• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bash General Discussion

Steamboat Ricky

WZCW's Living Legend
64711_ew.jpg

Keep general discussion in here. I shall start:

What in the heck are they trying to do with "THE BASH" as the name? Be more sensitive to the fact that not all WWE fans are American? Perhaps they were trying to combine both GAB and Bash at the Beach? Regardless, I think they should have chosen a different name than this. :disappointed:

I think that "The Bash" just confuses things. Honestly, I had thought that the Bash was from the Great American Bash, but I never even thought of the Bash at the Beach. However, considering that this PPV event will be held in Sacramento, CA, it's not at a beach-type environment. I believe that it's more for the GAB, than anything. We'll just have to wait and see what the layout is.

I think they should have kept the Great American Bash name, just for the fact that it's vintage and history, especially from innovator, Dusty Rhodes. I understand that not all fans are American, and the WWE is turning into a politically correct idealism, but it's simply idiotic to constantly change PPV names.

Honestly, with Night of Champions being in July, the Bash should switch with that PPV, making the Bash a 4th of July PPV, or something of that nature.

Well it has to rank up as one of the worst PPV names of all time. It just sounds soooo wrong. "WWE presents...The Bash" huh?? World Wrestling Entertainment Presents "The Bash" huh?

The shit doesn;t even sound english, sounds like some bad grammar or something lol.

'The Bash' - Quite possibly the lamest name for a PPV, hopefully the card and the event will not be as lame as the name. This could be good thought, by using a generic name such as the Bash, it will allow the wrestling to define the the PPV, rather than the name. ie Extreme Rules, Backlash, Armageddon, NWO ect.

:wcw: Not too sure where they are going with this one. I feel "The Bash" does derive from "The Great American Bash." I have a strong feeling that McMahon is going through with this name change as to distance himself from anything tied to WCW. It's sad that he don't seem to make any reference to this, as they are a big reason of who the WWE is today. I just hope that with this change doesn't become a lame change a la the "Breaking Point" PPV. It's an interesting concept, but a card with like 7 matches that will end the same will get boring fast. To me "The Great American Bash" is a part of history and I thought that when they adopted the name they wanted to continue with a good legacy. Then again, maybe not.

Actually, it's not that bad a name if you say it right, kinda like with Extreme Rules. I thought it was a dreadful name until it started getting promoted, and now it sounds natural and kinda cool.

I didn't even think of Bash At The Beach, i just assumed that it was shortened from The Great American Bash. I think THE BASH sounds pretty bland/lame but maybe it'll grow on me? Otherwise.. why not change it back to Fully Loaded or something? I'm not American, but the name "The Great American Bash" just sounds purely awesome, and therefore i couldn't wait to see what unfolded at it. I don't think they've changed it for the better - but the name won't prevent me from watching it.. BRING ON "THE BASH"
:fuckoff:

Extreme Rules makes sense for a ppv name (but they really need to stop using it for anything but that. Don't call a no-DQ match "extreme rules" anymore, just call it "no disqualification") but The Bash is just terrible. Its bland as anything and has nothing to differentiate it as exciting and different than the rest. Its basically like naming the ppv "Wrestling" or "WWE presents Stuff".

I've never been a fan of the name "The Great American Bash", but its better than just "The Bash". "Bash at the Beach" only really works if you've got the ppv outdoors and in a beach setting, which is a lot to ask for.

As for the card, we can't guess it at all until Monday night is over with, as we don't even know who the champions will be - though that's sort of a moot point as its obviously going to be HHH or Orton, Punk, and Dreamer. But I'm assuming we'll have the following:

Mysterio vs. Jericho (meh)
HHH vs. Orton (really hope not)
CM Punk vs. Edge (seen it enough already)
Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger (hope not)
John Cena vs. Big Show and/or The Miz (hopefully the Miz, with Miz winning)

And then I don't know. MVP against someone...Kofi/Hardy....tag title defense....too early to tell.

