• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"THAT'S A SHOCKER IN TNA!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Nick

Climbin' in your windows...
Holy shit

Amazing Red actually won the X-Division Title. I thought he would job to Joe to make him seem a bit more dominant on his way to BFG, but damn! Lashley went into the ring and pummeled Joe to a pulp and Red pulls off his Infra-Red to pin Joe and win the title...

Now this might be interesting. It intesifies Joe/Lashley, and Red can also pull off some very good matches so he should be able to work well with just about anyone.

What do you guys think?

I'm liking how the feud is panning out with the two of them. Amazing Red is great to watch, but this completely puzzles me. He has no character, and I've never seen him on the mic. He's just a pale red-haired flippy. I don't mind that, but I don't know where he can go with the belt, other than a huge spotfest at BFG.

I'm liking how the feud is panning out with the two of them. Amazing Red is great to watch, but this completely puzzles me. He has no character, and I've never seen him on the mic. He's just a pale red-haired flippy. I don't mind that, but I don't know where he can go with the belt, other than a huge spotfest at BFG.

Perhaps this is his chance to finally show a character and show off his mic skills? Like I said, I expected a job here and was blown away. Hopefully TNA uses him well and doesn't use him as fodder at BFG.

This probably means joe is going to lose at bfg and they didn't want Lashley to be x div champ. I liked red when he was with TNA the first time with the long hair, he seemed older, now he just looks like some "kid" who wrestles.

Red is really no biggie. He's hot in TNA, because no one can really keep up with his style, like Mysterio in the WWE. If Red was in AAA, he'd just be another guy on the roster. Don't get me wrong, his skill has improved greatly since the "old" TNA days, but I go with Big J on this one... it was more about Lashley and Joe.

lmao.. I don't watch TNA but this sounds way too familiar.

Lashley vs a Samoan

Interferes in a Title match against Samoan..lol

Santino vs Umaga

Lashley interferes and causes Santino to beat Umaga for the IC Title. lol

And isn't the next tna ppv like their wm? so they're almost recreating the wrestlemania 23 match. Lashley vs Umaga/Samoa Joe

You heard it here first, Lashley wins.

It doesn't take much to guess "Lashley" because you've got a 50/50 shot of being right. If Lashley wins, you're hardly psychic. Lashley needs to be built as a star and big player in TNA. Joe doesn't. Lashley most likely getting the win has got nothing to do with anything he did in the WWE at an event that happened to be Mania. Plus, if you knew anything, you'd also know that Trump's first choice in that match was Hogan. But Vince either nixed the Hogan idea, or Hogan wanted too much money or something of that nature and the two sides couldn't come to terms. Lashley was pretty much a last minute replacement for that match.

I dont know why everyone is being so ass sore about this. "Red has no character..." or "Just another X Division Star". Amazing Red has been jobbing to so many people and helping try to rebuild the X-Division at the same time, and has helped greatly. Red is the champion for his work, and you people act like he is even going to keep it for that long. Maybe a Pay Per View or two at the most. Its the least TNA can do for him after making so many people look good, and bringing some original talent back to the X-Division. When I heard this I was so happy, some new variety in champions is what TNA needs right now, instead of the MEM.

I didn't like this. For one, Amazing Red has basically been jobbing and used extremely sparringly since he came back to TNA. There's times he hasn't been on television for weeks at a time, and suddenly he's thrust into a title match with no real build and no character, so it doesn't make any sense to toss the X division championship on someone so non existent. And for two, the entire match made absolutely no sense. Lashley comes down and the referee allows him to enter the ring and assault Samoe Joe while he's in a match? How does that make any sense at all? Not only is it completely stupid, not only should the referee be fired for his complete disregard for rules (and I don't give a shit about them giving referee's more power, since its still against the rules), but it also makes Red's win look weak, cheap, and meaningless and now he's a champion with no credibility. So what was the point of all of this? Couldn't they have gotten the belt off Joe and on to someone with a hint of credibility. I don't even see the point of Joe having had the X division title at all, his reign was pointless. More TNA booking at its best, meaningless title reigns that do nothing for the championship but in fact make it mean even less.

The whole build up between Joe/Lashley tonight seemed really forced to me and I just couldn't get into it.. from Joe's screaming but not sounding passionate, to they're weak looking brawl, it just didn't do anything for me. That's this man's opinion.

