The "Hat Guy" thread

virginpusher

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well not just hat guy but also faithnomore guy and sign guy

Does anyone have any pictures of them or capture stills from video? I am looking to show my brother and i cant come up with anything for some odd reason.

Here is info for those that dont know...

There were several distinctive fans that were always in the front row at ECW shows. Among them were Sign Guy, Hat Guy (also known in the Philidelphia area as Straw Hat) and Faith No More Guy. They gained their respective nicknames because Sign Guy always had different creative signs with him, Hat Guy always wore a straw hat and Hawaiian shirt, and Faith No More Guy (real name Lenny from Queens, a grocery store clerk) looked a lot like "Big" Jim Martin, former guitarist for rock band Faith No More. Regular patrons of ECW Arena events were given Club ECW status by the promotion and were able to reserve seats ahead of the general public. Many members of Club ECW were present at Shane Douglas's 2005 Hardcore Homecoming shows in Philadelphia, ECW One Night Stand and at TNA Hardcore War in June 2006.

Hahahaha...this isn't the official thread!!!

LOL...I forgot about Faith No More Guy...post pics of him!!!!

I alwayz see Hat guy(tha 1 with tha hawaiin T-Shirt nad straw hat) in tha front rwo of almost every ECW Pay-Per-View in ECW BloodSport Most Voilent mayches DVD.

God Bless Hat Guy, This guy is an absolute legend lol if anyone has hardcore homecoming listen to what he says to Kid Kash its fucking funny, Honorable mention should go to the war veteran guy that always sits next to him, Lenny was at nearly every ECW show ever lol i saw him at the pay per view when Sid beat Michaels for the wwe title in 96 i think.
Sign guy lol Love him
Another mention to the guy who used to attend ecw in 95,6,7 he had dreds would sit near hat guy and just go spastic at everything god love him

virginpusher said:
Well not just hat guy but also faithnomore guy and sign guy

Does anyone have any pictures of them or capture stills from video? I am looking to show my brother and i cant come up with anything for some odd reason.

Here is info for those that dont know...
I've followed ECW from 1992 to 2001 even when it was considered Eastern Championship Wrestling when it was owned by Tod Gordon. I attended most of there house shows and Pay Per Views in the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I traveled 8 hours from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania to Philadelphia just to see ECW. It's kind of weird how I first found out about ECW when it was first came around, but I have some friends that live in Philadelphia and I went up there to visit them and we were all wrestling fans of different wrestling promotions, so my friend noticed ECW and said we should check it out, so ever since the first time I went to see ECW I was hooked on the wrestling product. I don't care what negative things people have to say about ECW. Nothing beats a live ECW show. I don't care if you mention WWE, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, etc... still nothing beats ECW. I was there for it all even when Paul Heyman first came to ECW at Ultra Clash in 1993 up until the end. I unfortunately missed the 2 Hardcore Homecoming reunion shows, because I had to work, but I really wanted to go.

There was 2 different Sign Guys during ECW from 1992 - 2001. Most will remember Lou D'Angeli the Sign Guy who dressed up like the Dudleys. I met mostly every wrestler and got there autographs over the years. I have almost every ECW event on tape, so Vince McMahon can keep his ECW video Library. I have alot of items from ECW some rare some not. I have many pictures of ECW and some of both Sign Guys, Hat Guy, Faith No More Guy, etc.. I'll have to look through them and try to find them, but I don't think that will be problem. A few friends and I were apart of Club ECW, so we always called in head of time to try to get decent seats.

If you have any questions about ECW just ask.

kapp Thats awesome man. Its good to hear about those diehard guys that really supported the scene. I had always wanted to go to the shows because the atmosphere looked intense.

I think from as far as my memory goes there were 4 milwaukee shows i knew about and sadly i missed them all. I strive to make an appearence at the october show that is going to be a taping here.

I'd be curious to see any of those pictures if you are willing to share them ;) It sounds like a great experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back