bulldog, Curt Hennig and dozens and dozens of other certifiable superstars be? Where would any of them have even been? Would any of them have even been? Sorry to break it to you, but superstars with incredibly valuable talents/names simply do not deserve to be treated the same as your average mid-card scrub when issues like this become a factor. Anyone who tells you otherwise, were they actually running a wrestling promotion, would end up running the worst wrestling product in history with the thinnest roster of all-time to boot.

If people want to continue to tow this ambiguous line of calling events like Hardy's morally corrupt or reprehensible because of who he is/was and what he did, by all means, but it won't stop companies like TNA from continuing to give him every opportunity they can afford to be the future the company needs.

Again, Hardy is a veritable superstar. He is a major talent who is still quite young and has a ton of promise behind him regardless of his substance abuse issues.

Only until the point the fans refuse to forgive him does his value to the company and to professional wrestling in general begin to out weight the choice to give him another chance.

I'm surprised anybody even took the time to post a thread with Jeff Hardy's name in it. Jeff is a joke and so is his fail brother. Jeff is a glorified stunt man, not a pro-wrestler. "Wrestling" involves holds and counters and Jeff wouldn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch (in the words of Bobby Heenan). Jeff IS a spot monkey, and that's all he is. Have you ever ACTUALLY watched one of his matches? Kurt Angle can make anybody look good, but his matches with Jeff were trash and it wasn't Angles fault. Jeff is sloppy. Half of his shit doesn't land right. He flops around like a skinny kid having a seizure. He has NO mic skills and no technical ability. He is very charismatic, but that's about it. His entire shtick is high flying and you can't depend on 1 aspect of wrestling. I like high flying, but it can't be ALL high flying. Look at Rey. Rey has a DAMN nice arsenal of technical wrestling moves, reversals and counters. I've seen him hold his own with Benoit and Malenko. But Jeff, he's either in the air or on the mat getting his ass beat. Now, factor in he's a dope head, alcoholic, steroid dealing burnout. What do you have? REALLY? What is he worth? Nothing imo. And, for the record, this time around isn't his 2nd chance...he's on like, his 4th or 5th. How many times did he show up to a show doped up, drunk or simply not even show up? I lost count.

Hmmm... Funny. I think I heard like around 4000 screaming fans at Philly proving you wrong last month. What he's worth? More than you know. That's for sure. Despite making himself look like an utter fool, at this point in time has just as much support from the fans as he did back in is 2008 peak. He's not called the "Charismatic Enigma" just because Mike Tenay thought it was catchy. As for your dumb claim about how he's a glorified stuntman... Yeah, he ain't no Sabu or Sandman. Or Mick Foley. Then again, it's not like the crowd cared about their own skills either. Get over yourself. No one gives a damn about being able to dish out 15 different moves per match. If anyone did, most wrestlers today would be booed.

I wrote up a thread about all this back in September and got hammered left and right for supporting his comeback. Regardless, nothing has changed in my mind with regard to supporting Hardy through this.

I said it then, and I'll say it again now:

We all know Jeff Hardy's history. We know what happened at Victory Road, and we know what happened following it — we are also well aware that his less than fortunate brother was released due to a similar set of circumstances (though he never fucked up a main event or a match in his short-lived TNA career). And of course we certainly know that Jeff Hardy has since returned to TNA/IW, much to the chagrin of a number of users on forums like these who feel he simple "doesn't deserve" the opportunity—or as JJYanks put it: "Never trust an addict". Problem is... he does deserve the opportunity...

