• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bash; Where the fook is Edge?!

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Ok, after pain staking research, I gave up at 2005, but I have yet to find a PPV where Edge has not been on a PPV unless he was injured, or in hell. Yet here we are, the former champion Edge, finalist of the wrestle zone tournament, not on a PPV, this same PPV that has Ziggler v Khali.

Is anyone else as shocked as me about this?

EDIT; After some trawling, we discovered the last time that Edge was not at a PPV where he was eligible to fight (ie not due to injury or the PPV not being on his brand, or being in hell) was Insurextion 2002...that is seven years since Edge has been eligible to fight at a PPV where he hasn't fought!

FURTHER EDIT; It was actually backlash 2001!

With them booking Edge towards becoming a face, I don't see him popping up randomly at the pay-per-view, either. He won't interfere in the title match, he won't cheat his way into the match...So, basically, I'm guessing he's off the card.

The only way I could see him appearing, is if they make the move to place him as the GM of RAW, but that would only be entertaining if he was a heel, and if the position didn't mean shit anymore anyway.

I guess they're trying to showcase their "future" in Dolph Ziggler. Beating the Great Khali would be nice on a resume...

...but have it on Smackdown. Is it "official" that Edge is turning face? That seems like an awful idea. He could use not being on the card as disrespectful and all that and complain like Jericho about respect, cause he's a 9-time world champion. Or maybe it's to see whether or not CM Punk can draw. If the face turn is just a rumor, then it could become a triple threat at some point during the show, and the only reason booked as Punk vs Hardy was to see if it would affect sales.

So my thing about it is thre's no Vickie. No Vickie = no putting Edge in a random match, I actually think Edge will not fight on this PPV, which is a bit of a shocker really. I maybe can see him doing a run in, but I actually think they may be keeping him away from the title picture for a little while, let him go back to the mid card for a little while.

for some reason my post was wiped out. I had posted that I had read and heard they were giving Edge some time off, per his request. I assume to be ready for SummerSlam.

I did hear about the time off thing, but I never know how accurate those are. If this face turn is correct, then perhaps they can make him special guest referee, and have him call the match down the middle (or reluctantly for Punk). Who knows, I'm just very upset with Khali vs Ziggler, as it shows just how big the gap is on the WWE roster in all brands between guys who matter and guys who don't. We've seen the same guys PPV after PPV, and finally, we get a fresh match, only to have it be Khali vs Ziggler.

Yeah, they should be giving Edge a PPV off, the guy deserves it. As you said, he's been on every PPV that he could be on in the last 7 years.
He's probably gonna have some huge match with CM Punk or possibly even John Morrison for Summerslam. And he's gonna do everything he can to make the his opponent look good so they're giving him a night off. Which he does deserve.

Yeah, no Vickie so he has to "earn" his way into his matches

but the Night Of Champions poster has Edge with the World Heavyweight Championship holding up 4 fingers

wonder what that could mean

I think Edge does deserve a pay-per-view because there's really no need for him. Maybe they should have had that Edge/Morrison match at The Bash but I bet they are saving that for Summerslam. Knowing Edge, he will find someway to get into the pay-per-view. Maybe he will be a guest commentator for the Punk/Hardy match.

His match with Morrison was very good so I think they are heading down that road for a feud. I don't see him turning face anytime soon, certainly not before summerslam. If he is feuding with Morrison, it is good they have let it wait rather than have a thrown together match here. They could be involved in a segment to get them into a feud.

Being left off the PPV isn't that big of a deal, though I would have expected it to be the Night of Champions rather than this one. He will probably miss that one too whilst building up to a big Summerslam match.

After some trawling, we discovered the last time that Edge was not at a PPV where he was eligible to fight (ie not due to injury or the PPV not being on his brand, or being in hell) was Insurextion 2002...that is seven years since Edge has been eligible to fight at a PPV where he hasn't fought!

Gotta correct you on that one. Insurextion 2002 was a RAW exclusive PPV and at that time Edge was a member of the Smackdown roster. My research suggests that the last PPV Edge was missed that hes was eligible for and not injured was Backlash 2001. Christian appeared in a triple threat match for the European title in which Edge was at ringside. That's 8 years for the Rated R Superstar.

Reactions: Lee
How about this? You have CM Punk vs Jeff hardy.. CM Punk is losing but matt hardy appears to hit jeff with his injured hand. Jeff hardy is left out and CM Punk is about to retain the title when BANG Edge comes and spears the hell out of punk and puts jeff hardy on top. 1-2-3!

Friday night edge comes out and says nobody is gonna take his ultimate oportunistic style from him and what punk did was trying to take advantage of a man who was out. This turns edge face, cm heel, and gives us a new feud.

How about this? You have CM Punk vs Jeff hardy.. CM Punk is losing but matt hardy appears to hit jeff with his injured hand. Jeff hardy is left out and CM Punk is about to retain the title when BANG Edge comes and spears the hell out of punk and puts jeff hardy on top. 1-2-3!

Friday night edge comes out and says nobody is gonna take his ultimate oportunistic style from him and what punk did was trying to take advantage of a man who was out. This turns edge face, cm heel, and gives us a new feud.

1) That makes no sense
2) Matt Hardy is injured and he's on RAW they are done with that angle
3) Why is Edge in the match? He doesn't have MITB so he can't just jump in the match
4) What the hell are you talking about?

To respond to the OP, I think it is ok that Edge is not on the card. He is currently not in a feud, so there is nothing for him to do. This PPV doesn't mean anything anyway.

I wouldn't want him in the WHC picture right now anyway, because that's probably where they would've had to put him on the card other than against Morrison (which as no build). He needs to stay away from that for at least a year. He can be in the main event, but the strap shouldn't be around his waist for a long time. Number 10 needs to be a big face win for him, not another weaselly win with another one month reign.

