• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The End of Professional Wrestling

Sean Valjean

Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Do you ever see it happening? Will pro wrestling ever come to an end?

The Wrestlemania 50 thread got me thinking about this. As I read it, the thought of a Wrestlemania just lingered with me: A Wrestlemania 50, wow. Can you really imagine a the WWE being around for another 25 years? That's a long time, and alot can happen. I'm sure it will still be around on an indy, underground level, but I'm not sure on a WWE level. Can anyone really see a Wrestlmania 100 or Bound for Glory 50?

Will pro wrestling have run it's course by then? Will people still care about watching it, supporting it? The business as a whole can be a little repetive storyline wise. Alot of ideas are re-hashed, so much has already been done. Sure, you can blame that on un-imaginative writing, but you can only come up with so many ideas for wrestling. There's a chance that your gonna run out of good ideas. The fans will notice this and might get bored with it.

UFC is already giving not just the WWE, but wrestling as a whole a run for it's money. Could this, or something similar in popularity, be the end of wrestling? Or do you see something else? If professional wrestling came to an end, what do you think would cause it and why. How would your life change if that were to happen? Do you think it will ever end and if so, how much longer do you give it and why? Your thoughts, please.

The beautiful thing about Professional Wrestling is there is more, and better promotions out there than the WWE. I actually stopped watching the WWE from 2002-2009 and just recently picked it back up, but in the meantime I was and still am a faithfull ROH fan, as well as New-Japan Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan. In Japan, Pro Wrestling is treated like a sport and generated huge revenue, they can sell out the Tokyo Dome on ANY given night and draw 60,000 people on a weekly basis. The industry in Japan is doing really well and always has, NJPW always thrives, NOAH is doing good but not great and All-Japan Pro Wrestling is doing very good for itself. I prefer Japanese puro as opposed to WWE's spectacle, but I find there is room for both, but if american wrestling shut down there is always Japan and Mexico!

I personally don't think Pro wrestling will ever come to an end. WWE & TNA might not be around in another 25 or 50 years but there are companies like JcW and ROH that would jump at the chance to take their place. There will always be fans that want to watch wrestling anyway, Parents who watch wrestling will watch it with their kids and then when the kids have children of their own they will watch it together, so on and so forth. There will always be a market for pro wrestling

Do you ever see it happening? Will pro wrestling ever come to an end?

The Wrestlemania 50 thread got me thinking about this. As I read it, the thought of a Wrestlemania just lingered with me: A Wrestlemania 50, wow. Can you really imagine a the WWE being around for another 25 years? That's a long time, and alot can happen.
Why wouldn't they be around for another 25 years? They've been around for over many many decades.

I don't think professional wrestling will ever end. Will companies rise and fall? Sure. Will someone knock the WWE off? Possibly. Will wrestling rise and fall in popularity? Yep. Will it ever end? I highly doubt it. There will always be an audience for pro wrestling.

The WWE has been around since it was the WWWF in 1963, hell, the NWA has been around since 1948 (even thought it's a little different now). Pro Wrestling in istelf goes back to the late 1800's with Greco-Roman wrestling going back loooong before that, so there will always be wrestling in one form or another, and as I said before, there is always Japanese Wrestling which is far better than american wrestling in my humble opinion.

I think that there will always be a need for people to watch good and evil combat one another, whatever form they may take. Pro wrestling may go back to the 1880s, and possibly earlier, but its roots of Mat grappling and fighting in general go back to the inception of mankind. As long as people are willing to pay for competition -- healthy or unhealthy, staged or real -- that form of entertainment will be around.

Back in the Roman days, Gladiators were popular. Today's wrestlers are the equivalent, without the death. Characters larger than life doing battle enthrall and intrigue us...

I think in some form it will be around, it just may not necessarily be dubbed 'wrestling' anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back