Who will finish 4th?

• Man City

• Tottenham

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Who, of the three teams that can now contest it, will end up in the 4th spot of the Premier League. With the title hotly contested and the relegation battle all done for the season, the fourth spot is the best contested spot in the league. It means a lot for both of these teams to be the eventual fourth placed team. Whoever manages it will be entered into the Champions League next season and will generally be on the rise next season. The teams that can achieve this massive feat are:

Tottenham who play:

Man City(A)
Burnley(A)

Man City who play:

Tottenham(H)
West Ham(A)

Right now, the Premier League table tells a story and right now, both teams occupy the table, leaving it like this:

Tottenham - 67 Points
Man City - 66 Points

So, even if Man City beat Tottenham at Eastlands, they still have to beat West Ham and hope that if they don't manage that, that Tottenham are beaten by struggling Burnley. At this juncture, I think I need to give the advantage to Tottenham. That one point difference will play a massive role in deciding how this race goes and Tottenham are obviously in a better place to achieve this. It looks to me as though they have the easier run-in too/ Of course, it all up for grabs.

Who do you think will get there?

One key element now is if Arsenal can manage a draw against Fulham on the final game of the season. Currently if Arsenal lose to them much like with Blackburn today, Spurs and Man City COULD wrap it up.

But going on the theory that Arsenal lock up third, I can't see Tottenham losing out on it unless Man City get the win on home turf. Both West Ham and Burnley have nothing to play for except pride, so both teams may not even bother to show up. The situation is that City have the right mentality because they will accept 4th or 5th this season while Spurs will be no doubt pumped after beating Chelsea and Arsenal along with having a decent show in at Man Utd. It's Tottenham's to lose really, unless Arsenal really do fail to even draw at Fulham which would make an epic fail to their season.

One key element now is if Arsenal can manage a draw against Fulham on the final game of the season. Currently if Arsenal lose to them much like with Blackburn today, Spurs and Man City COULD wrap it up.

Because Spurs and Man City are playing each other it's a mathematical impossibility for both to qualify for the champions league.
I really want Spurs to get 4th place but I can't see it happening. My feeling is that Man City will maul them tomorrow night.

I'm praying with all my soul that Man City get 4th. I'm a Liverpool fan while my step children's dad is a huge spurs fan. I'd hate for them to be in the camps league while we're in the europa cup, even if the'd probably get knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round by Panathanikos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back