• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Best...T.V Station

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Ok so its offical this is the next The Best Thread in the series. This time it is the Best T.V station. Now I know there are sevral and many things to consider however if there was one station that you could watch for the rest of your life would be the way I would look at this. So without further ado The Best Station.

150px-NBC_logo.png

NBC

I like NBC not only because of the wide variety of T.V shows it has but because of the different people they attempt to appeal to. This station has a range of comedy, action, and romance and I truly believe that it is the best station on television. I think that it clearly is the most interesting station. It also has my favorite T.V show in Chuck and I think that it is clearly a show I could watch till the end of time. As NBC continues to evolve I think that it will remain on top as the best T.V station in the world. I think that NBC also is one of those stations that I grew up with and I think that this might also effect my opinion because of the connection I have felt with it.

images

Pretty simple to me. I am a comedy oriented person. With the exception of sports(ESPN would be my number 2) comedy is the basis for just about anything I watch on a regular basis. I love The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Tosh.0, Futurama, Chappelle's Show, Scrubs, and my absolute favorite tv show, South Park. They even have had a couple of newer shows recently that I've been getting into such as Workaholics and The Sports Show with Norm McDonald, both of which I wasn't into at first but they're growing on me.

I'm also just a very big fan of Stand Up Comedy. Whether it's the half hour Comedy Central Presents: shows or the full length hour specials, I have sat and watched stand up for many hours.

On top of that, I'll find myself waking up with the TV on playing some movie I've never seen or heard of. With the remote out reach, I'll find myself getting into it more often than not.

So yeah, I love Comedy Central.

syfy-logo(1).jpg

Yeah, yeah, it's been considered a geek's television network, but most programs I follow are on this particular one. Besides Smackdown of course, I really dig their "real or not?" shows like Paranormal Files: Fact or Faked and Urban Legends along with my strange attraction to Marcell's Quantum Kitchen. I was also a really big fan of the cancelled-but-now-reairing-on-SyFy Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles program. I follow SyFy as much as I can and sometimes I tune in to the really corny original movies, and now and then they play well known horror movies like Jeepers Creepers or Poltergeist.

NBC is a good choice as I enjoy their Thursday programming (The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock) and The Voice on Tuesday, but that is all I really watch from there. That leaves it down to two choices for me. Them being USA and CBS. When it comes to USA I usually give whatever new show they churn out a chance, plus they have Raw and now Tough Enough. Psych is one of my favorite shows and I also enjoy Royal Pains. Fairly Legal was pretty decent as well. However since Monk left the air those 3 are really all I tune in for.

I pretty much watch CBS every day of the week. On Monday we have How I Met Your Mother (my favorite show of all time), Mad Love, and Two and a Half Men. I'm looking to getting into Mike and Molly and Hawaii 5-0 at the end of their season. Tuesday's I enjoy me some NCIS: LA, Wednesday we have Criminal Minds, Thursday Big Bang Theory, Shit My Dad Says (season ended), Rules of Engagement, and CSI, and then Friday we have Flashpoint (starting back up Friday) and CSI: NY. Throw in their Sunday programming of Amazing Race and you have a winner. Saturday is pretty much the only night I'm not watching CBS. That tells ya something. CBS is the clear winner for me.

Probably not what you have in mind but I love MLB network. I flipped it on at about 8:00 tonight and four and a half hours later it is still on my tv. Great analysis from entertaining personalites and live in depth coverage of every game makes the night fly by. Obviously you have to be a baseball fan to enjoy it and that's what I am.

amc.gif

No surprise that I'd be going for AMC here. It's the home of Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead among other original series and when it's not playing those, it's playing an array of films ranging from ridiculous to amazing. I mean seriously, on what other channel can you watch Big and The Hills Have Eyes in the same day? Fridays become Fear Fridays where they air horror movies and horror B-movies. If a featured movie is something from a series i.e. Batman, they play all of the films in the series in a marathon.

My favourite thing about AMC is the fact that you can watch an encore of every new episode of your favourite AMC show immediately after it just aired - so Mad Men will play from 10-11, then immediately again from 11-12, in case you missed it or if you want to see it again. Oh, and they play last week's episode before the new one too.

My second choice would be HBO because of the badassery of their original television programming as well, but I'm sure someone else will cover that.

ESPN is the channel of choice over here.

ESPN over here though, is quite different that what it is in America. The channel is not so heavy on Basketball, American Football and Baseball. Rather, it is heavily influenced by Football from here and overseas. It has a great mix of American Sports too. As a package deal, I was able to get ESPN, ESPN Classics and ESPN America for the price of the one channel. A bargain, right? Still, I think that it is a great mix of American sports that I enjoy and domestic sports that I, perhaps, enjoy a little more.

In America, every UFC PPV is on a pay as you view basis, right? I think it was $50 the last time I looked at it. Well, ESPN have exclusive rights to it in the UK, which means that I get the channel and the companies PPVs for nothing more than I would pay for the normal TV package I bought. That, to me, is a huge factor in me selecting ESPN as my channel of choice.

Additionally, it also manages to show at least one SPL game a week and that is where my favourite team play. That is probably why I am selecting that channel too. Nothing gets me more excited when watching TV than watching my favourite sports team and I assume that it is pretty similar for a lot of people on here too. Nevertheless, I think that ESPN UK is a great package deal and a great channel on it's own.

Comedy Central, E4 and BBC3 are my honourable mentions too.

I was a big Spike fan before they got 1,000 Ways to Die. That show is fucking atrocious. Now, I only watch Spike when the UFC is on there or they are playing a good movie. I love Comedy Central now. It has possibly the best afternoon lineup on TV with Futurama playing first, South Park second, Tosh.0 third, and finally ending with Scrubs. They also show Reno 911 which I have come to be quite fond of. They play some funny movies on the weekends as well. Then there is always ESPN which is fun to watch. Always something good on there. Really, I only watch those three channels as I don't watch much TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back