Totally agree with NightShiftLoser about Red...he does nothing for me. You could easily put Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, or a number of other guys that have worked the X division in this role, who have a lot more charisma and ring psychology than Red. That aside, the manner in which he won the title isn't doing the kid any favors. Joe was squashing him and Red only picked up the belt because (story) Lashley interfered and (reality) TNA for some reason believes that having an X title on the line between Lashley/Joe would hurt the match rather than help it. They could have booked this match to make Red look strong going into his title run, but instead they chose to make him look like a paper champion who couldn't win the title fairly.

The situation revolving around the X-Division title tonight was absolute shit that made no sense whatsoever. On one hand, I will say that, for the first time in months, TNA has done something that I simply did not see coming. However, the fact that they slapped the X-Division title on a guy that has received no build up, no character development and has been either jobbing or working dark matches primarily since his return to TNA completely cancels that out.

The match in and of itself was pretty damn horrible. I haven't been very high on Joe's reign as champ, his match against Daniels has really been his only real test while he was the champ and now his reign is over. Throughout the match, what there was of it, Red was made to actually look rather weak at the same time as some of his best shots couldn't even take Joe off his feet. It looked as though that, just as with Homicide, Joe was basically going to beat Red at will had it not been for the interference of Lashley.

And what in the blue fuck was with Earl Hebner just standing aside and allowing Lashley to come in, interfere in a championship match, lay the champion out and nobody gets disqualified? Couple the match with the fact that TNA has now slapped the X-Division title onto a guy that, a few months ago and during one of those sporadic appearances, got killed by Nash in a squash match that lasted about 2 minutes. Horrible, horrible idea.

As for Lashley/Joe, I just don't really care one way or the other. Lashley probably won't be a significant player in TNA anytime soon, at least when it comes to any sort of title scene. Dixie Carter has only recently just figured out that, basically, TNA is a side project for Lashley. It's something to do in between MMA fights. There'll be times when he'll be out for significant time periods preparing for a fight, so it could be hard to have any significant or meaningful feuds with him.

I think that Red was just the beneficiary of circumstance, I think that TNA just needed the strap off of Joe and didn't want to give it to WE or split Lethal Consequences. Thus Red was the default, since Suicide and Dinero are busy.

Just My Opinion

I think that Red was just the beneficiary of circumstance, I think that TNA just needed the strap off of Joe and didn't want to give it to WE or split Lethal Consequences. Thus Red was the default, since Suicide and Dinero are busy.

Just My Opinion

Well yeah, but still..Amazing Red? If they were just going to just put the title onto someone, why not just put it onto Daniels and give it at least some degree of credibility? After all, he's at least been built up to some degree. Not much, but tons more than Red.

That was a good and exciting match. Red won last week's ladder match and had to face Joe.

What I found interesting in this match is Earl Hebner allowing Lashley to come in. The reason being is that Joe told Earl to let him fight. That was a "first" in wrestling. We do not see things different. So Joe let him in and Lashley got the one up.. this helped Red win his match!!!

It was cool to see someone as small (yet talented) as Red to win. That 450 move he did off the rope got the crowd going absolutely nuts because I don't think we saw this on TV yet. This was in the asylum and possibly many PPVs, but to see that on TV is really cool...

Titles are props to fill egos and help put wrestlers over in Pro Wrestling...

This helped elevate Red, push the Lashley/Joe feud, and keep the "unpredictability" factor of TNA Wrestling going! That is what is going to at least help get people talking and to differentiate the boringness of WWE!

Go Red Go! and Go TNA Go.. go tna creative

i read about this in the spoilers the other day and thought it was a good idea. for me, a casual tna fan, i am looking to see new champions all the way around. the x division needs to get back to it's roots where every one of their matches was a "now top that!" type of style. red has paid his dues, came back from a very serious, near career ending injury and polished up his in ring style and has looked good when i have seen him. the tna roster is very deep, and offers not nearly enough programming to showcase everyone, all the time, so no you weren't likely to see him on every broadcast. that's what's exciting is that you really couldn't have expected this, and it was a good move to help advance the heat between lashley and joe. i definitely am glad that the title went to Red. he can have some real good matches w/mcm, lc, we members and prob lose the title to The Pope. Red will be a transitional champ, but give him at least a ppv win first.

Holy shit

Amazing Red actually won the X-Division Title. I thought he would job to Joe to make him seem a bit more dominant on his way to BFG, but damn! Lashley went into the ring and pummeled Joe to a pulp and Red pulls off his Infra-Red to pin Joe and win the title...

Now this might be interesting. It intesifies Joe/Lashley, and Red can also pull off some very good matches so he should be able to work well with just about anyone.