Well,
I hardly think that "The Bash" is the worst name ever for a ppv. I would much rather have them keep "The Great American Bash" name, but still, "The Bash is far from worst name for a ppv.

Wasnt there a couple of PPV's during the last year of WCW named like "WCW Sinn" or "WCW Greed." Now that's just repulsive. I remember even back then saying, "Man, that's a really fucking stupid name for a PPV."

I was absolutely astonished when I saw they had changed it to "TEH BASH!!11!!!"

What on fucking EARTH is the WWE doing? One of their best PPV names, one of the greatest wrestling traditions, all of that. Why in the SHIT would you not only move away from it, but fucking change it to THIS generic bullshit?

Just TERRIBLE. Absolutely positively terrible.

No clue on the matches, since we dont know what the outcomes of mondays big event are. All I know, is the name alone almost makes me not even want to buy the fuckin show.

It's a shit name, but it's better than it was. Why, as a non-American, would I give a shit about that show over others? It's hardly aimed at me.

I thought it was Night Of Champions next so this is a cool surprise. The July PPV is on Sky Sports so I'll get to watch NOC. It also makes sense to move it. There's no need for two gimmick PPV's in a row. Also NOC establishes your champions before SummerSlam.

What in the heck are they trying to do with "THE BASH" as the name? Be more sensitive to the fact that not all WWE fans are American? Perhaps they were trying to combine both GAB and Bash at the Beach? Regardless, I think they should have chosen a different name than this. :disappointed:

I am not really that upset about the name change. I was a lot more upset when they made that idiotic new logo last year. The old one looked awesome and then they just go off and for whatever reason changed it to a stupid generic one. If they are so intent on keeping that lame logo, then the new name "The Bash" was a necessary change. Keeping the old name but leaving the american colors out of it would have been a far worse idea in my opinion. In all honesty I think wwe should have just discontinued this ppv and knocked their schedule down to one ppv a month, which they would have if they got rid of this one. Without the old patriotic frames it lost most of its appeal, now it's just another random ppv during summer in between two much bigger ones (Extreme Rules, Night of Champions) so NOBODY is going to care about it since the bigger matches will most likely be saved for more important ppv's. If they just got rid of it then nobody will complain about the name change (or for people like me.... the logo change.)

That aside.... I'll still try to enjoy "The Bash".

At least The Bash isn't like that event way long ago called "This Tuesday in Texas" hahahahaha. But maybe if the Bash was called something like that, I'd be a little more interested.

I do not really enjoy the name change. But the Great American Bash reminds me more of WCW. It always has since I am a WCW guy. The Bash is a bland name though. They should change it completely or keep it as Great American Bash. But of course they won't.

Well, I heard the PPV's name was changed because Vince doesn't like the U.S.'s current president. I don't know if it's true or not nor do I care. Just food for thought. *shrugs*

I agree that the name is stupid. Why not just call it Fully Loaded, Vengeance or King of the muthafuckin' King? I just hope they continue the tradition of putting unexpected guys into the main event title mix with MVP challenging the new WWE Champion (whom I assume will be Orton come tonight.) Or if Cena wins the title yet again Miz will get a shot.

My quick fantasy card for "The Bash."

- WWE title - Orton vs. MVP
- World title - Punk vs. Edge
- IC title vs. mask - Jericho vs. Rey
- U.S. title - Kofi vs. Matt Hardy
- Cena vs. Miz
- ECW title - Christian vs. Bourne
- Benjamin/Haas/Ziggler vs. Morrison/Truth/Jeff Hardy

I'm not so sure if I can believe that Vince changed the name because he doesn't like the current president Obama. That just doesn't make sense to me but, maybe it's true. Who cares, right?

The name change really doesn't phase me too much because WWE seems to be changing the names of their PPV's lately. The Great American Bash should have just been taken out all together this year and been replaced with the Kin of the Ring, now that would be something people would like to see.

