The greatest Wrestlemania of all time

Ashw825

Dark Match Winner
The question I'm going to ask you guys is simple. With Wrestlemania 29 coming up, I am going to ask you guys what the greatest Wrestlemania of all time? I am going to take an analysis on the Wrestlemania's that I have seen. I have seen from 16 onwards. I have obviously seen the standout matches themselves but not seen any of the full events before 16. I am going to put the Mania's from 16 in order.

13th- Wrestlemania 16 - I hated this in my opinion. The only match I enjoyed was the triangle ladder match.

12th- Wrestlemania 27 - Everyone hates on this event a lot and I do understand why. I really enjoyed the event at the time, but when I look back, there was only one standout match, Taker vs HHH. Del Rio vs Edge was enjoyable, Rock's segments were enjoyable, Orton vs Punk is a match I think is underrated same as Rhodes vs Mysterio, Miz vs Cena was a huge dissapointment I think though and ended Mania on a sour note. I honestly think that this was an unfortunate event because it was the first Mania in years without Michaels and Money In The Bank, as well as the fact that Sheamus & Bryan were pushed of the card! Overall, the amount of crap on the show (6 man tag, Lawler vs Cole & the 8 man tag) this Mania is a lot lower than it should have been considering it was The Rock's return to Mania.

11th- Wrestlemania 18 - I always thought this was an extremely overrated event. There were good matches - Flair vs Taker, Jericho vs HHH. And there were great matches - Rock vs Hogan. However the rest of the show to me fell very flat.

10th- Wrestlemania 22 - Another event I find overrated. There were great matches on the card - Edge vs Foley, Michaels vs McMahon, the triple threat and the WWE Championship match, but to me I honestly think this is an overrated event considering what it could have been with the talent they had at the time and I don't think it should be any higher on the list.

9th- Wrestlemania 26 - I liked this event. Fantastic main event. Jericho vs Edge was good, Cena & Batista was as good as it was ever going to be. And the Legacy triple threat, HHH & Sheamus as well as Punk vs Mysterio were good additions to the card. I do however think it had possibly the worst MITB ever and underwhelming opener, and two snoozefests in the divas tag match & the Hart vs McMahon match.

8th- Wrestlemania 25 - The only reason I put this event so high is because of the Taker & HBK match. My favourite Wrestlemania match of all time whih is why I'm a little biased. I also loved the Extreme Rules match as well as the MITB match. Jericho also managed to get the best from 3 old veterans which was good.

7th- Wrestlemania 23 - I think this is an underrated event. An underrated US Title match between Benoit & MVP, an underrated MITB match, and two underrated main events. THis was a solid Wrestlemania all the way through in my opinion.

6th- Wrestlemania 24 - I loved this Wrestlemania. An underrated opener and very physical brawl between Finlay & JBL, Personally my favourite MITB of all time, The emotional rollercoaster of Flair & Michaels, the good triple threat for the WWE Title and honestly what I think is Edge's greatest match of all time.

5th- Wrestlemania 20 - I thought this event was boring as hell about halfway through the show. I thought everything for the first hour and a half was fantastic. Cena winnning the U.S Title, Rock & Sock Connection putting over Evolution & the extremely underrated Jericho vs Christian match. However from that point onwards I thought the event sucked. That was until it pulled me back in when Eddie vs Angle started. I loved the Eddie match and don't event get me started on how fantastic the Triple Threat Match was. Shawn, HHH & Benoit put on a clinic and the extremely emotional finish to the event was fitting for the 20th anniversary.

4th- Wrestlemania 28 - Wow did the first hour suck. I think on behalf of everyone, I say how dissapointed we were to see Bryan and Sheamus screwed two years in a row. However, then the End of an Era match came about. MATCH OF THE NIGHT & YEAR. When HHH pedigreed Taker following the sweet chin music I honstly thought the streak was over. Following that match we had a great match between Punk & Jericho and a great match between ROck & Cena. This was great.

3rd- Wrestlemania 21 - Look at everything that came from this event. The Eddie & Rey match was great. The first ever MITB match was awesome. I think Orton offered the most danger to Taker at Wrestlemania ever and the last time I honestl bet against Taker at Mania. Angle & Michaels put on an absolutely amazing match which everyone expected. Then we had the crowning of 2 new World Champions which dawned a new era in the WWE with Batista & Cena.

2nd - Wrestlemania 19 - I really enjoyed the triple threat divas match. The triple threat tag team match was great as well. The Michaels & Jericho match kicked things into higher gear after a great match, Hogan and Vince put on a better match than anyone would have thought. And to top it of we got the final Wrestlemania encounter between ROck & Austin which was followed by the best "wrestling" match of the night, Brock vs Angle. What a Mania which would have been the greatest if it wasn't for the next event.