The problem I have with this philosophy—which I touched on briefly in the LD for TNA/IW last night—is that not all professional wrestling talents are or even should be held to the same set of standards or requirements, even if you think that practice is not "fair" or "right". This isn't about what's "fair" or what's "right" — it's about what sells and what doesn't. Jeff Hardy sells. Period. This is the biggest reason why Matt Hardy was released and why Jeff Hardy still has a job. Both had substance abuse issues go public and look poorly on the company — so what's the difference? Jeff is a veritable SUPERSTAR. He supersedes life. He supersedes average talent. He supersedes TNA/IW. His name alone has more value than all things Matt Hardy combined, which makes stomaching the fact that Jeff is also an addict an easier pill to swallow. Matt Hardy does none of these things. That reason alone is why Jeff gets his redemption angle and why Matt Hardy is off wallowing in his own self-pity. If every superstar in history with an issue of substance abuse was given the JJYanks treatment of "never trust an addict", where would Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Batista, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, British Bulldog, Curt Hennig and dozens and dozens of other certifiable superstars be? Where would any of them have even been? Would any of them have even been? Sorry to break it to you, but superstars with incredibly valuable talents/names simply do not deserve to be treated the same as your average mid-card scrub when issues like this become a factor. Anyone who tells you otherwise, were they actually running a wrestling promotion, would end up running the worst wrestling product in history with the thinnest roster of all-time to boot.

If people want to continue to tow this ambiguous line of calling events like Hardy's morally corrupt or reprehensible because of who he is/was and what he did, by all means, but it won't stop companies like TNA from continuing to give him every opportunity they can afford to be the future the company needs.

Again, Hardy is a veritable superstar. He is a major talent who is still quite young and has a ton of promise behind him regardless of his substance abuse issues.

Only until the point the fans refuse to forgive him does his value to the company and to professional wrestling in general begin to out weight the choice to give him another chance.

I love how it always comes back to me when you post on this topic. The thing is, you haven't learned a thing at all.

Where would Hennig, Guerrero, Benoit, Bulldog, and Pillman be if companies were smarter back then and had consequences for drug use and abuse? I don't know...........ALIVE? You mentioned a lot of dead people as an example of why they should be thrown in front of fans regardless of demons. That's a terrible example and exactly why people should ignore your sentiments every time you talk about this subject.

Since we've done this before, I'll make this short and sweet. Hypothetically, are you willing to support TNA's bring back Jeff Hardy if you knew that he'd relapse and be dead within 2 years? Are those two years as a fan worth him losing the rest of potentially a longer life?

I lost quite a bit of respect for Hardy after what happened at Victory Road but while I, like many, had doubts about him returning to television when he did I do support him. No, my doubts about him have not gone away because while I look at Hardy to be a great asset to TNA, history has proven time and time again that he can also be a liability. I do want him to find success and even more, I want him to turn his life around. I agree that if becoming a father and watching his own brother having to confront his own demons isn't the wake up call Hardy needs, then nothing's gonna do it.

On another note, I'm in agreement with Dragon Saga. I'm not a fan of Jeff's new theme song myself although I guess it does fit with Hardy's situation now with him resurrecting and making his comeback but I personally much prefer Another Me. I think lyrics to that song do fit a babyface even though at a first listen, it might sound a little dark (perfect for his old anti-christ gimmick). Just personal taste.

Well he does deserve a second chance, provided he proves that he truly wants to change for the better. He's made numerous bad decisions and we all make mistakes in our lives, but his choices could cost him his job. Hardy fell hard when he went from WWE's #2 guy to being forced to leave TNA until he can turn things around. Talk about falling from glory. I support Hardy though because I would want support too if I was trying to change, and I do want him to have a successful career. The questions however are will he truly turn his life around, and will all of the fans forgive him? His true fans will, and if truly cares he will make the right choice. Hopefully he does so that TNA can trust him enough to put him back in the top tier. If he blows it again though.... That'll be it. No one would trust him to work for them or want him on their roster anymore. You only get so many chances.

I love how it always comes back to me when you post on this topic. The thing is, you haven't learned a thing at all.

Where would Hennig, Guerrero, Benoit, Bulldog, and Pillman be if companies were smarter back then and had consequences for drug use and abuse? I don't know...........ALIVE? You mentioned a lot of dead people as an example of why they should be thrown in front of fans regardless of demons. That's a terrible example and exactly why people should ignore your sentiments every time you talk about this subject.
Why? It's not like he's wrong. I didn't see Scott Hall, X-Pac or Teddy Hart in that list. They've pushed people to their limits. Funny enough, people do wish the best for Scott. And Pac is much calmer. Basically, what you are saying is we should ostracize people because of their pasts, right? Let them dwell in the pools of their miseries because it's unethical to give them vehicles to reform themselves, right?