Anyways, here's my predictions for The Bash:

WWE Title: John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Triple H vs Big Show
I beleive tonight's title match will end in some sort of manner where there is no clear winner. Meaning the WWE Title is vacant. This match would see Triple H winning the title most likely.

World Heavyweight Title: CM Punk (C) vs Edge
I think tonight's World Heavyweight Title match will see CM Punk cleanly pin either one of the men and retain his title. This will set up a number 1 contender's match between Edge and Jeff hardy with Edge getting a cheap victory. This match would see Edge get himself disqualified to keep the CM Punk/Edge feud going.

ECW Title: Tommy Dreamer (C) vs Christian
I see this feud going on a little longer. Tonight's match between the two of them will, in my eyes, see Dreamer get a win via roll-up. This will set up for Christian to complain that he was cheated out of the win. This match would see Christian go for the killswitch when Swagger interferes setting up for another Triple Threat match at the next PPV.

Intercontinental Tilte: Chris Jericho (C) vs John Morrison
I think the Mysterio/Jericho feud is finally over, not that it was bad. I think Rey losing his mask is a shere sign that the feud is ended. I believe Morrison will make a run for Jericho's title. They will end up feuding for about 3 months until Morrison finally goes over Jericho to win the IC Title and start really making his way up the ranks. This match would see Jericho win ina very close match.

Unified Tag Team Titles: Colons (Carlito & Primo Colon) (C) vs Legacy (Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase) vs Hart Trilogy (David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya)
I am really hoping that this match makes the card. I think it will be Colons vs Legacy but, it would be a better match with Hart Trilogy added to the mix. If this match happened I would have Legacy finally get the tag titles they have deserved for quite some time.

Can't think of any more matches but, some wrestlers that are sure to be on the card that were not listed, Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, MVP, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, etc.

I'm from the UK and I think it's stupid WWE has dropped the words "Great American" from the PPV name. "The Bash" just sounds like a really stupid name for a pay-per-view.

I'm from the UK and I think it's stupid WWE has dropped the words "Great American" from the PPV name. "The Bash" just sounds like a really stupid name for a pay-per-view.

It was a stupid name however you look at it. The Great American Bash would only be a good name if the gimmick of the show was America vs. everybody else.

So far all 6 of the matches added to The Bash are championship matches. If the whole show is gonna be a championship fest then what is the point of having Night of Champions? Doesn't it just take away from that PPV if other PPVs are also gonna be full championship PPVs? Hopefully they will add atleast 1 more match to it that won't be a championship one.

So far all 6 of the matches added to The Bash are championship matches. If the whole show is gonna be a championship fest then what is the point of having Night of Champions? Doesn't it just take away from that PPV if other PPVs are also gonna be full championship PPVs? Hopefully they will add atleast 1 more match to it that won't be a championship one.

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I came up with that the difference is that all the titles are on the line at Night of Champions. Still though it's dumb. The problem is there are too many champions. There should only be 1 womens champion, 1 world champion, an ecw champion, a us, an ic and the tag champions. There are usually 8 or 9 matches on a ppv. Having only these titles would give you 6 title matches and 2 or 3 non title matches on a ppv.

So, didn't someone once say that the Great American Bash was usually a very weak PPV?
I think it's shaping up to be pretty dang awesome. I might even buy it, depending on the price.

People not getting PPV time:
John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Evan Bourne, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, William Regal, Chavo Guerrero, Big Show, Brian Kendrick, Shad and JTG, Kane, and the Hart Dynasty.

People that ARE getting PPV time:
Mark Henry, the Colons, the Miz, Dolph Ziggler, the Great Kahli, Michelle McCool, and Melina.

John Morrison is the next big thing in WWE.
Evan Bourne is the most entertaining man in a ring.
Kofi Kingston is the 2nd. He's also a champion.
Kendrick is great in the ring.
William Regal is a joke. He used to be respected. You should fix that.
What happened to Cryme Tyme?
Edge is...awesome. Why is he not being used?
Kane has been missing since the draft. Bring him back and give him gold.
Big Show is kinda big...use him.