What do you guys think?

Kind of like how santino won his first intercontinental championship?
Lashley comes out, and decimates Umaga, and then Santino Pins him

I wasnt really all that shocked by this, and tbh, the ladder match the prior week sucked in comparison with previous ladder matches. Hopefully though, they focus a bit more on the X-Division now.

Hahaha all u need is someone gettin the hair shaved at the end of joe and lashley and have dixie at joes side and oprah on lashleys side lol... But yeah amazing red winning the title is great.. Cause this can now help his face build and I will look foward to seeing him face guys like the pope and abdul and others... They are going in the right direction on trying to make new stars... Come on this "kid" beat a top star.. That's a good thing

I never read the spoilers for Impact (or any show for that matter), as I often like to be genuinely surprised and wowed by TNA's storylines. In my opinion, they have been doing a great job at keeping viewers going "What the hell?" lately. But in a good way.

I think Amazing Red earned it. After all, he did win a 5-way ladder match to become the number one contender. He has paid his dues lately, jobbing to a lot of people while still keeping his credibility and his connection to the fans...despite getting no mic time and no build whatsoever.

Plus, those who haven't followed TNA since its inception don't know that Red has already been TNA X-Division champion while simultaneously holding the World Tag Team gold with Jerry Lynn.....so he is no slouch.

it was predictable as hell no way they were NOT gonna have an X-division title match at BFG and Joe/Lashley as the x-title match would suck cause Lashley doesnt give a damn

I'm not gonna lie I was pretty shocked 2! But Joe needed 2 lose cuz it would've been corny if Lashley & Joe would've fought 4 da x title

Its about time TNA took notice and did something with their talent they have and so on
Amazing Red is truly amazing seriously if he ever wrestled Rey Mysterio he would make him run for his money! Amazing Red vs Rey Mysterio Jr = Amazing Red (Jonathan Figueroa) he has been there for 7 years he deserves the X divison Title again wining it 3rd time he deserves it!
TNA si just getting better lol about time I watch TNA I have been following his career for over 7 years he is one of the reasons why I watch TNA

I absolutely love Amazing Red, and am excited about him as TNA champion. I think he's the best high flyer there is in TNA, and I'm glad he was the one who took the title off Joe. It gets Joe out of the the division, allows them to take the belt off Joe without him losing to an X division champion, and gives the other wrestlers like Suicide, Dinero, Daniels and Homicide the chance to actually hold a title.

Now bear with me. I know you can say he has little personality,has no mic skills and is too small. But the guy is incredibly talented. The crowd loves him,despite his lack of personality and never even saying a word, which just goes to show, how great he is. I enjoy every match he's in, except when he's squashed, and he is one of the few I can say that for.

This isn't his first disco. He is a former X Division champion, and is a great high flyer. His kicks can come from anywhere, and he can rotate like a ball rolling down a hill, he's that agile. The dude is adrenaline pumping all the time.
Sure he might put on a lot of spot fests, but what more do you expect from the X division. And personally I LOVE spot fests.

But he isn't just a spot monkey. Well, he's a great one. As you all have seen since his return to TNA, he can work a great match that is still exciting. Since his return, he has wrestled 2 tag matches with suicide, winning one and losing one, lost to suicide and Daniels, beat cody deaner,and been squashed by Joe and Kevin Nash. After this, he took quite a break, maybe wrestling the odd webmatch or 2, and then came back last week to win the laddder match. I never expected him to win though, and am thoroughly surprised really. A tribute to how much the crowd loves him, a squash match against him garners lots of heel heat. To me,someone who gets that over without talking must be pretty damn good in the ring.

So to sum up,this should convey my feelings:

And by the way,he has a hand symbol.That is detrimental in order for him to succeed. And to solve his mic issues, he now has Don West to help him. That's going to be great.

All in all, I'm really glad, but I fully expect him to lose the title at Bound for Glory, or the number one contender after ultimate X. Sadly. But I'm still going to mark the fuck out when he wins when I watch on Saturday. Can't wait!

Plain and simple, I love the idea of how Joe lost the title, but I really hate who they gave it to. Sorry, but Amazing Red may be talented, but he's as tall as my 3 year old cousin, he's a spot monkey, and he's been jobbing to the TNA stars for months. What gives him the right to wear the X-Division title? You know, the title that Joe, AJ, and Daniels put on the map as having more credentials and notoriety in the past 5 years than the Intercontinental title has had in the past 10 years? Now, the X-Division title is a joke and so is the guy wearing it.

