The Case for Sting

hoffman40

Occasional Pre-Show
I challenge you to think of a MAJOR wrestling superstar to never wrestle for the WWE. Then I challenge you to think of one bigger than the man called Sting. Sting, a physical specimen with unnatural charisma, seems like perfect fit for the WWE. But, unlike every other performer (excluding HBK) Sting remained loyal. Loyal to WCW and eventually to the development of wrestlings future and it's future performers in TNA. Once in an interview Sting said that, "Vince was good to me and wanted me, but what he did to Booker T turned me away.". Hence, Sting never set foot in a WWE ring becoming arguably the greatest performer to never do so.

Now there are rumblings. Rumblings that Sting will take the plunge and wrestle The Undertaker at Wrestlemania in what will be arguably the biggest match in Taker's current "streak". To this, I say.... Do It! And here is why;

1. The Honor. Sting as a born again Christian values integrity and honor and also knows when to slow to speak and quick to be humbled. The fact is IFthe WWE has offered Sting this deal then there is no greater honor. The WWE would essentially be telling a man that has been there competition for nearly 30 years, congratulations we want to you to come to OUR PPV, wrestle OUR top superstar for the past twenty years, and for that we want to pay you more money than you made at TNA for the past five years COMBINED! And before that we will probably ask you to be inducted into OUR Hall of Fame as our greatest competitor EVER.

2. The Match. Nothing in this business is bigger than Wrestlemania versus The Undertaker, nothing. Only 18 people can lay claim to being in this situation and with names like HHH, Ric Flair, Jake the Snake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, Big Show, Kevin Nash, and HBK (twice), rest assured the list is respectable. For Sting, this is that epic something he's been wanting from WWE.

3. The Money. Vince McMahon has handed out loads of cash for Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather. If he offers Sting something, guaranteed it will be huge. The money Sting will make in Five weeks would likely trump what Sting has made in TNA for the past Five years. (reportedly)

4. The Questions. None! This is what Sting will have when he walks away from April 4ths WWE Raw in Atlanta. Sting will have had all questions about WWE performance wise in his head answered, he would have piece of mind knowing that he did it and did it well.

5. The Goodbye. It's obvious that the sun is setting on Sting's illustrious career and I can't think of a better send off than a weekend that includes a Hall of Fame induction, the highest profiled match on the grandest stage of them all, and a RAW farewell to the fans that he competed against for all these years, all done in the city that he made wrestling famous and that made him into a legend.

-Chris Hoffman

Opinions?

I think you wrote a whole lot for nothing considering Sting is not coming to WWE and will not be in your wrestlemania dream match.

Seriously dude. That's a lot of paragraphs.

Would be cool, but won't happen. End of story.

The only active wrestler that I can think off that hasn't wrestle in the wwe and has had a Hall Of Fame career is The Great Muta. He started his career in 1984,and has worked for AJPW,NJPW,NWA,WWC,WCCW,WCW & TNA. He has won 14 single titles and 11 tag titles. The Great Muta gimmick is so mysterious like Sting and like sting he was a member of the nwo. Muta is 48 yrs old 6'2 230 lbs and does look like he is in better shape than both Sting and Undertaker. IF Sting vs Taker doesn't happen at Mania, Muta VS Taker would also be a classic and money maker.

Congrats on your 1st post. But on these boards, we kind of like when you actually give reasoning behind your thoughts.

So why won't it happen? Are you citing the reports that say the WWE has had zero contact with Sting?

...well anyone that believes the WWE would have ZERO contract with Sting is naive. Imagine running a company. Now imagine a legendary competitor of yours becoming available. If you had an opening in your company for him, and you didn't even so much as bother to contact him, then you have ZERO business running a company.

So why was it reported that the WWE has had zero contact with Sting? My guess is that the story was planted. Working in sports pr, I see shit like this everyday. Annonymous sources give loads of real information to reporters all the time. And they do it just for the moments like this. They use the trust they've built with the reporter to ensure that the reporter will print the false information.