1st- Wrestlemania 17 - BEST WRESTLEMANIA EVER. Every single match was enjoyable. Jericho & Regal was good. 6 man tag was good. Kane, Raven & Big Show was good. Guererro vs Test was good. Angle vs Benoit was great. Chyna vs Ivory was good. The McMahon war was great. TLC II was unbelievable. The gimmick battle royal was fun. The Undertaker & HHH put on a great brawl. The night was complete when Austin & Rock put on possibly the best main event of all time. Followed by the most shocking heel turn in WWE history. IMHO, the greatest Wrestlemania of all time.

Guys I wana know what you think ....

This question has been asked a million times before and the majority of the WZers will say WrestleMania X-Seven, maybe some will say WrestleMania X8. Every time this comes up, I always say it’s WrestleMania XIX.

My favorite Pay Per View of all time is WrestleMania XIX. It had 4 Main Events (in my opinion 5, including HBK vs. Y2J) including 2 World Title matches and 2 matches featuring Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the Rock. 2 Tag Team Title matches, a Triple Threat for the WWE Tag Titles featuring 3 great teams and a Sunday Night Heat World Tag Team Title match (how many PPVs have / had a Dark match / Sunday Night Heat match for any Championship??). It had a great Cruiserweight match to start the show with Matt and Rey. It had a really good Women’s Title match, which is just so hard to find these days, showcasing 3 very talented women. The Undertaker beat not one, but two opponents to add to his streak. Last but most definitely not least, Stacey and Torrie in a Pillow fight with two other hot chicks!! I don’t think there is any other PPV in history that tops WM XIX. There was at least one thing wrong with every other PPV ever. Even WM XIX’s “Dark” match was awesome.

World Tag Team Championship match
Lance Storm and Chief Morley (c) vs. Kane and Rob Van Dam

WWE Cruiserweight Championship match
Matt Hardy (c) (with Shannon Moore) vs. Rey Mysterio

Handicap match
The Undertaker vs. The Big Show and A-Train

Triple Threat WWE Women's Championship match
Trish Stratus vs. Victoria (c) (with Steven Richards) vs. Jazz

Triple Threat WWE Tag Team Championship match
Team Angle (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) (c) vs. Los Guerreros (Eddie and Chavo Guerrero) vs. Chris Benoit and Rhyno

Grudge match
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Pillow fight
Stacy Keibler vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Kitana Baker vs. Tanya Ballinger

World Heavyweight Championship match
Triple H (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Booker T

Street Fight
Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon

Grudge match
The Rock vs. Steve Austin

WWE Championship match
Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle

I have to mention, in this little rant / rave, the Superstars in the Title matches. Triple H, Booker T., Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar. That card was stacked from top to bottom with 20 World Champions on the card. Every match had a former, or at the time, soon to be, World Champion. I just feel that every WM after XIX had its share of let downs. WM X8 comes in a very close second in my opinion, very close.

I really have nothing else to add to this, but I just can’t say it enough. WM XIX was, is, and always will be the best WM ever.

Wrestlemania VI is still my favorite. A lot of it is nostalgia, but to this day I enjoy the colorful personalities of the time. I loved the Hogan/Warrior match. I feel the rest of the card was underrated. The promo Jake Roberts cut before his match with the Million Dollar Man was one of the best promo's I've ever seen. And Andre's face turn still gets me as pumped up as it did back in the day. There's not one match I skip even though no match on the under card could be considered a masterpiece. Still the characters were captivating, unlike many current superstars. I think I may dust off the old VCR and watch my original ppv recording right now.

Good thread, but asking me this is like asking which bands do I like better. NOFX, Bad Religion, or Strung Out?.......or asking me if I like Subway or Quizno's more. LOL So I'll have to break it down to you from the different eras.

The Golden Era Wrestlemania 6. Technically my first mania that got me hooked on wrestling and the WWE and I was honored to be there at the Skydome for it.

The New Generation Wrestelmania 10. Solid curtain jerk opener match, the first and only double championship match that I recall and a memorable ladder match.

The Attitude Era Wrestlemania 13. The submission match was awesome with the double turn afterwards, I was happy to see Taker get a lengthy 2nd run with the title. I actually enjoyed it. Honorable mention goes to 14 as well.

Ruthless Agression Wrestlemania 20. A well stacked card, with a new tradition of having a HOF segment, the return of the dead man, the WWE Championship match and the World HEavyweight title match from start to finish. A lot of Wrestlemania moments.

