The greatest match never held on PPV?

Actually it was 05

Mien choice would be Morrison vs Mysterio from Smackdown when Rey had to give up the title due to being busted. These to guys laid it all down to give a hella a show for everybody watching and they accomplished just exactly that.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xae59k_john-morrison-vs-rey-mysterio-part_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xae5a5_john-morrison-vs-rey-mysterio-part_sport

Sorry there were no proper youtube videos of this match except for highlights.

couldn't agree more, this was the match that made me a morrison fan, why this wasn't higher on the match of the year ranking is beyond me, this match was 25 minutes of pure nonstop action with near fall after near fall, each man's finisher failed once and then morrison finally came out on top, great, great match

My mind was set on brock, thinking he always had great matches at smackdown close to ppv quality. Well the best for me as the iron man with kurt, but then again they faced each other in PPV. So second best is, Benoit vs Brock for title and benoit feinted. For me this match would beat any match after shawn vs taker II in WWE, in PPV or anything later on.

how about when Mankind won the WWF title? that was a big night for RAW. yes Eric Bishoff tried to ruin it for him (low blow to a past employee..) but i watched it anyway, and was definitely a PPV worthy match. the only other one i dont think i saw in here was HHH/Austin vs Jericho/Benoit. always been a fan of all 4 these men, so throw them together at once, and wow. math of the year quality

I just want to say something about the Jeff Hardy/'Taker match. That match HAD to happen on TV. Jeff Hardy was in no way a believable contender for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship. That match was Hardy standing up for himself after getting his ass kicked by the Undertaker. Had it been announced for PPV it would have been a disappointment to hear at the time.

Cena/Michaels was accidental magic. Orton had been sent home after a incident. I don't think WWE had there whole roster so Cena/Micheals pretty much had to make up the difference in time.

I would have liked to see Morrison/Punk have been a PPV match. I know it had been for 3 straight PPV's, but that match was special. We knew Punk had to win because of Morrison's suspension but it still came about amazing with Punk finally winning the ECW championship which had been billed as his last chance. I think it could have been booked nicely as an undercard main event.

The best PPV match would probly be either Triple H vs Mick Foley street fight at Royal Rumble 2000 or Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle at Summerslam.

Little side opinion my favorite WWF Heat match had to be Maven vs. Triple H wierd to say but watch it it was actually good! By the way the Orton incident you are thinking of is when he trashed the Hotel room causing like $10,000 in damages

This question is really based on opinion so really it's asking what is the best match we have seen on live television that we thought was pay-per-view worthy. Now mine is the same as many other posters before me in which they also agree with The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE title in a Ladder Match. But I am here to give my reasoning as to why I enjoyed this match so much.

Hardy was getting more popular on his own as a midcard performer and the crowd was really starting to get behind him. Then you had the big, mean badass in the The Undertaker who had won the title from Hogan, destroyed various face wrestlers (including Triple H), and Hardy was his latest victim of bullying. Week in and week out the same ass kicking Hardy would receive courtesy of Taker, until he got fed up with the bull shit and challenged Taker to defend his title in his (Hardy's) match, and that being the Ladder Match.

The build up in itself was good enough to be a pay-per-view title match, but the match that was delivered on that very RAW of 2002 was top notch. Great spots in the right places to give the match that trademark excitement that Ladder matches generally have. Both guys worked tremendously together and the fact that during the match they made you think "Wow Taker is gonna get his comeuppance, this truly is Hardy's match and he is gonna pull it off here tonight". They made you believe this when Hardy was just a mere midcard wrestler and no where near the status he was at during the end of his final tenure with the WWE. The booking couldn't have been better.

Know what I find funny is this forum is titled best PPV matches and everyone is talking about Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker(which was good i was thinking about it the other day wierd to say). But this ain't the Jeff Hardy Undertaker Ladder match thread

I would have to say TLC 4(i think) on Smackdown with The Hardys,The Dudleys,Edge & Christian, and Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit winning.

I think that match was the last of its kind and it was a great one to see.

"Think About It":)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back