• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The greatest Tag Team of all time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW_Hart86

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ever since the recent Hall of Fame inductees this year, I've heard a lot of people referring to the Legion of Doom or The Road Warriers (whatever you wanna call them) as the greatest Tag Team of all time!

Quote from The Miz, "Really?" "Really?"

Now it's not that I don't think they were good, they were one of the best Tag Teams in pro wrestling history without a shadow of a doubt. Certainly in the top 5, but I wouldn't say they were the absolute best of all time. My pick for the best Tag Team of all time would have to be Edge & Christian closely followed by The Hart Foundation. The New Age Outlaws would also be in that list if they hadn't turned intot a couple of a**holes as they demonstrated in the video posted with the HHH being overated thread!

Thoughts???

Eliminators usually pop into my mind when this discussion comes around. They were a great combo of sizes, styles and the straight man gimmik of Saturn played off really well the Kronus being a wacko.

Legion of Doom had titles from The AWA, WWF, WCW, NWA, Japan, won many countless tournaments and were leaders in paving the way for future tag teams. Hawk and Animal were the BEST tag team. Hands down. No argument...

Edge and Christian only won the tag titles in a 1 year time span. That's it. And plenty of them were short reigns.

There are so many tag teams I'd pick, and so many more that I haven't seen any or much of to really have an idea where I'd place them.

LOD/Road Warriors were a draw and were just awesome. But I also loved matches from Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, the Midnight Express, Rock n Roll Express, Hart Foundation, The Rockers, Bulldogs and many more.

Those teams didn't need to fall off of ladders and through tables to have a great match by the way. (not saying the Hardyz, E&C, and Dudlezy couldn't or didn't, but the are mostly known for those matches and not regular two on two).

Plus in 2007 the Hardyz had some great tag matches with MNM and Cade/Murdoch.

I am with doorag, The ROAD WARRIORS are the BEST tag team Ever. They changed the tag team game. When experts talk tag teams they are the first team that comes to mind.

no tag team was more over with the fans than the Road Warriors. they drew everywhere they went and they won every where they went. like ric flair, they are on a level by themselves. Hawk and Animal=Greatest Tag Team of all time and to question it is rediculous. but there always has to be a contrarian i suppose. even to the easiest debates in the world.

While I agree that the Road Warriors were a great team and are easily top 5 overall, I believe that the Steiner Brothers were the greatest team of all time. If you go back and watch their matches from the late 80s and early 90s, they had great matches with the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Rock and Roll Express, and Doom. Sure their run in WWF wasn't too memorable but that is because they only had crappy teams to feud with (Quebecers, Beverly Brothers, etc)

While LOD are one of the best teams in history, and I respect what they did. I would have to say that, imo, The Steiner Brothers were the best team. Back before Scott got all roided up, he and Rick were unstoppable.

no love for the dudley boys (team 3D) seriously held titles everywhere more than almost all other teams i'll bet.

This is hard I can't pick one, but I'll list them and give a reason.

My personal favorite of all time:

The Steiner Brothers - In Japan, WCW and NOT WWF or TNA, they have made some of the greatest tag team matches ever, their move set were awesome.

The British Bulldogs - Technical Powerhouse teams with Technical High Flyer, very rare for WWF in the 80s. They made great matches together.

The Hart Foundation - Very technical tag team that made awesome matches in WWF in the 80s, also rare.

LOD - Made a lot of good matches together, but nothing special, they were a cool tag team, and they had a lot of intensity which I went crazy for.

The Rockers - Exciting Tag Team, high flying was not great in WWF in the 80s, so these guys were something special.

Edge and Christian - Loved their matches, they cracked a lot of great jokes, and they were very extreme!

The Hardy Boyz - They were exciting and extreme.

The Dudleyz - More or less the same as Edge and Christian, except less funny than Edge and Christian, less exciting than The Hardy Boyz but NOT less extreme. Also, they made some DAMN good matches.

The New Age Outlaws - Not the most talented wrestlers, but a lot of charisma they had.

Best of the PG Era

John Morrison and The Miz, I cannot obsessing how awesome this tag team was, during the unfortunate glut in WWE of Tag Team wrestling.

Well it depends on what your criteria is for the greatest. If we're talking titles you have to go with the Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, or Team 3D*(because they won the wcw titles without actually being in WCW). I'd give the slight nod to the Steiners only because of in ring ability.
But if wer're talking about the most talent in ring tag team overall, I'd have to go with the Midnight Express(Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton), Harlem Heat, or Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson. These three teams took teamwork to another level. They had great ring psychology, great mic skill, and they are the standard of what a tag team should be. Personally, I like the Heat or the Express but Blanchard & Anderson were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back