The Elimination Chamber Returning

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's been reported on the main page and various other sites that the Elimination Chamber ppv will be making its return. While neither the date nor the brand hosting the event is revealed, the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona confirmed on Facebook that the EC ppv will make its return sometime in 2017.

The last time the event took place was on May 31, 2015 as sort of a buffer/network special that saw the formula changed. For the first time, there were Intercontinental and Tag Team Championship Chamber matches and it was most memorable for being Kevin Owens' debut match on the main roster in which he cleanly pinned John Cena.

As of right now, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a Raw brand special as it gives Raw another opportunity to do a "first ever" sort of match featuring the women. I'd rather it be a SmackDown brand show as the women of the blue brand should be brought up to an equal level of prominence next year.

I know that RAW and the Elimination Chamber have history together, but it really should be a Smackdown PPV. WWE's gimmick brand exclusive PPVs are TLC, Hell In A Cell, Extreme Rules and EC (MITB and Royal Rumble) should be dual-branded.

Smackdown has one PPV with extreme matches (TLC) and RAW has one PPV with cell matches (HIAC). So I think it's better if RAW gets Extreme Rules and Smackdown gets the Elimination Chamber, so that we can see ladder matches on RAW and cell matches on Smackdown.

I'm not sure if it's been announced which Raw PPV will be between Rumble and Mania, but I imagine it will be this seeing as a Smackdown guy (Cena) will win the Rumble. Raw will need a match to decide a Universal Championship contender.

I'm glad Elimination Chamber will be returning. I've always liked the match type and miss the days of it being the show in between the Rumble and Wrestlemania. What they had there was such a good way to help set up title matches for Wrestlemania, especially now that we have two World Championships again. I'm fine with it becoming either a Raw show or a Smackdown show. I'd imagine it goes back into its old spot in February. The brand that gets it would then depend on who wins the Rumble. If a Raw wrestler wins the Rumble then the blue brand gets Elimination Chamber while the red brand would probably have the useless Fastlane event in February. If a Smackdown wrestler wins the Rumble, then the reverse of this happens, giving us a Smackdown Fastlane event and a Raw Elimination Chamber event. Regardless of if Elimination Chamber will be a red or a blue branded event, it needs to have a Women's Elimination Chamber match that could also have Wrestlemania title shot implications. Now that we've had a women's Hell In A Cell and are about to have a Women's Championship Tables match, it's time.

According to a report that came out via the WON, the Elimination Chamber will be a Raw ppv exclusive ppv to air on February 12th and will act as the brand's buffer to WrestleMania while SmackDown Live will get Fastlane on March 5th. The report goes on to state that there's a strong possibility that the Extreme Rules and Money in the Bank ppvs MIGHT be SmackDown Live exclusives.

While I think it'd be fun to see the blue brand get the EC, the notion of MITB being an exclusive could be a real boon for SD Live as it's probably the most anticipated show, outside of the Big Four, of the year.

It's been reported on the main page and various other sites that the Elimination Chamber ppv will be making its return. While neither the date nor the brand hosting the event is revealed, the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona confirmed on Facebook that the EC ppv will make its return sometime in 2017.

The last time the event took place was on May 31, 2015 as sort of a buffer/network special that saw the formula changed. For the first time, there were Intercontinental and Tag Team Championship Chamber matches and it was most memorable for being Kevin Owens' debut match on the main roster in which he cleanly pinned John Cena.

As of right now, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a Raw brand special as it gives Raw another opportunity to do a "first ever" sort of match featuring the women. I'd rather it be a SmackDown brand show as the women of the blue brand should be brought up to an equal level of prominence next year.

The impression I get SDL gets EC, RAW gets Fast Lane next year. Do 3 EC matches - one where the winner faces the WWE Champion at WM, one where the winner faces the Women's Champion at WM, one where the winner faces the tag champs.

The impression I get SDL gets EC, RAW gets Fast Lane next year. Do 3 EC matches - one where the winner faces the WWE Champion at WM, one where the winner faces the Women's Champion at WM, one where the winner faces the tag champs.

That's what's being said now in an updated report but, as of this time yesterday, EC was reported to be Raw exclusive while Fastlane went to the blue brand. Of course, all this was initially reported by Dave Meltzer so the reliability of this, as with most Meltzer broken stories over the past few years especially, is hit and miss.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but with Raw getting back to back pay per views, perhaps this means that we are going to get pay per view switching from year to year. This year Smackdown gets TLC, but in 2017 it goes to the Raw brand, and Smackdown gets the Cell in October. Making these exclusive shows biannual affairs makes them far more tolerable.

As far as Raw getting the Chamber in 2017, my first thought goes to someone from Smackdown is going to win the Rumble. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but the Chamber match is a good way to determine a number one contender.

Whichever brand gets it, I am happy to see this gimmick match back.

This match hasn't been used too much which makes it just more exciting and special.

I hope that a World/Universal Championship match takes place in this gimmick match. I guess that there won't be just one match. Couple of matches could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back