Quite suprised that Edge is not featured, and given that the last time he was off, he given time off for kayfabe purposes, he does deserve abit of a break, he was favouring his knee around Wrestlemania, maybe give him time to fix it?

Random thought, going on about match interferences, what's to say he interferes with Mysterio/Jericho's match and move the feud between Jericho and Edge, it has been teasing for a good number of months with Edge and Jericho!

Gotta correct you on that one. Insurextion 2002 was a RAW exclusive PPV and at that time Edge was a member of the Smackdown roster. My research suggests that the last PPV Edge was missed that hes was eligible for and not injured was Backlash 2001. Christian appeared in a triple threat match for the European title in which Edge was at ringside. That's 8 years for the Rated R Superstar.

I'll admit when I am wrong, but I originally did say Backlash 2001, and someone said to me, no it was Insurextion 2002...damn my listening to NSL!

And I've not read any reports of him being 'injured' or wanting time off or anything, after all he had a few months off the back end of last year when he was 'in hell.' And regarding the NOC poster, if you look at the 2008 poster it has Undertaker holding the WHC, when he wasn't...these things happen all the time.

Anyway... here's my diagnosis on the no Edge situation. I think it's fairly obvious though. Edge is............. without a storyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got nothing right now. Why do you think he was just randomly thrown into the match on Raw this past week with Ziggler and Jericho against Rey Rey, Khali, and Jeff? Because he's got nowhere to go right now because I don't think creative has decided if they want to turn him face or not. I totally didn't understand the logic of that match on Raw when you had all Bash opponents in that match with Khali/Ziggler, Rey Rey/Jericho, but Edge/Jeff with Punk on commentary??? A far more interesting end to that match would have put a fairly un-biased Edge on commentary and have Jeff get the win over Ziggler or Jericho, and Punk... on the opposing team... raise Jeff's hand anyway. THAT would have been better. They probably are just still having Punk be in that transition stage because he isn't a full-fledged heel yet.

Edge certainly had the crowd behind him on Raw a few weeks ago when he tore Vicki a new one all sorts of ways...which was just epic. But I think they're lost with Edge right now. As a heel in the last 4-5 years, Edge has torn through a virtually unchanged major WWE face roster. Cena-done. Rey Rey-done. Batista-done. Taker-done. Jeffy-done. Punk is more or less the last person left Edge hasn't gone through but he's turning heel. Soooooo this leaves Edge with 2 what I believe to be could be amazing feuds. Edge and Punk would be great and great for Punk in his heel build if he went through Edge as a face. Also... Edge and Jericho. This would be totally epic. Everybody knows it. As the above poster said... it's been teased for some time. Since around draft time really.

Edge is doubtfully going to come out from anywhere to help Jeff Hardy in any way. They just had 2 solid PPV matches and a pretty decent feud over the last 2 months or so. For that reason only is why I really don't see Edge helping Hardy in any way. He'll screw Punk somewhere, but won't help Jeff in the process. And with Jeff's status with the WWE hanging in the balance, he's just going to bounce from person to person with 1 and 2 month feuds until his future is decided for the next few years.

But to sum it up, I think this is the first time in a long time creative has nothing for Edge to do as far as a heel goes. He's likely going to turn face... it's just a matter of how and when they'll do it.

Reactions: Lee
As we speak, Edge's body is fighting the long usage or wear and tear he has gone through over the past decade. My hats off to this man who after serious injuries and insane matches is still able to perform at a high level and put on amazing matches. Get some rest Edge, then come back and become world champion !!!

I personally am glad for this, maybe it is a movement to start letting some of the big boys take a PPV off sometimes. Or, maybe not, and it is nothing but a request and wants to catch his breath. I personally am tired of seeing him in the main event at EVERY PPV.

I'm still expecting something to pop up with him, but yeah, pretty much agree with the general feeling that he is just having some rest because there isn't anything going on for him right now. I am expecting/hoping for Edge V jericho at Summerslam, it could be epic.

I agree with you 100% where the fuck is Edge? But I think its good, that Edge is off a PPV. 'Coz he pretty much headlines most of them. And he is off the title scene, but hasn't gotten into any feuds lately, but I do love the fact that he has beaten Hardy and Morrison 2 weeks in a row cleanly! When the hell was the last time you saw Edge win a match clean!?!?!?!!?! Maybe if Mysterio does get his requested release or if Hardy doesn't sign a new extension, they might make Edge a baby face! And maybe a possible Morrison vs. Edge feud, Punk vs. Edge, or maybe even Jericho vs. Edge? The possibilities are endless!

I agree with you 100% where the fuck is Edge? But I think its good, that Edge is off a PPV. 'Coz he pretty much headlines most of them. And he is off the title scene, but hasn't gotten into any feuds lately, but I do love the fact that he has beaten Hardy and Morrison 2 weeks in a row cleanly! When the hell was the last time you saw Edge win a match clean!?!?!?!!?! Maybe if Mysterio does get his requested release or if Hardy doesn't sign a new extension, they might make Edge a baby face! And maybe a possible Morrison vs. Edge feud, Punk vs. Edge, or maybe even Jericho vs. Edge? The possibilities are endless!

Well, there will be absolutely no way that Jerico and Edge will be feuding anytime soon, seeing as how they are now the tag team champions. I was extremely glad that the two got the belts. I expect that they will have a nice long run as champions.

Personally, them winning the belts has only made me even more certain that they will fight each other at Summerslam. They can only coexist for so long, and their egos will get in the way of them being a team. See also, HBK-Diesel, Austin-Michaels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back