Dolph sucks. In general.
Kahli is slow and broken. And boring.
Nobody cares about the Divas.
Mark Henry is also slow and boring...
I hate the Miz.

Benjamin vs. Morrison OR Dolph vs. Kahli ???
You're right, that's SUCH a hard decision. How in the world can WWE miss that?

The Miz vs. John Cena OR anything else...
I would rather see a 2nd Divas match than see the Miz go over John Cena at the Bash. What a waste of star power. It's because Triple H and Orton are sorta in the spotlight. I would personally use Cena to put over ANYBODY ELSE on the roster. You know what would have made it at least a bit interesting. If Miz won the US title and bragged about being a better US champ than Cena ever was. Than put that on the line, and have Cena win the title...good stuff.

They should use the Big Show to put guys over. He's huge. Anybody beats him (except Cena) and they are instantly more credible. Kofi Kingston would be a good choice to go over him. Matt Hardy when he is healed. Chavo Guerrero could get back at him for something with Vickie.

I just want to know how WWE can NOT use so much talent on a PPV.
I will order it just to see Jericho vs. Mysterio, Legacy become champions, and hopefully to see Orton successfully defend his title. We shall see.
Hell in a Cell at Summerslam anybody?

People not getting PPV time:
Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas,

Haas and Benjamin are jobbers. They're never going to be world champion so there's no point wasting PPV space on them.

Edge is taking a PPV off. Is that so bad? He hasn't voluntarily missed a PPV in 7 years. Give the guy a break. This PPV off means he'll work even harder next month.

Kofi Kingston,

Kofi seems to be taking a break too as he hasn't been on tv in a couple of weeks. I think that's ok too, the guy has been going non stop for over 2 years including house shows. I think he's entitled to a little time off.

Matt Hardy, William Regal, Chavo Guerrero,

It's too late for Chavo and Regal. They're gonna be career jobbers till they retire. Matt Hardy too probably, although he's not on PPV cause he's injured.

Big Show,

Big Show hasn't got anything to do. They can't just throw him in a match. Even the least appealing matches at the Bash have had some sort of build up.

Shad and JTG,

What have they done ever?

Kane is another taking time off. The guy is forty something and he works his ass off, he deserves some time off.

Hart Dynasty.

The Hart Dynasty are still pretty green. Give them a while to get over, will ya.

John Morrison,

Just watch this weeks Smackdown. I've already seen it and I can tell you he doesn't need to be on PPV.

TBK is the only one I agree with you on. He's not being used properly despite the potential the weekly mystery partner angle had.

Mark Henry,

Mark Henry is needed as a guy to take pins in the scramble.

the Colons,

The Colons are a good team and are pretty over right now.

The Miz is awesome. People have been practically begging for a match between him and Cena and the fact that it's on PPV makes it even sweeter. Just because it's not what you want doesn't mean it's not what the people want.

Dolph Ziggler, the Great Kahli,

People like Dolph Ziggler. I like Dolph Ziggler. He's got undeniable charisma. And he's pretty decent in the ring. I do agree that he should be having an angle with someone a little more over than Khali, but whatever. People are always complaining about young talent not getting PPV time, Ziggler is one of the best young talent. And now he's getting PPV time.

Michelle McCool, and Melina.

Yeah, Melina gets a better reaction from the crowd that most of the guys you think should get PPV time. That kinda speaks for itself. And McCool isn't exactly being ignored either.

John Morrison is the next big thing in WWE.
Evan Bourne is the most entertaining man in a ring.
Kofi Kingston is the 2nd. He's also a champion.
Kendrick is great in the ring.
William Regal is a joke. He used to be respected. You should fix that.
What happened to Cryme Tyme?
Edge is...awesome. Why is he not being used?
Kane has been missing since the draft. Bring him back and give him gold.
Big Show is kinda big...use him.