Why else won't Sting show up?

Is it because he "vowed" never to work for VKM? ... Kind of like how Bret Hart vowed never to return to WWE until he did so last year ... or how Ric Flair vowed to retire after WM 24, yet has since wrestled for TNA ... or how VKM vowed never to work again with the Ultimate Warrior back in 1991 only to bring him back multiple times afterward ... I mean really, the wrestling industry is built on broken vows.

And besides, the comments Sting made were in reference to an incredibly raunchy product at the time, which he claimed went against his Christian principles. The WWE is nothing like that anymore.

Congrats on your 1st post. But on these boards, we kind of like when you actually give reasoning behind your thoughts.

So why won't it happen? Are you citing the reports that say the WWE has had zero contact with Sting?

So why was it reported that the WWE has had zero contact with Sting?

Is it because he "vowed" never to work for VKM? ... Kind of like how Bret Hart vowed never to return to WWE until he did so last year ... or how Ric Flair vowed to retire after WM 24, yet has since wrestled for TNA ... or how VKM vowed never to work again with the Ultimate Warrior back in 1991 only to bring him back multiple times afterward ... I mean really, the wrestling industry is built on broken vows.

And besides, the comments Sting made were in reference to an incredibly raunchy product at the time, which he claimed went against his Christian principles. The WWE is nothing like that anymore.

Dude... Where do I once state that I don't think Sting is coming to WWE? Also where else do I seem cynical about the notion that he will come? You say you work in sports pr, but you clearly didn't read what I posted, that or you horribly misinterpreted it. The name of my post was "The Case for Sting" where I gave detailed reasons why I think he should sign and work Wrestlemania. Seriously, dude I'm not trying to slam you or call you out but I don't think you fully understood my post.

...well anyone that believes the WWE would have ZERO contract with Sting is naive. Imagine running a company. Now imagine a legendary competitor of yours becoming available. If you had an opening in your company for him, and you didn't even so much as bother to contact him, then you have ZERO business running a company.

So why was it reported that the WWE has had zero contact with Sting? My guess is that the story was planted. Working in sports pr, I see shit like this everyday. Annonymous sources give loads of real information to reporters all the time. And they do it just for the moments like this. They use the trust they've built with the reporter to ensure that the reporter will print the false information.

Dude, you just single-handedly got my hopes up again. If Sting doesn't come back on Monday, I blame you for my disappointment. :)

Another point I wanted to add is that if Sting were truly not signed to WWE, why wouldn't he just come out and say it? He has been completely silent through all of this. I know he's not one of those twitter guys who regularly speaks to the IWC, but you'd think he'd at least give an interview or something, saying, "I just want to let my fans know that my stance has not changed and I have not signed with WWE." If he has indeed not signed with WWE, there would be no harm in him just coming out and saying it.

Here's another thing I was thinking. With the persona he displays in TNA, I could totally see him giving an interview. But I'd imagine the persona he would display in WWE would be similar to the 1998 Sting, where he rarely speaks. Obviously, giving any interviews even in an attempt to swerve the fans, would go against this character.

And I have to second you saying how it's BS that they have had "no contact" with Sting. Why would they have had no contact? Even if they hadn't originally meant for the 2/21/11 vignettes to be Sting, after seeing all the buzz from fans, they'd be ******ed to not at least entertain the idea. Just like the Undertaker/Brock Lesner thing a few months ago. Even if that confrontation wasn't staged, I would bet money that WWE contacted Lesner afterwards about the possibility of a match.

And to be honest, I think Sting would be crazy to not seriously consider an offer from WWE. I'm willing to bet he would make millions of dollars of of this. And for far less work than he was doing in TNA. And don't use the old story about WWE being too risque for him. He said that years ago. TNA is far worse now.

Not to mention the latest vignette makes it appear (at least to me) that Undertaker is on the inside of the house, and that someone is outside the house walking towards it.

So in closing, I doubt realistically expect Sting to be on Raw. But it's a strong possibility that he will be. I think there is evidence pointing in both directions.

