• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Doors Appreciation Thread

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
I am a huge Doors and Jim Morrison fan, so I though I would start this thread.

So basically, this is a place to state your thoughts, opinions, and basically appreciate Jim Morrison and The Doors.

I would like to start off by saying Jim Morrison was an amazing vocalist, possibly one of the best in rock n' roll history. He just has such a unique vocal style, whihc has inspired many others, including people like Scott Weiland and Iggy Pop. He always put alot of feeling in his performances, and he truly loved doing it. He was also very charasmatic, and really knew how to get the crowd into the performances.

Jim was also a true genius. He had such a great mind. His lyrics and poetry are both classic writings, He put so much though, mystic, and true brilliance into his petry and lyrics and every time I hear them I just stop and wonder how he did it. He and his writings were just so great.

For the band as a whole, I just can't get over how great their sound was, just how great they meshed. And on songs like Light My Fire, it shows you how great they were, and it truly reminds you that The Doors were not just Jim Morrison with other musicians behind him playing. Robby Krieger was a great guitarist, and you can tell on songs like Light My Fire and Love Me Two Times. Ray Manzerek was an awesome musician as eveidenced on songs like Light My Fire and Touch Me. And John Densmore was an awesome drummer, leading The Doors percussion.

So, thats what I have to say, now you all express you thoughts on this truly great man and the equally great group he fronted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back