The Expendables 3 Speculation Thread

It wouldn't surrise me if Willis' star power has gone to his head. But then again, it's not like he needs it. For all we know, he had something else going on and would only break those plans for another million. Another movie perhaps? Who knows besides him? I, for one, don't care that much. If him dropping out means we get Harrison Ford in the movie, then I'm actually glad. These movies are more about nostalgia than anything. And seeing Ford mix it up with the other action stars of (mostly) old is well worth it.

So Antonio Banderas and Mel Gibson have joined the cast, and from what I've read in other places, Mel Gibson playing the main villain is a surefire guarantee at this point.

I’ve confirmed that Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas have joined The Expendables 3, the Millennium Entertainment pic that already picked up Harrison Ford to add to the cast that has begun to resemble the Old Timers Day game held annually at Yankee Stadium. Sylvester Stallone continues to bring in aging action muscle for the franchise he hatched back in 2010. Why Stallone and Millennium continue to ignore Jeff Speakman and Brian Bosworth is beyond me, and they seem to be about the only action heroes who haven’t joined the beefcake brigade. Is Sly saving them for a fourth movie?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/mel-gibson-antonio-banderas-join-expendables-3/

So until Stallone and others add someone else, this is the cast lineup for part 3:

Mel Gibson
Antonio Banderas
Sylvester Stallone
Milla Jovovich
Jet Li
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Kellan Lutz (I'm not really familiar with this guy at all, and he's still in the "in talks" phase, but it looks like he'll be joining the cast soon enough)
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Randy Couture
Wesley Snipes
Jackie Chan
Terry Crews
Steven Seagal

Mel Gibson playing the villain! Antonio Banderas joins cast! Somebody clearly isn't aware of Machete Kills.

Now it's just getting silly. Save some for The Expendables 4, guys. At this rate they'll need The Rock sooner than expected.

I'd hope that the stacked cast means that the villains will put up a bit more of a fight than they have in the last 2 films. While they were somewhat enjoyable, there was quite an imbalance between the heroes and the villains when it came to star power.

Gibson, Banderas, Snipes and Seagal are the 4 names who could make fairly entertaining villains. I initially thought Li should join the villains so that Jackie Chan and he could have a fight that people have wanted to see, but if Lundgren turned on The Expendables then maybes Li phones up Chan for an assist.

Jovovich is another i would put with the villains, though I wonder if her inclusion means another female brought in for her to fight, or if she is going to go one-on-one with one of the guys.

Fuck me, Wesley Snipes and Mel Gibson? Are they making a film or reforming the Gestapo?

It doesn't matter who's in it. It will tank in the reviews, and then triple its budget at the box office.

I'd hope that the stacked cast means that the villains will put up a bit more of a fight than they have in the last 2 films. While they were somewhat enjoyable, there was quite an imbalance between the heroes and the villains when it came to star power.

Gibson, Banderas, Snipes and Seagal are the 4 names who could make fairly entertaining villains. I initially thought Li should join the villains so that Jackie Chan and he could have a fight that people have wanted to see, but if Lundgren turned on The Expendables then maybes Li phones up Chan for an assist.

Jovovich is another i would put with the villains, though I wonder if her inclusion means another female brought in for her to fight, or if she is going to go one-on-one with one of the guys.

They better have a female counterpart for Jovovich. What's a cliched action movie without a fight between two attractive women? (Hello Fast 6)

There definitely is more people in this movie than I anticipated. It might come off as a complete mess.

I had no idea Wesley Snipes was in this movie. Or I just overlooked it. If the backstory involves tax fraud, we have a clear cut villain.

I never thought about this. Then again, I never try and think too much during an Expendables film. But yeah, you're right especially in the first one, with Stone Cold running around as a lackey. Although, I thought Jean-Claude Van Damme was a slight upgrade in part two. If Banderas and Gibson are teaming together, then I think it could help the imbalance of power problem.

But Jake makes a good point about Machete Kills coming up. From looking at the recent trailer, you have to assume Gibson and Banderas will be playing the same type of villains in The Expendables 3. And if that actually happens, it'll be a big buzzkill for the antagonist side of #3.

They better have a female counterpart for Jovovich. What's a cliched action movie without a fight between two attractive women? (Hello Fast 6)

Gina Carano? I'll be the first to admit, I know jack shit about her MMA career, but she's popular enough to warrant a spot as a foil to Milla. And she wasn't bad in Haywire.

I had no idea Wesley Snipes was in this movie. Or I just overlooked it. If the backstory involves tax fraud, we have a clear cut villain.

Yeah, Snipes of all people needs this. Have you seen the trailer for his latest movie Gallowwalkers (which co-stars DDP by the way)? It's supposed to be some horror/western, and my god it looks terrible.

So they released a look into the plot and the finalized cast list today.