Would... Wait, when did Benoit use drugs? Steroids? Well Steiner is still getting checks. No mortuary for him though. It's pretty bigot-like of yourself to actually push a man to the side because he used to do drugs. Everyone has a right to turn himself around even if it's for the 4th or 5th time. If you were right about this kind of thing, I would be able to keep bums from even getting into my restaurant before they start asking for money.
Since we've done this before, I'll make this short and sweet. Hypothetically, are you willing to support TNA's bring back Jeff Hardy if you knew that he'd relapse and be dead within 2 years? Are those two years as a fan worth him losing the rest of potentially a longer life?
Well WWE cut Eddie Guerrero the same slack. He was a roaring success after the 3rd time. Why is Jeff any different? Wait, that's right. He's not. He's still a human being with every right to succeed. And yes, if you ask. Matt Hardy has just as much a right to return once his own life returns to order, even if he still has a potbelly. This isn't a public relations thing. It's a "how can we fix our lives if we are denied redemption" thing. I think that's what Jeff's own story in TNA is saying at the moment, funny enough.

Not at all. I mention men both living and dead as prime examples of the fact that substance abuse is not and should not be used as a means to write off those who suffer from it, especially if those men are superstars. They should be given every opportunity they require to better their lives and continue to return to the spotlight where they're demanded by fans who pay good money to see them perform.

You missed the point the first time around and you're missing it again — this is all predicated on the assumption that Jeff is now clean, which according to your "never trust an addict" philosophy is simply impossible to achieve since after all… you can't ever trust an addict. Not once did I ever allude to or champion the idea of allowing Hardy to parade about the ring high as a kite or drunk as fuck. In fact, if he were, I'd yank him off television again were I TNA.

So again, if addicts can't be trusted, why did Shawn Michaels go on to headline WreslteMania's after all his substance abuse? What, no chance of him ever relapsing, ever? He's an addict the same as Hardy.

What about Guerrero? Hall? Batista? All the names I mentioned and then some.

Your philosophy requires that you write off addicts the moment you know they are one and bar them from ever returning because they can't be trusted. The problem with that is that in doing so you essentially alienate and bar the majority of professional wrestlers, period, which leaves you with the weakest roster of hacks and CM Punk to entertain a fan base with. With that kind of company on your hands you'd be in the unemployment line in three weeks, tops.

No, because I'd know he'd relapse and be dead in two years, which is impossible to know, making your question both stupid and irrelevant.

Would you have put Michaels at the forefront of any WrestleMania since his substance abuse issues? If the answer to that question is anything but a resounding "hell no", you are a massive hypocrite.

Why? It's not like he's wrong. I didn't see Scott Hall, X-Pac or Teddy Hart in that list. They've pushed people to their limits. Funny enough, people do wish the best for Scott. And Pac is much calmer. Basically, what you are saying is we should ostracize people because of their pasts, right? Let them dwell in the pools of their miseries because it's unethical to give them vehicles to reform themselves, right?

Would... Wait, when did Benoit use drugs? Steroids? Well Steiner is still getting checks. No mortuary for him though. It's pretty bigot-like of yourself to actually push a man to the side because he used to do drugs. Everyone has a right to turn himself around even if it's for the 4th or 5th time. If you were right about this kind of thing, I would be able to keep bums from even getting into my restaurant before they start asking for money.

Well WWE cut Eddie Guerrero the same slack. He was a roaring success after the 3rd time. Why is Jeff any different? Wait, that's right. He's not. He's still a human being with every right to succeed. And yes, if you ask. Matt Hardy has just as much a right to return once his own life returns to order, even if he still has a potbelly. This isn't a public relations thing. It's a "how can we fix our lives if we are denied redemption" thing. I think that's what Jeff's own story in TNA is saying at the moment, funny enough.

