• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Fallen Angel: A Theo Masterpiece

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
I really liked how the below sig turned out and I figured I'd share with you on how I did it. Plus I'd love to hear what you guys think about how the piece turned out and if you like or not and what you would change. So I present to you, Justin Gabriel!

11ayd0m.png

First off I grabbed the newest render of Gabriel off of PSD dreams. I liked the picture and since it was new it was a picture I haven't seen used in a sig before. The rest is pretty simple. I first found two screenshots from this past Monday's Raw of Gabriel preparing for the 450. I cropped them and merged them together and set them as the background. Next I took some galaxy and star brushes and used the Nexus colors of black and yellow along with white. I placed them through and then set it on Linear Dodge. I also added the dot layer over top of the background. I then made a new layer and placed it as the top layer of the sig. I then applied the image. What this does is it makes a layer of everything that I've done so far. I then smart sharpened the layer to make it stand out more and I set this layer on Lighter Color. Then I found an old font that I loved and decided it looked really nice with this piece. The font is Boombox and I set it as yellow colored with a black trim at 2 and a outer shadow. I decided that it stuck out too much and dropped the opacity to blend it better with the sig. Finally I added a yellow border at 4 px (center) and then topped it with a 2 px black border (center).

And there ya have it. So tell me siggers and viewers, whatcha think?

I really love it.

The only real criticism I can think of is the pictures used for the backround. They're both of him up on the ropes. Just in different positions. It would probably be better to have one of them be him actually executing the splash. Other than that personal preference, it's a masterpiece.

It's freaking awesome...
Very well created, the colors fit very well and the top rope images looks fantastic...

However the main pic should have been worked, at least a bit in levels, just to add a little bit of darker!!
Fantastic!!

What's up with the dot pattern on top of the background? I like the idea and the images you used, but those dots...those damn dots. They're killing the feel of the entire sig, at least for me. Gabriel's main render looks too bright too imo, maybe just try a simple ctrl+j and set it to overlay or multiply with lowered opacity. Solid work though, I'm sure it looks great behind that damn dot pattern, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back