Evan Bourne is not the most entertaining man in the ring. He's fast and jumps around. Yeah he's entertaining, but I couldn't watch that for 10 minutes, if he hasn't got the ability to do anything other than the speed thing I find it hard to care. Even Mysterio has a solid ground game, as shown by the Jericho feud.
Everything else you've said I've replied to up there ^

Dolph sucks. In general.

Alot of people like Dolph.

Kahli is slow and broken. And boring.

Khali is a draw in India, a country with 1,147,995,904 people. Why the hell shouldn't they use them?

Nobody cares about the Divas.

The pops Melina is currently getting beg to differ.

Mark Henry is also slow and boring...

Henry is going to be the job guy in the ECW match.

I hate the Miz.

Oh, well in that case he should go away forever shouldn't he?

Benjamin vs. Morrison OR Dolph vs. Kahli ???

Well I'm kinda sick of Benjamin vs Morrison to be honest. We've seen it what, 4 times? At least Dolph and Khali are yet to go at it properly so it'll be somewhat fresh.

You're right, that's SUCH a hard decision. How in the world can WWE miss that?

I'm sensing a hint of sarcasm there....

The Miz vs. John Cena OR anything else...

Miz vs Cena every time, baby.

I would rather see a 2nd Divas match than see the Miz go over John Cena at the Bash. What a waste of star power.

And please explain why WWE should stop putting over a guy because you dislike him eventhough most like him?

It's because Triple H and Orton are sorta in the spotlight.

Main eventers in the spotlight? Madness.

I would personally use Cena to put over ANYBODY ELSE on the roster. You know what would have made it at least a bit interesting. If Miz won the US title and bragged about being a better US champ than Cena ever was. Than put that on the line, and have Cena win the title...good stuff.

That's a mildly interesting idea. Or at least it would be if the feud wasn't miles past that by now. This feud is above some midcard belt feud. It's a borderline main event feud.

They should use the Big Show to put guys over. He's huge. Anybody beats him (except Cena) and they are instantly more credible. Kofi Kingston would be a good choice to go over him. Matt Hardy when he is healed. Chavo Guerrero could get back at him for something with Vickie.

That's what WWE did with Kane. And look how that worked out.

I just want to know how WWE can NOT use so much talent on a PPV.
I will order it just to see Jericho vs. Mysterio, Legacy become champions, and hopefully to see Orton successfully defend his title. We shall see.
Hell in a Cell at Summerslam anybody?

Dude, stop talking about this PPV like it's Wrestlemania 26. It's not a supercard, there are gonna be some matches that are somewhat questionable. That's cause it's a B PPV. They use B PPVs to occasionally test out how young talent cope on PPVs. What do you want, a hot young first PPV match to be a high profile, A PPV match? That would end up in disaster because maybe the wrestler wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. So they test the water on smaller PPV's. It's nothing to lose sleep over.

- Hate reading threads where someone has to do like 20+ quotes in the same post, AND ITS THE FUCKING SECOND REPLY!!!!!!!

OK sorry about that...

I agree with most of everything you said.In the first post...Screw the 2nd post. Would of loved to seen Morrison vs Edge in a rematch @ the Bash.

But you know whats funny. You said "put Big Show on because he can put someone over...cause hes big" well Khali is pretty much bigger, and maybe they want to put Dolph over?

Also I think this is the problem WWE gets when they have to rush into a PPV, while having a 2nd ppv in the same month, and since its a tri brand ppv like all the others, kinda hurts booking a little IMO.

NOFATE'S THE BASH PREDICTIONS

Let's see here...