PG/Modern ERA Wrestlemania 26. Bret Hart coming back was awesome even though for most of the match he was dominating Vince it was still nice to see him in a WWE ring. The 2 top company men feuding for the WWE Championship was a nice touch, and Shawn Michaels' last match was awesome to.

This question has been asked a million times before and the majority of the WZers will say WrestleMania X-Seven, maybe some will say WrestleMania X8. Every time this comes up, I always say it’s WrestleMania XIX.

And it will be asked a million more. You don't have to answer it every time. No one came on here wondering what you thought. Get over yourself, stupid. It's a fun topic for people who don't live on this site. Idiot.

Now on to people who don't wear Stone Cold pajamas and read this site all day...

I loved the Golden Era. WM 3-8 were my favorites. To pick one, I will say IV. Battle Royal, Tournament, title matches, comedy match, Hogan didn't win, Bob Uecker...I loved it. Lots of matches with feuds and reason behind them.

I'm going with WrestleMania 19. A fantastic event from every perspective, from in-ring action to "big time" feeling to storylines. I've always found WrestleMania 17 to be extremely overrated, in my opinion 19 is clearly a superior show and the best WrestleMania of all time.

In terms of impact on the industry the answer is Wrestlemania 1. If it fails, then, well, the F/E fail. In terms of the most memorable, the answer is Wrestlemania 3. The F/E turned a new corner with that event and its impact is still felt today. In terms of changing history, it's got to be Wrestlemania 20, which is likely the last to take place at MSG. In terms of pure top to bottom entertainment, the only answer is X-7. Amazing show without a dull moment.

wrestlemania 19 was a great one for me, loved almost all the matches on the card and provided some great entertainment. One of my all time favourite moments from any wrestlemania's though has to be JoMo's moonsault with the ladder during the money in the bank ladder match at wrestlemania XXIV

In terms of impact on the industry the answer is Wrestlemania 1. If it fails, then, well, the F/E fail. In terms of the most memorable, the answer is Wrestlemania 3. The F/E turned a new corner with that event and its impact is still felt today. In terms of changing history, it's got to be Wrestlemania 20, which is likely the last to take place at MSG. In terms of pure top to bottom entertainment, the only answer is X-7. Amazing show without a dull moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WMXX was also interesting in hindsight, because of how a great main event is now never mentioned, because of who won the match.

Also, both champs were dead a few years later.

WrestleMania XIX is my favorite, but my bias plays a large part in this. Rock is my favorite wrestler and seeing him finally beat Austin was something I wanted for so long. Also, Angle and Brock are not too far behind Rock when it comes to my favorite. I loved the build to their match and the match itself would have been perfect had it not been for the ending, but still it gives the match an interesting story and something that will always be remembered. Jericho/Shawn just puts the icing on the cake for me.

Got agree with a lot of people on here, XIX was brilliant, as was X-7 and X-8, mainly because of the Austin and Rock feud and also the TLC match, I can't remember which year as both of Mania's kind of come together in my mind and I can't tell one apart from the other

WrestleMania 8 was my favorite of all time. I have some bias because it was my first WM. Savage vs Flair was a amazing feud and the match was great. Epic ending. Hogan/Sid was a good feud and I enjoyed the Warriors return at the end. Piper vs Hart was a once in a lifetime match. Top 3-4 IC matches in history. HBK started his singles run. LOD debuted. Taker/Roberts was good. I even enjoyed the 8 man. Amazing WM at a time where the roster was the most stacked.

WrestleMania X7 is a close 2nd. Classic by Angle/Benoit, the best TLC match ever (never been a fan of this style but I enjoyed this match), Regal/Y2J was a great opener, HHH/Taker was a good brawl, and of course the main event Austin/Rock was one of the best WM main events ever. The build was perfect and I couldn't see either one of them losing. I put it in the same category as WM6 Hogan/Warrior.

Honorable Mentions go to:
WMX: Any card with 2 Bret Hart matches is hard to not call great. HBK/Razor set the tone for the new generation.

WMVI:The atmosphere, action, and main event was great.

WMXIX: Stacked card from top to bottom

Im an old school fan but I cant argue with WM 17 being the greatest ever. However, WM 7 and 10 are extremely underrated.

WM 10 was the first I remember watching on VHS and was how I was introduced to the WWE. Bret vs Owen was the match of the night. Yes, even better than the HBK-Ramon Ladder Match. These two Canadian stallions put on a wrestling clinic not seen since their days in Stampede Wrestling. The rest of the card was pretty underwhelming but those two matches set the standard.
Everyone has already said X-Seven, which is my favourite. No need to dig further.
And although it was a pretty lousy card, WM15 was the first I watched live on PPV, leaving an everlasting impression on my life.