This is another bad booking decision by TNA. They had SO many other guys to choose from to take that strap from Joe in the same television angle. I think they believe that the X-title will elevate Amazing Red, but the problem is that it had to stoop down to his level. I think that they shot themselves in the foot because instead of crediting Red, it DIS-credited the title belt. They could've given the title to Daniels, (gulp) Suicide, or even Hernandez! If Hernandez won it, his feud with Eric Young could have been made to be more important because it could've been for the title.

Either way, TNA writing has disappointed us... AGAIN.

It hasn't disappointed me, at least it elevates the guy. Amazing Red did come out of nowhere from becoming a jobber to winning the title. He's the underdog, fans cheer for the underdog. The same thing happen when the 123 Kid beat Razor Ramon, lots of people were cheering for him. I'm just glad that the MEM are slowly winding down and losing titles. I would rather see a small X Division guy with talent win the belt then have Joe or Lashley be the champion.

Why would Hernadez need the X Divsion title? he is going for the main event. It wouldn't benefit the guys. They are feuding for the mid card title anyways with the Legends belt. The X Division has been about the Cruiser weights since day one, why would that change? Someone like Daniels could bring credibility to the X Division title but he would be taking a step backwards instead of forwards.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out with Amazing Red before anyone shits all over TNA over one match, the guy gets a good reaction. It's something new and it's elevating talent. If TNA is shit then don't watch it.

I do like the idea of Joe losing the X-Title. In my opinion it's not a belt he really should have went back to and won. Joe has established himself as a Main Eventer or at least an Upper-Midcarder and didn't need to go to the X-Division Title. I understand TNA wanted the MEM to seem extremely dominant holding all the gold but this is a title that Joe didn't need. Makes you wonder how at Slammiversary he could have won the World title but gave it to Angle only a couple of months later to get the X-Title. Makes no sense to me.

On top of that I thought Homicide would have made a great champion but the MEM angle pretty much shit all over his title reign. Hopefully Homicide gets another crack at it to show that he can run the X-Division. Big props to Amazing Red to being lucky enough to snag the gold but I truly believe Daniels(though I'd love to see him get a crack at the Legend's title) should have definitely been the recipient of that title since he was currently fueding with Joe anyway. Amazing Red is a good wrestler but not too sure of deserving the belt especially when you have Lethal Consequences, MCMG, Dinero, Young, and Bashir in the same division. But I'll give TNA time to sort this out and we'll see what happens.

It hasn't disappointed me, at least it elevates the guy. Amazing Red did come out of nowhere from becoming a jobber to winning the title. He's the underdog, fans cheer for the underdog. The same thing happen when the 123 Kid beat Razor Ramon, lots of people were cheering for him.

The 1-2-3 Kid beat Razor Ramon in a random match on Monday Night Raw... not for a major singles title. Big difference there.

Also, I agree that Amazing Red was elevated... I never denied that. However, it discredited the X-Division title as much as Santino Marella discredited the IC title when he won it the day he debuted.

Why would Hernadez need the X Divsion title? he is going for the main event. It wouldn't benefit the guys. They are feuding for the mid card title anyways with the Legends belt.

It's blatently obvious that Hernandez was only throw into the Legends title picture to put his face on the PPV, just like when they wasted his FoF briefcase at last month's show. Eric Young is (most likely) going to screw over Nash and take his title so Young could continue his push as leader of World Elite. Hernandez is being stepped on again as he's rising to the top. The guy needs a seperate push all his own without getting involved in the World Elite picture. I don't think Nash will be able to elevate both of them at once, but only time will tell before we find out.

The X Division has been about the Cruiser weights since day one, why would that change? Someone like Daniels could bring credibility to the X Division title but he would be taking a step backwards instead of forwards.

TNA has changed over the years. The X-Division title was their #2 championship up until the Legends Title knocked it off it's pedastal last year. You all view the X-Division title as a Cruiserweight championship because up until the past 3 or four years, TNA was full of nothing but cruiserweights as their top superstars. So, X-Division title winners were looked at as Cruiserweights.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out with Amazing Red before anyone shits all over TNA over one match, the guy gets a good reaction. It's something new and it's elevating talent. If TNA is shit then don't watch it.

I'm not shitting on anything... as a matter of fact, I don't think I used the word "shit" in my previous post. I said I was disappointed. I'm a big fan of TNA, but not of their creative department. Remember, these are the same writers that wouldn't let WCW veterans get out of the way for new talent to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back