• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Best Boss Battles

Depending on what we're basing our criteria on, I'm going to say:

The Great Mighty Poo from "Conker's Bad Fur Day". Funniest boss ever... Entertaining until the very last kernel. For those not aware of what I speak of, it's a giant turd that you must kill by flinging toilet paper into its mouth while it sings to you... It's attack? Spitting out digested corn at you... If that doesn't qualify, I quit. :lmao:

On a more serious note, I'm going old school:

Mike Tyson from "Mike Tysons Punch Out"

His strategy was nothing like any of the other fighters in the game. He hit you once, you went down. I wonder how many NES controllers were broken because of this fight... I didn't beat Mike Tyson for the first time until 2004. I was playing on an emulator and decided to give him a try. Yes, it took me almost 20 years to beat Mike Tyson...but universally, It's got to be considered one of the biggest accomplishments in gaming ever...

You guys probably won't know this game, but Tekken 5, with Jinpachi Mishima. The guy's on fucking steroidsx10,000,000,000. It's a fighting game, and it's really good if you play on hard, even though it gets annoying losing to him a gazillion times.

My favourite boss battle was probably against Krauser in Resident Evil 4. Its a long, grueling and intense boss battle. But one boss battle I remember beating and being so happy about when I was younger was the final boss on Sonic and Knuckles. That final level was epic and the boss, first time through, was a pain in the ass.

Ganon/ Ganondorf in Ocarina of time was probably the most emotinonally involving boss battle in any game ever. And the battle with Ganon in his last form was difficult or complicated. It was very simple. But it was how epic the whole thing was and how much you just wanted the chaos to end. Easily the most emotionally involving game ever and that was a great way to end it.

Since that boss has already been said, I'll say another.
The final battle with Darth Melek in Knights of the Old Republic is one to remember.
The fact that it was so strategic was subtle, and it took me a while to figure out what was the deal with the frozen jedi surrounding you.
The whole idea of putting them out of their misery by killing them for light or sucking their energy for your own use for dark was pure brilliance. And also, you really wanted to kick Melek's ass, he was such an asshole....

[QUOTE="Bad Ass" Johnny Gunnz;852485]

Mike Tyson from "Mike Tysons Punch Out"

His strategy was nothing like any of the other fighters in the game. He hit you once, you went down. I wonder how many NES controllers were broken because of this fight... I didn't beat Mike Tyson for the first time until 2004. I was playing on an emulator and decided to give him a try. Yes, it took me almost 20 years to beat Mike Tyson...but universally, It's got to be considered one of the biggest accomplishments in gaming ever...[/QUOTE]

I hear ya man this was in my opinion the hardest boss that has ever been in gaming history. It took me years to finally knock out Tyson and when I did I never felt more gratified playing a videogame. Talk about longevity.

My fave boss battle was a Joint Final Fantasy VII - The Ruby Weapon And The Emerald Weapon

While these were completely optional to fight in the game i found these bosses the hardest as you have to have your Materia hooked up so well to beat them. The Ruby Weapon took away 2 of your team instantly so it was basically a one on one fight. You needed the Final Attack Magick Paired with a Summon that Revived you because the weapon was bound to KO you at some point in the battle.... it was good fun.

The Emerald Weapon was instantly harder as it had better attacks and could take a hell of a lot of damage plus if you didnt get the underwater materia you only had ten mins to kill it. the disappoint was that when you did kill it you got every bit of materia mastered. it disappointed me because you pretty much needed all the materia mastered to kill the weapon.

The most pissed off i got in a game was also in Final Fantasy VII fighting the Weapon that Flies away everytime you try and fight it then you gotta follow it around for about an hour, it was well annoying.

My favorite boss battle would have to be Luther in Star Ocean: Till the end of time. That game was quite possibly the longest, most difficult game I have ever played, and when I got to Luther, I seriously screamed. The boss battle, was also nothing short of amazing. The first form, being easy, then the transformation was freaking amazing. That is by far my favorite boss battle of all time.

I'm a sucker for Mortal Kombat, so my all-time favorite would have to be the showdown with Shang Tsung in the first Mortal Kombat. The first few times fighting him, were nearly impossible. And then, I figured out my rhythm, and kicked his ass ever since. It was still a great climax to a great game though.

I also love the fight with Blaze in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. No matter what fighter you choose, you're offense is limited, and you can quickly lose control if you don't know anything on defense. No one person is better than another, and it's fought in small quarters. Makes it a good challenge.

I'll also admit to playing Pokemon Gold. I love it. i was addicted for a long time. The fight with Ash was really pissing me off the first few times, and then I finally had my team strong enough, and well trained enough, to take him down.

The best boss in my opinion is The End from MGS 3 it´s really great how you can track and hunt him down, it was different from what I had seen thus far. My #2 would be Colonel Radec, the final boss from Killzone 2 he´s pretty tough even though there´s no big trick you just got to shoot him^^

Another one that comes to mind is from Killzone 2, the last boss named Radec. First you have to get to him by fighting off waves of Helghast Soldiers. Then once you get to him, he is able to transport himself to wherever he wants to in the room that the battle takes place in. And he teleports real fast, so you always have to be on your toes. If he stabs you 2 times with his knife, its all over and then you have to start from the last checkpoint. It helps you have your partner helping you in the process, but the speed he has is insane.

defiantly the final boss from Zelda the ocarina of time. i must have beaten tht game fifty times but every time it was still a hard but fun fight.

Has anyone here ever played Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath? That game pretty much revolved around boss battles, and some of the ones later in the game were unreasonably difficult.

The best boss battle I've ever played is probably the final face off against Gruntilda at the end of Banjo-Kazooie. I had spent so much time on that game and trying to beat it, mainly because for its time the game was very long and challenging. So when I finally got to the last boss battle, it was the most intense battle I've ever played in a video game. When I finally beat her after many attempts, I basked in the greatest gaming accomplishment of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back