• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Greatest Turn In Character Ever.

You giys have brought up some good ones, Hogan sticks out for me and Shean micheals because i was a huge rockers fan. Bret hart I don't consider a heel turn because I'm canadian lol and the US does look like a toilet bowl lol just throwing that out there. But i did want to give notable mention to a couple that stick to my memory:

Andre the Giant brfore Wrestlemania 3 was very important to the mythos of hulk hogan.

And come on people no mention of Rick "The model" Martel turning on Tito Santana at Wrestlemania 5. lol i know not that big but I was young and liked strike force.

Hogan's turn was definitely the best one...ever. No one saw it coming. Total shock...no internet. I didn't watch WCW, but I sure as hell did after his turn...

Taker's turn on Jake Roberts is another one. His turn when he made JR kiss Vince's ass was surprising too. I thought Taker was hilarious throughout his Big Evil run...with the haircut too...

The Rock turning into The Corporate Champion was a good one.

Triple H turning on HBK after a 2 minute DX reunion.

Not considering the super big turns, such as Austin/Hart, or Hogan/n.W.o., I'd have to go with this list.

Shawn Michaels: From Rocker to Heartbreaker. It single handedly made one career, and destroyed another. With one Superkick to an unsuspecting friend, through a plate-glass window, it shoved Shawn into a great heel role of a cocky young up-start, and practically (no pun intended) shattered the hopes and dreams of Marty Jannetty.

Paul Bearer: Dispite the Undertaker being brought in by Brother Love, and managed by Ted DiBiase, it was always Paul Bearer who people link to Taker as his sole manager, for the most part. So when Bearer turned on Taker, in favor of siding with Taker's (arguably) toughest rival, Mankind, it shocked the wrestling world almost as much as the Hogan heel turn.

Stephanie McMahon: Honestly, to me, this was better than the Hogan/n.W.o. swerve, or the Austin/Hart double turn in one night angle. Stephanie turning on her own Father, to side with the one guy that her Father truly hated, that she "hated"?!

She was "madly in love" with Test. Triple H. drugs her, marries her against her will, and then fights her Father in a Street Fight.. only to have her turn on her Dad, siding with her "husband". It was the single greatest move in wrestling history, that allowed for the McMahon-aire to succeed in following in her Father's footsteps, by becoming an interesting component within the company.

Undertaker turning into Big Evil was quite shocking. When he ran down all the legends and then himself and made J.R. kiss Vince's ass. Started destroying people, had a great feud with Flair in my opinion. I mean I know it didn't work out that well in the long run and he just quietly turned back to face, but still, was quite a shock to see.

The Undertaker's first face-turn in 1992. Saving Randy Savage & Elizabeth from a behind-the-curtain chair shot by Jake Roberts. Lost in the annals of wrestling history, I guess. But memorable enough for me.

not mentioned and kind of unexpected. scott steiner's heel turn where he unloaded on rick before a match. i dont know that one always seems to get to me *shrugs*

you guys are forgetting edge heel to super heel turn last summer slam was that not the
best he went from coward champion to ape shit for that hell in a cell match um saphire turn was funny if you have the summerslam collection check out as well as andre the giants turn there are a bunch from other promotions to but let not for get shawn micheals turn when he form dx and bret hart's when reuniting the hart foundation hey i want to make my own thread how can i do that?

Although it only lasted for a few months, The Rock's heel turn in 2003 was great, he had 3 huge matches on consecutive PPV's with Hogan, Austin & Goldberg. Also, the comedy with the skits with The Hurricane and the "Rock Concerts" were really funny. It didn't really get the reaction it was supposed to I guess, since he was still cheered most of the time, but it was entertaining as hell.

Hogan going mega heel after being mega face was pretty epic. Didn't see that coming :)

Bret's heel turn ya could see coming given the situation

HBK was already a heel and only briefly a face b4 forming DX. so that was no suprise.

Andre turning on Hogan and going heel was pretty epic too, given he was basically a mega-face for atleast 4yrs prior to that.

Austin turning on the Rock and siding with Vince McMahon. i mean common that writes it self into major turns. Austin and McMahon working together

Undertaker attacking JR and becoming the Big Red Evil.

people change alignment atleast once every 3 yrs, well least that was the avg, and ther e were lots of history making changes in alignment but most were predictable

the above were just the ones that stood out

Ive watched WWE for many years but im gonna have to go with something WWE has done recently. WWE has done something amaizing with Chris Jericho like hes dropped every characteristic that made him popular and everybody now hates the guy thats how a proper heel turn should be done

Ok everybody is talking about the initial shocking moment where one guy turns on another and turns heel. I believe that the best turns are the ones that totally change the character of a wrestler. For example when HHH turned face in 2006 it really didn't change that much of his character. Sure he stopped fighting dirty and would fight for honour and dignity but that comes with the turn. HHH was still HHH. He was still vicious and ruthless with an extreme desire to be world champion.

So as already stated many times the Hogan heel turn is definitely the best one because it had both the incredibly shocking moment and the total change in character. Hogan was a role model and almost a super hero to so many people who had grown up watching Hulkamania run through countless heels standing up for what was right. Then he turned heel and people were filled with rage and felt sick.

However i really think that the latest heel turn of Chris Jericho will go down as one of the greatest ever. Maybe it didn't have the shocking moment that other heel turns have because it was obvious that he was going to turn heel after he wasn't getting the crowd reaction that he should have been. But look at what has happened to Jericho, everything that made him popular is gone (as said by Paul Heyman in his latest article) and we're lest with this disgusting human being. During his previous heel turns there were still aspects of Y2J that hung around like his entrace or his promos that were still energetic although they were more crazy (eg "King of the world!!")but we've got a totally different Chris Jericho now.

This huge change in character will put Jerichos heel turn as one of my favourites.

Paul Bearer: Dispite the Undertaker being brought in by Brother Love, and managed by Ted DiBiase, it was always Paul Bearer who people link to Taker as his sole manager, for the most part. So when Bearer turned on Taker, in favor of siding with Taker's (arguably) toughest rival, Mankind, it shocked the wrestling world almost as much as the Hogan heel turn.

Can't believe I forgot about Paul Bearer's turn. I was there and I remember the crowd being totally silent out of shock. Being 10 at the time, I was highly upset. This would probably be top 5 in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back