I think you are missing the point. What I'm saying, and what I've said from the begining is that "stars" don't deserve more chances because they are stars. The business has grown since the days of the guys in question and we know the effects that bad decisions can have on these guys. Call me crazy, but I'm not giving out second chances just because a guy wants one. If I'm a WWE or TNA, I'm making a guy PROVE to me that he deserves another chance. Go to rehab, do something big to show me that you are changing your life. If that happens then yes, maybe you deserve another chance. The problem I have with IDR's argument is that Jeff Hardy has done nothing of the sort but is getting a 5th chance (not a second chance because he's fucked up A LOT) because he's Jeff Hardy. Now maybe there are things we don't know. However, we do know that Jeff refuses WWE sponsored rehab after Victory Road while his brother finally took that rehab. Logic dictates that if Jeff turned down FREE rehab, he didn't go and pay for another one. Thus, all he did was sit home and when "the time was right", he came back. That's all.

My feeling is that I MIGHT support Jeff IF he ever took responsibility for his own life. REAL responsibility. If he ever went to rehab and truly got himself well, then MAYBE I could support him trying to "do it right" this time. That's the story you've seen with Eddie Guerrero. He was on the rise and he had drug problems and was fired. The reason he was able to come back was that he took steps to earn it back. Now granted, Eddie at that time wasn't as big as Jeff Hardy, but so what? A name doesn't make you better than anyone else and until we accept that, we're going to have problems.

Like I said, this redemption stuff is fine and good UNTIL Jeff relapses. Now I know that an addict is always an addict and could relapse even after going through rehab and detox and whatever else. That said, going through that stuff gives you the tools to avoid relapse if you continue to put the work in to remain sober. Jeff does not have those tools and has gone back to a place that has enabled his use for much of his adult life. That's very much a ticking time bomb.

So the moral of the story is that I do believe guys have the right to second and fifth chances IF THEY CHANGE AND IF THEY EARN IT. From what we know, Jeff has not. His brother is working to earn it though and I'd support a Matt Hardy post-rehab return more than a Jeff Hardy return because I know that Matt has done more to get well and has earned the right to redemption. Jeff hasn't and until he does, I don't believe that we all HAVE TO support him just because he made some money for someone at some point.

I think you are missing the point. What I'm saying, and what I've said from the begining is that "stars" don't deserve more chances because they are stars. The business has grown since the days of the guys in question and we know the effects that bad decisions can have on these guys. Call me crazy, but I'm not giving out second chances just because a guy wants one. If I'm a WWE or TNA, I'm making a guy PROVE to me that he deserves another chance. Go to rehab, do something big to show me that you are changing your life. If that happens then yes, maybe you deserve another chance. The problem I have with IDR's argument is that Jeff Hardy has done nothing of the sort but is getting a 5th chance (not a second chance because he's fucked up A LOT) because he's Jeff Hardy. Now maybe there are things we don't know. However, we do know that Jeff refuses WWE sponsored rehab after Victory Road while his brother finally took that rehab. Logic dictates that if Jeff turned down FREE rehab, he didn't go and pay for another one. Thus, all he did was sit home and when "the time was right", he came back. That's all.

He also finally got his legal issues sorted out. Is rehab the only way to prove someone's clean? Because if it is, I think Lindsay Lohan might have something to say about that.

The chances are not given away for free in TNA or WWE. Never have been. I guarantee you that for now all doors are open for Jeff Hardy but not for Matt. Why? Because for one, Matt's a smaller star. Therefor if either company doesn't really need him, they won't accept him. In which case it would be lack of purpose and not because he was a fat nut at some point.

Sorry, going to rehab won't prove anything to me because it's about as guaranteed a success as 10 days in jail, or just staying at home and getting used to not doing drugs.

My feeling is that I MIGHT support Jeff IF he ever took responsibility for his own life. REAL responsibility. If he ever went to rehab and truly got himself well, then MAYBE I could support him trying to "do it right" this time. That's the story you've seen with Eddie Guerrero. He was on the rise and he had drug problems and was fired. The reason he was able to come back was that he took steps to earn it back. Now granted, Eddie at that time wasn't as big as Jeff Hardy, but so what? A name doesn't make you better than anyone else and until we accept that, we're going to have problems.
Fair enough. But I don't get how you could say he shouldn't be getting the opportunity in the first place. Eddie was nothing more than midcard when McMahon let him back in. Jeff's a proven draw at this time. Is Jeff not taking the right steps now? If not, what are those step to take?