Dude... Where do I once state that I don't think Sting is coming to WWE? Also where else do I seem cynical about the notion that he will come? You say you work in sports pr, but you clearly didn't read what I posted, that or you horribly misinterpreted it. The name of my post was "The Case for Sting" where I gave detailed reasons why I think he should sign and work Wrestlemania. Seriously, dude I'm not trying to slam you or call you out but I don't think you fully understood my post.

He wasn't talking to you. He was talking about BenStieftin because he wrote a one-sentence reply saying Sting wasn't coming back. If anything, hoffman was sticking up for you. So it looks like it's you who's not reading the posts, not him. :)

I challenge you to think of a MAJOR wrestling superstar to never wrestle for the WWE. Then I challenge you to think of one bigger than the man called Sting. Sting, a physical specimen with unnatural charisma, seems like perfect fit for the WWE. But, unlike every other performer (excluding HBK) Sting remained loyal. Loyal to WCW and eventually to the development of wrestlings future and it's future performers in TNA. Once in an interview Sting said that, "Vince was good to me and wanted me, but what he did to Booker T turned me away.". Hence, Sting never set foot in a WWE ring becoming arguably the greatest performer to never do so.

Now there are rumblings. Rumblings that Sting will take the plunge and wrestle The Undertaker at Wrestlemania in what will be arguably the biggest match in Taker's current "streak". To this, I say.... Do It! And here is why;

1. The Honor. Sting as a born again Christian values integrity and honor and also knows when to slow to speak and quick to be humbled. The fact is IFthe WWE has offered Sting this deal then there is no greater honor. The WWE would essentially be telling a man that has been there competition for nearly 30 years, congratulations we want to you to come to OUR PPV, wrestle OUR top superstar for the past twenty years, and for that we want to pay you more money than you made at TNA for the past five years COMBINED! And before that we will probably ask you to be inducted into OUR Hall of Fame as our greatest competitor EVER.

2. The Match. Nothing in this business is bigger than Wrestlemania versus The Undertaker, nothing. Only 18 people can lay claim to being in this situation and with names like HHH, Ric Flair, Jake the Snake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, Big Show, Kevin Nash, and HBK (twice), rest assured the list is respectable. For Sting, this is that epic something he's been wanting from WWE.

3. The Money. Vince McMahon has handed out loads of cash for Donald Trump and Floyd Mayweather. If he offers Sting something, guaranteed it will be huge. The money Sting will make in Five weeks would likely trump what Sting has made in TNA for the past Five years. (reportedly)

4. The Questions. None! This is what Sting will have when he walks away from April 4ths WWE Raw in Atlanta. Sting will have had all questions about WWE performance wise in his head answered, he would have piece of mind knowing that he did it and did it well.

5. The Goodbye. It's obvious that the sun is setting on Sting's illustrious career and I can't think of a better send off than a weekend that includes a Hall of Fame induction, the highest profiled match on the grandest stage of them all, and a RAW farewell to the fans that he competed against for all these years, all done in the city that he made wrestling famous and that made him into a legend.

-Chris Hoffman

Opinions?

Sting as said in many posts, and even one I just posted. Has no intention of ever wrestling in the WWE. It doesn't matter his faith. It's his choice and he doesn't like Vince, and I don't think Vince likes him either but thats besides the fact.

Not to mention the fact that They only started saying that they have had NO contact with Sting, when everybody caught wind of it and started making the assumption "since neither WWE nor Sting have denied the contact". We all know that the WWE reads these wrestling sites, these forums, and they just love to see us squirm for the next piece of info we can get. They plant so much bogus info and we dont even know it. Use your gut instinct when it comes to this, is The Rock really the biggest thing WWE is going to offer at this EpicMania, or are they going to finally have The Stinger in their list of tremendous surprises? I say the move to the WWE for Sting would be great, one last match and he can retire with a WWE HOF ring. Or he can stick around and work an Undertaker schedule, I'm almost certain the WWE wouldn't mind that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back