WWE Championship (Three Stages of Hell Match): Randy Orton vs. Triple H
--Please don't let HHH win. I don't want to see him champion ever again. The guy is so overrated its ridiculous, and the way he books himself to never lose is just absolutely disgusting. Naturally, these matches always end up on the third decision. As the first is a straight up normal match, I'm expecting HHH to get the pinfall, as it allows Orton to get two cheap wins with the Falls Count Anywhere and Stretcher stipulations, and we all know HHH doesn't EVER put himself in a position where he simply was straight up beaten. If the decisions don't go HHH/Orton/Orton, then mark my words: Orton will get the first pinfall out of some quick roll-up, which makes HHH look even more dominant. Prediction: Randy Orton retains, but is made to look like a jackass in the process, because he's dealing with "the all-mighty Paul Levesque". Time to roll my eyes.

World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
--If they want us to take Punk as a credible champion, they can't make the mistake they did before. Last time he was champ, they made it so he couldn't beat anybody except Snitsky and JBL. This time, he has to be able to defeat his opponents. Despite how I like Jeff better, I hope for Punk's career that he retains his title in a clean finish. Prediction: CM Punk retains via GTS, and is booed the entire time, so they decide to fully turn him heel, and then they realize that too many heels are on Smackdown as it is, and panic lol.

ECW Championship (Scramble Match): Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay
--A little out of left field, isn't it? Henry and Finlay have no business being in this match. I'd have much rather preferred to see Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd get a shot. Doesn't matter. We'll see everyone get a pinfall at some point, in a match that you'd think would be fast paced, but in fact, it'll be rather slow, so it will dull the audience a bit. Prediction: Tommy Dreamer retains after scoring a pinfall on Mark Henry when Finlay hits him with the shillelagh.

Unified Tag Team Championship: The Colons vs. The Legacy
--Why have this match now, when you know they're going to have it at Night of Champions as well? It seems like this spot on the card would have been better suited for Morrison/Edge. This has potential, but I'm not expecting it to be a classic. It just has the chance to be rather good, seeing as how Carlito and Primo are SOOO much better working together than they are on their own. Prediction: New tag champions, and we have a rematch at NOC.

John Cena vs. The Miz
--PLEASE let the Miz win this!!! A win over John Cena will do WONDERS for Miz, while a win over The Miz won't do anything to upgrade Cena. Cena is as over as he's going to be. Pinning one of the future main event superstars isn't going to help him. But man, if Miz is able to not only stand up to Cena and give him a long, intense, back and forth match...but actually come out on top? Wow. They've got a volcano situation here, and they need to let it erupt, rather than fizzle out and make the Miz look like he's a worthless aquisition. Prediction: John Cena wins, since WWE seems hell bent on making it that Cena and HHH win every single match no matter what the consequences. :(

Intercontinental Championship (Mask on the Line): Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio
--I haven't been as big of a fan of this feud as I was hoping to be. It just fell sort of flat. Clearly, Mysterio won't lose his mask, so either Jericho retains by disqualification or Mysterio wins the title back. I'm hoping we have a new IC champ, as I'd like to see Mysterio feud with Shelton and Ziggler over the IC title, rather than have Jericho feud with someone like R-Truth. Prediction: Rey Mysterio wins the title.

Women's Championship: Melina vs. Michelle McCool
--Michelle is winning this. She's the only heel on the brand being booked as a credible competitor, and she'll feud with Melina, Maria, and Gail Kim, whereas Melina has nobody left to feud with outside of Alicia. I just pray that they don't give Michelle a microphone anymore, as she is atrocious at cutting promos. Melina is by far the most talented diva on Smackdown, so I'm HOPING she retains, but she won't. Oh, and this match will be a bathroom break lol. Prediction: Michelle wins after hitting the Faith Breaker or the Angel Wings or whatever the hell its called.

No Disqualification: The Great Khali vs. Dolph Ziggler
--I'm very surprised they added this match to the card, but not a rematch of Edge and Morrison. Hopefully, Ziggler goes over here, as he has a much greater future in the WWE than Khali does. Prediction: Ziggler gets a cheap win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back