Like I said, this redemption stuff is fine and good UNTIL Jeff relapses. Now I know that an addict is always an addict and could relapse even after going through rehab and detox and whatever else. That said, going through that stuff gives you the tools to avoid relapse if you continue to put the work in to remain sober. Jeff does not have those tools and has gone back to a place that has enabled his use for much of his adult life. That's very much a ticking time bomb.
Lindsay must be a lazy bitch then. Rehab his just therapy at a resort. Military camp might be a better suggestion. It's not as effective as you make it out to be just because "it gives you the tools". What empowers you to lay off drugs is yourself. Not a therapist. If Jeff has gained that willpower after all these recent issues, then he's just as well equipped as any rehab patient.

So the moral of the story is that I do believe guys have the right to second and fifth chances IF THEY CHANGE AND IF THEY EARN IT. From what we know, Jeff has not. His brother is working to earn it though and I'd support a Matt Hardy post-rehab return more than a Jeff Hardy return because I know that Matt has done more to get well and has earned the right to redemption. Jeff hasn't and until he does, I don't believe that we all HAVE TO support him just because he made some money for someone at some point.

Then how do you earn that support? Is that not what they are doing with him now? What do you expect? Him to come in as a jobber all over again and ignore the deafening pops? You can't be certain that a person has changed unless you give them the outlet to prove themselves. That's like trying to give someone a driving license without first seeing if he can drive right. If they fail, they gotta take the test again, otherwise you can't be certain he's ready for the road. Right now, Jeff Hardy is taking a driving exam. Which he's failed several times before. We're gonna now see if he can parallel park properly.

As a recovering addict, I can tell you that I for on am 100% behind jeff. Some of you people on here just don't get how hard it is to get off these vices, 99% of the people that relapse aren't relapsing because they want to, they're relapsing because this disease is that powerful. It's not as simple as "just having the will power to stop" and so on. If it were this simple, said people wouldn't be addicts, for those that can get high and stop the next day, more power to you, but it's just not that simple for someone with the disease of addiction. Please refrain from commenting on addiction if you're too ignorant to actually understand the disease.

On a side note, @jjyanks, rehab doesn't guarantee you're going to be clean, yes it is VERY helpful in curing this disease, but people go into rehab and want to change but relapse every day. Also, if I'm not mistaken wasn't rehab part of his stipulations to avoid jail time?

While I agree with the sentiments shared by Killjoy and Bigrob in terms of rehab not always being the answer. It has to come from the person first. In order for recovery to happen, the person must first understand that he/she has a problem. And that's where the problem lies here. At no point ever have I seen, read, or remotely come across evidence that Jeff Hardy even thinks he is an addict. Not once has he ever acknowledged it. No, vague generalities in a wrestling story don't count. And while I understand that maybe it's not for me to know as I'm merely a fan, I feel like running a story purely based on him being a fuck up trying to reform would be made a whole hell of a lot better if he had a leg to stand on. That is, if he had ANY tangible evidence of taking steps towards getting better. As of now, all we have is "well he is better because he says so!" Sorry, but that's not really convincing.

So while I do understand your stance, all I want is to hear something real that Jeff Hardy has done to become better. Tell me what steps he has taken. If he has even taken step 1 (admitting he has a problem and in a very direct way "I am Jeff and I am a drug addict"), then he's done something. That's all I ask. drug addiction is serious business. I recently lost a friend to an overdose and it's not fun for anyone involved. That's why if you are a fan of someone, I'd hope you care a little about their well being because the healthier they are, the longer you will have to be a fan of theirs.

Jeff Hardy has certainly had his ups and downs, right now he is coming off of one of the biggest downs of his career and to his credit he is doing so well. I think that Jeff is a lucky sonofabitch because he has had more second chances than a fucking cat but his talent allows him to get back on that horse every single time he fucks up. I have a hard time liking Hardy because of the shit he constantly pulls but I still like him because he's extremely entertaining and talented, and he has to be or I would not be able to forgive him for that fugly TNA title belt of his. Main point here is I've had my doubts about him in the past and if he screws up again I won't be shocked but something about this one feels different and I think that Hardy is going to make good use of this fresh start and make his way back to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back