• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

That 70's Show

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
That 70's Show is a program about a group of teenagers living daily life in the 1970's, Sure, it doesn't sound very exciting, does it? Well, it turned out to be a overly hilarious show that garnered a large audience and launched the careers of many actors. Starring Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, and others, the show features main characters Eric Forman, Steven Hyde, Michael Kelso, Donna Pincitotti, Jackie Burkhart and Fez, a group of teenage friends and pot smokers living in the 1970's The show lead to many great moments and laugh in TV history, and is one of my personal favorites.

So what are your thoughts on That 70's Show?

Great show and i still dont understand why there was all that smoke when they sat in a circle. Did you know this was originally a filler for a cancelled program and was only supposed to be a few episodes long to fill the season. Glad they gave it a shot, I still watch it when I find it on. Many laughs throughout the many seasons it gave us. And shame on them for that piece of shit That 80's show they thought would make it.

Easily my favorite television show ever. I've watched every episode (even the god-awful season 8 episodes), and I can pretty much anticipate all of Red's lines.

I think what I like so much about the show is it portrays how difficult the seemingly simple life of a teenager can be, and the 70s gimmick just makes it stand out even more.

I just always loved how they would over complicate something so simple and turn it into comedy gold. No character can beat Theo, like seriously that dude was always hilarious and totally out of it. Good thing about That's 70's Show, even though it had the 70"s theme it was so easy to relate to.

One of my favorite shows. Everybody delievers. Had a great theme song, a talented ensemble. I'm only upto season 6. People say it goes downhill from there, but what the hell!

It's one of my favorite shows. I've watched it ever since its original run and have yet to get sick of it, I'll catch the reruns most afternoons in between classes. Eric is almost exactly like how I was in my late teens. I hated the final season (yet another show that died shortly after an important character leaves....) because the new guy sucked and the show just went downhill without either Eric or Kelso around.

It's a great period sitcom that really benefited from the classic 30-minute sitcom structure, more so than a lot of other sitcoms that were running through the 2000s. It kept things from getting stale and didn't need to rely too heavily on storyline to be entertaining. The stock characters all played on their stereotypes in a self-aware way but I think a huge part of the reason why the series was able to carry on for so long was the discovery of how multi-dimensional each main character was and how endearing they really became... even Donna. I also loved so many of the running gags of this show like every scene change being a psychedelic dance number and obviously the basement "Circle" sessions.

It didn't hurt that the cast was awesome and at the time, a lot of them were newcomers or hadn't done much high profile stuff before so they were truly fresh faces. I really can't picture the roles of the main teenagers (Eric, Kelso, Hyde, Jackie, Fez, and Donna) being played by anybody else because these guys are so synonymous with those characters for me. When I saw Topher Grace in the abomination that was Spiderman 3, I couldn't help but picture Eric Forman and honestly, that's what he's always going to be recognized as, despite his attempts to get recognized as something else in the film world.

I always tune into this in syndication because it's always fun to watch and doesn't involve long-term commitment to enjoy. Sometimes it's nice to have a show like that.

I own every series, and it made me a mark for Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace. Some of the great humor in the show still "lives on", per-say. I actually do say "burn" like Kelso when something happens to one of my friends, say if someone makes a mother joke, I just chime in with a "BUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!" Just for the lulz.

I think after Topher left, and then with the exit of Kutcher as Kelso, the show did become less humorous. The only thing I really enjoyed from the very episode that began it all, to the very show that finished it, was the fact that in every episode, Red said he's stick his foot in someone ass, and never did it. But even then, the fact that they got the dude from Robocop to play Red was a feat in itself.

Great show, I truly miss it. Still watch a boxset or two when I've nothing better to be at, or I'm sick.

One of my favorite shows of all time. The cast really interacted well together, even though it's well know that Topher wasn't extremely friendly w/the rest of the cast in real life. That aspect never came through on screen

Also, Jackie Burkhart is SMOKING!

One of my favorite shows ever. When I was living on my own with a DVR, I had it programmed to record That 70's Show along with Scrubs whenever it was on any channel. Got sick of Scrubs fairly quickly but I managed to watch every single episode of That 70's Show and I still watch it whenever I catch it on to this day. Matter of fact I just got done watching it and the episode with Ken Shamrock and The Rock(and uncredited appearances by the Hardys) is about to come on and I'll be watching that too.

They pushed the envelope a lot for the era they were in,what with the constant Marijuana references and sexual humor. I loved it simply because it was funny. They used a lot of the Sitcom cliches that everyone else used, but they compensated with original writing and very believable acting. Ashton Kutcher still hasn't topped his portrayal of Kelso with any of his other terrible movies to this day in my opinion.

Great show.

I attempt to watch this every time it is on. It is not my favorite show of all time, but it is in my top 10. It always provides copious amounts of entertainment in every episode. I'm not as deep as most of you, and I don't view the show as showing "how difficult the seemingly simple life of a teenager can be." I just watch is because it is fucking funny. Fez is one of the greatest tv characters ever created to me. The guys accent makes everything he says so much more funny. Kelso is another favorite as the shit he does just makes me laugh. The show brings me so much joy when I watch it, and it has withstood the test of time. It's just a show about some friends who smoke tons of weed and attempt to get girls. A pretty generic show minus the weed, but it worked so well with the cast that it had. A true classic that everybody should watch.

That 70's Show is definitely one of my favorite shows of all time. I own every season on DVD and also what whenever it's on TV. It's just such a hilarious show. The writing is brilliant, and the cast is perfect for their roles. Plus it's awesome because the characters are easy to relate to. You can almost put yourself and your friends into the roles and see tons of similarities. A lot of my friends used to tell me that I remind them of Hyde, which always cracked me up. All in all, a good show that I would recommend to anyone.

Great, great show. The whole cast played their roles to perfection; but my personal faves are Red and Kelso.

Went down hill when Topher Grace left, then Ashton Kutcher left for a while. It wasn't the same then. But the first 5 seasons were laughably watchable television. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back