Here’s your official The Expendables 3 lineup: Returning Expendables Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be joined by fellow action vets Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, and Harrison Ford. New recruits include Kellan Lutz, MMA star Ronda Rousey, welterweight boxing champion Victor Ortiz and Glen Powell. If you missed Sly’s sly tweeting last week, Bruce Willis is out of the franchise — and how. Mel Gibson is aboard as Conrad Stonebanks, Barney’s (Stallone) ex-Expendables co-founder who’s back with a personal mission of vengeance to end the mercenary gang. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) is directing from a script by Creighton Rothenberger & Katrin Benedikt (Olympus Has Fallen) and Stallone. Filming begins today in Bulgaria with almost exactly a year until Lionsgate releases the pic on August 15.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/stallone-co-set-final-expendables-3-cast-191823099.html

So apparently Milla, Segal, and Chan never made it past the "in talks" or verbal confirmation phases. A story about that:

Fans who were hoping Jackie Chan would make an appearance in The Expendables 3 are probably suffering from a severe bout of disappointment right about now. Sylvester Stallone got everyone’s hopes up earlier this year when he revealed Chan had been approached for a role in the sequel. Other rumors suggested that Nicolas Cage and Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich were also in talks with producers. Unfortunately, Jackie Chan’s name was nowhere to be found on the cast list recently unveiled by The Expendables 3 producer Boaz Davidson. In fact, Cage and Jovovich were also absent from the roster. Steven Seagal, an actor who seems determined to stay in the straight-to-video world, wasn’t included on the list either. Reports suggested that the Rumble in the Bronx star was originally offered a small role in The Expendables 2. However, his commitment to Chinese Zodiac forced him to pass on the opportunity. He also said in an interview that he was interested in something a bit heftier than a brief cameo. Just because the veteran Hong Kong action hero won’t be in Stallone’s sequel doesn’t mean he’s sitting on the sidelines. Although he’s retired from hardcore stunt-oriented motion pictures, Chan still has a handful of projects currently in the cinematic oven across the pond. In addition to the next installment of his Police Story saga, the actor is currently working on director Sam Fell’s action-comedy Skiptrace. The film finds Chan co-starring alongside rising star Fan Bingbing. A release date for the film has not been announced just yet. Chan is also producing the upcoming romantic comedy Fate is a Game. Although the action hero is helping out with the film, it’s currently believed that he won’t tackle a major role. Eric Tsang, Irene Wan, and Kenneth Ma star in the flick. Are you a fan of Jackie Chan? What do you think about the veteran action hero’s absence from the Ex
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/909280/jackie-chan-expendables-3/#7yZ0bhkDiY06BsKj.99

http://www.inquisitr.com/909280/jackie-chan-expendables-3/

I think Milla gets an unfair bad rap because of the RE films, and I really wanted to see her in part three. Although, I've never cared for Segal too much, but no Chan is a huge bummer. Ronda Rousey? I don't follow MMA or UFC, and I've only seen her on TV a few times, so I can't say I know too much about her.

I think Milla gets an unfair bad rap because of the RE films, and I really wanted to see her in part three. Although, I've never cared for Segal too much, but no Chan is a huge bummer. Ronda Rousey? I don't follow MMA or UFC, and I've only seen her on TV a few times, so I can't say I know too much about her.

She cleans up pretty good, but she's no Gina Carano.

I would've liked to have seen Milla Jovovich make it, but oh well.

I'm really disappointed in Segal. All these movies are a collaboration of some of the older, great action stars and he is a big hole.

Also, you know who crossed my mind out of the blue who would be a nice addition, but nothing major? Michael Dudikoff.

Yeah, I agree. Not too many people would recognize Michael Dudikoff, but it wouldn't hurt to add him.

And maybe Segal will make the cut for 4, because I can't imagine he's doing anything significant these days. Plus, I would love to see Liam Neeson get a shot as the main villain in 4. His stock as an action guy is on the rise after the Taken films and The Grey. But I would like to see him play a more cerebral villain. You know, something similar to his Ra's al Ghul character in Batman Begins.

Rambo. The Terminator. Ivan Drago. Indiana Jones. Thus far, The Expendables 3 has been a Mount Rushmore of '80s action movie icons. But there's been a gaping hole in the mountain; a name that's clearly been missing from the Expendables series from the beginning; a void that no John McClane or Walker, Texas Ranger can fill. That gaping void in this lineup of ass-kicking excellence? Obviously none other than Dr. Frasier Crane.

Yes, Kelsey Grammer, the beloved TV shrink-turned-widely-tolerated-right-wing polemecist-turned-beloved-TV-con artist, is bringing his dry, erudite wit and flair for farce to this year's most anticipated comedy of manners, The Expendables 3. Producers reportedly wanted Nicolas Cage for the part, but clearly got the closest available substitute in Grammer. The former sitcom star will take on the role of Bonaparte, a retired mercenary who will "help the Expendables in their mission." That could mean pretty much anything from "kills thousands of henchmen with his bare hands," to "fills up their jeep with gas," but we choose to believe it involves clearing the area of rakes.

Grammer will join Antonio Banderas, Terry Crews, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzeneger, Wesley Snipes, Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, and everyone else who has ever fired a gun in a movie.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/reno...medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=imdb

Was hoping I came across some kind of cruel joke, when I found this.

In all my years of living, I can not think of a show I hated more than Frasier. Never seen the appeal in Grammer, but it sounds like his role won't be too significant, so that's a plus.

[YOUTUBE]eKTBh7_1JCI[/YOUTUBE]

It's a teaser, but they're calling this a "Roll Call." Still, it's nice to see some footage from the movie, and the full trailer should come soon enough. I imagine Harrison Ford's character will be limited to cameo status, and I'm hoping they'll give Arnie a bigger role this time. We're three films into the series, so it's safe to say Trench is a regular character now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back