And although it was a pretty lousy card, WM15 was the first I watched live on PPV, leaving an everlasting impression on my life.

I can totally understand that. WM 16 (err 2000) was the only Wrestlemania I've attended...but I can't say the same. It sucked..

I've watched wrestling since I was a young boy...Around 1987. However, my parents did not want me watching wrestling...so I would go to my buddy's house across the street and LISTEN to it. That's right...back in the days of scrambled PPV channels where you couldn't watch it, but could hear it perfectly. Almost made it more exciting in a way..

The first Wrestlemania I was able to watch LIVE on PPV was WM 12. That was amazing at the time...and something I'll never forget.

WrestleMania X-7 because it was a near flawless show.

From top to bottom... From Regal/Jericho, Benoit/Angle, TLC2, Shane vs Vince (very underrated street fight, in my opinion), Taker/HHH (my favourite of the three encounters they've had), and of course Rock/Austin at the height of both of their popularity.

I just named six main event calibre matches. And the rest of the card wasn't too shabby either. Eddie/Test, Raven/Kane/BigShow hardcore match (an actual hardcore match without the 24/7 nonsense), gimmick battle royal.

Other events have a lot of bright spots. But Mania X-7 was from top to bottom, the most consistent, well worked card. And it could only be topped by the two biggest superstars of the last 10 years, Rock and Austin. The only blemish I'd put on it was it was unnecessary to turn Austin heel. I think they lost a lot of steam after this event with a heel Austin and with The Rock gone on hiatus.

This is tough to say one favorite. I'd probably have to go with Wrestlemania 8 because it just has it all. I love Flair, Heenan, and Perfect working together. Macho Man is my favorite Wrestler and this is definitely one of his better moments winning the title from Flair. The Taker vs Roberts match in my opinion is one of the best/coolest Taker matches of all time. I prefer old school Taker and him tombstoning Jake the Snake is just a huge moment. The fans were already getting on Taker's side but him beating a legend in such fashion was shocking. Piper vs Hart. It gets NO better than that. I actually enjoy the beginning of Sid Hogan A LOT. I think it is one of Hogan's best entrances ever the way the music keeps playing as he is kicking Sid's ass.

Wrestlemania IV I love as well as V, VI and VII. I can't even decide on my second favorite. I would probably say Wrestlemania IV just because it is sort of the beginning of Mega Powers, and maybe Macho's best moment. It is a little long though.

I know everybody loves Wrestlemania III but there is something just too old school about that card to me. For some reason there are just a lot of matches on the card that don't interest me other than Macho and Steamboat and Hogan and Andre. I've got to give the show another shot and try to get into some of the guys/character's that I don't like. And I've only seen the Macho Steamboat a time or two and it is obviously known as one of the best matches ever.

I put in Wrestlemania IV which i Haven't seen in awhile and so far it is great. Kinda fast forwarded to the end of the battle royal but liked the finish with Bad News, Bret Hart, and JYD. Wish the Fabulous Rageaus would have been in the end...

Dibiase with virgil and Andre vs Duggan was pretty entertaining and onto Greg the Hammer vs Steamboat. Wish Steamboat won this match but I am started to like the Hammer. Also there was a good Brutas promo done by Mene Gene and a good Honky Tonk and Jimmy Hart promo done by Bob Euchre! Good stuff. No sign of Macho yet either.

Also it still surprises me that Vince decided to give this tournament win to Macho Man. Why not Hogan??? Love it. Also in my opinion Mega Powers is the pinnacle of the WWE. Hogan Macho and Liz was the best trio ever. Anyone remember the montage of those 3 before the Mega Powers vs Twin Powers match???

I am looking at WM III card now. It actually looks better than I remembered as far as the undercard goes. Having such a great time watching IV I will watch III one of these next few days. Hart Foundation six man tag and the Rowdy Piper hair match has be intrigued. Also the Barber and Hammer dream team might be an interesting match vs the rougeau bros. I was definitely sleeping on the undercard a bit.

I loved the tournament aspect of Mania 4, but the problem was there were a lot of quick not so goo matches. I thought the ending was brilliant with Savage pulling it off. I would say it is my favorite, but not the best. Mania 10 is another that I think is up near the top. I have go go with the majority and say Mania 17. It was almost perfect. TLC 2, Angle/Benoit. The McMahon's, and the stellar main event. You just don't get much better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back