The Change is here

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
While I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of overhype, the change I referred to earlier is here. While some of you might have noticed the re-organizing of the forums, that's only part of the change.

The biggest change to the forum is that the Non Wrestling Non Spam Section will now operate under more relaxed spam rules. Instead of the standard "give a position and support it", now all we require is for you to contribute to the discussion and/or further the discussion, as well as post on-topic. The Staff has noticed how little discussion which seems to occur in the non-spam section, and how much conversation happens in the GSD or Bar Room, which very easily could fit in the non-wrestling non-spam section.

So, we're taking this for a trial run. As of now, the GSD will remain, but we'll continue to evaluate whether it will be necessary. Enjoy the more relaxed spam rules, in addition to post count being on.

So pretty much all of the normal posts that we make in GSD that are not one word answers, smileys, or unintelligible comments can go in the Symposium? If so, it sounds like you could easily phase out the GSD and leave the Bar Room for stuff like that.

So pretty much all of the normal posts that we make in GSD that are not one word answers, smileys, or unintelligible comments can go in the Symposium?
As long as your on-topic and furthering the discussion, yes.

If so, it sounds like you could easily phase out the GSD and leave the Bar Room for stuff like that.
We'll just see how it goes.

I must admit, this change is not quite as underwhelming as I expected it to be. Well done!

I rarely make announcements for minor things. I mean, it's a wrestling forum, so it's not like we can announce a million dollar giveaway or something, but as far as possibilities available, I rarely make announcements for minor things.

So pretty much all of the normal posts that we make in GSD that are not one word answers, smileys, or unintelligible comments can go in the Symposium?
No. My understanding is that personal slights or side-bars that derail the thread will be considered spam.

Sly: Confirm or deny?

No. My understanding is that personal slights or side-bars that derail the thread will be considered spam.

Sly: Confirm or deny?

All of the rules will be as normal, with the exception of the spamming rule. But yes, you're pretty close.

All of the rules will be as normal, with the exception of the spamming rule. But yes, you're pretty close.
Is a one word response such as "Why?" or "Elaborate." considered to be furthering the discussion?

Is a one word response such as "Why?" or "Elaborate." considered to be furthering the discussion?

Good question. I'll have to think on that.

My initial reaction would be to say it'd depend on the circumstances. If someone says "Many people believe the world will end tomorrow", a response of "Why is that?" would probably be acceptable. If the thread title was "What's your favorite song", and a statement was "I played Metallica all day in my stereo", a response of "Why did you do that?" probably wouldn't.

Again, I'll have to put a little thought into that, but right now, my initial reaction is to say it'll depend.

The example we used in the Board Room discussion of this was:

Name a show that went downhill after a major character left.

Response: "What about Cheers?"

That would be ok now, because it's adding something to the discussion.

Good question. I'll have to think on that.

My initial reaction would be to say it'd depend on the circumstances. If someone says "Many people believe the world will end tomorrow", a response of "Why is that?" would probably be acceptable. If the thread title was "What's your favorite song", and a statement was "I played Metallica all day in my stereo", a response of "Why did you do that?" probably wouldn't.

Again, I'll have to put a little thought into that, but right now, my initial reaction is to say it'll depend.

To elaborate on this, often times with borderline stuff we just delete it with no penalty. That would probably be what I would do with someone saying something like that, unless it led to more quality discussion.

I believe the easiest way to adhere to the new spam rule in those sections is simply to end every sentence with a question mark?

Here's a question: given the nature of The Media Hub as well as the nature of the new rules, would it be completely out of the question to have a "General Video Game Discussion Thread," the idea being it's like a GSD thread with a central concept of video games?

Here's a question: given the nature of The Media Hub as well as the nature of the new rules, would it be completely out of the question to have a "General Video Game Discussion Thread," the idea being it's like a GSD thread with a central concept of video games?

Not at all, just try to give a decent discussion starting opening post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back