"Thank you, Vince" (for real)

I was there, and the "Thank you, Vince" chant started slowly and grew quite a bit. It never became something that filled the whole arena. I think that the ones who picked it up were people who have been following rumors a bit and realized that there was a possibility that we might be seeing the end of the "Mr. McMahon" character. I think it would have gotten even bigger, but there was still uncertainty as to whether he was actually semi-retiring the character or if he's going to be back next week in a "power struggle" angle.
The "Hey, Hey Goodbye" chant was just the fans following the angle that had just played out in front of us with a contemptible character getting his come-uppance, and then the "Thank you, Vince" was kind of a realization that this might just be a send-off for a character that has played a big part in some of the most memorable angles of the Attitude Era.
Vince briefly acknowledged the thank you after the show went off the air and then went right back to work on the post-show theatrics with Cena. It was all a little weird and uncertain; some of the kids and the casual fans were really confused by why we chanted "thank you" at all. It sure as hell was compelling to watch and be a part of, but I won't pretend that I know for sure whether or not we just saw the end of "Mr. McMahon" onscreen. If I were to venture a guess--and that's all I got--I would guess maybe even Vince doesn't know yet how long he's staying off the air.

It would make more sense if you understood what spam was according to the rules, and therefore how you haven't really posted a topic, more a sentiment which wasn't deserving of it's own entire thread, in the process causing lots of people to do the same. If you simple want to say 'thank you', do you really think the spam section isn't the best place?

It would make more sense if you understood what spam was according to the rules, and therefore how you haven't really posted a topic, more a sentiment which wasn't deserving of it's own entire thread, in the process causing lots of people to do the same. If you simple want to say 'thank you', do you really think the spam section isn't the best place?

The topic of conversation was about how drastically Raw has changed over the year and how it's slowly becoming a "must see" show every Monday. But if that's what you call spam, then whatever. What the fuck do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back