• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thank You Mike Killam

Status
Not open for further replies.

akrassikauda

#Evil Empire
Just read Mike Killam's latest article,one part of the article told the truth.

You don't care about wrestling...

What are the biggest complaints from the internet these days? John Cena is the WWE Champion, Christian got screwed over by the powers-that-be and Randy Orton's ego, and...people still can't wrestle. Since John Cena as champion makes perfect sense right now and Christian's fan club dwindles with every passing week, I want to focus on the third major gripe. Do the people complaining really care about the wrestling in professional wrestling? No. I don't think they do. I think they care more about whining about the lack of in-ring ability than the actual fault itself. Straight-up wrestling does not sell nearly as well as people want it to. If the same (or better) ratings could be achieved by having Chris Jericho challenge Daniel Bryan every single week, that's what the WWE would do. But there is great ability among the WWE roster, if you know where to look... This year I've made it a point to watch WWE Superstars as often as I can, and I found out that's where the WWE has been keeping all of their talented performers. Tyson Kidd, Zak Ryder, Tyler Rekks, Trent Baretta, and Drew McIntyre have been consistently putting on fantastic matches week after week, and nobody is paying attention. If you really wanted to see wrestling in the WWE, you'd stop hoping for John Cena to suddenly sprout Olympic gold medals and you'd tune into WWE Superstars. But you can't seriously expect Vince McMahon to push those talents purely because of their in-ring ability, when the show with great in-ring action wasn't able to stay on network television. Tyson Kidd and Trent Baretta might sell a ROH iPPV, but they're not pushing $40 WWE events. If you really cared about wrestling you'd be attending independent shows and cheering for TNA to stick to their latest gimmick.

He's right the WWE gives you smarks what you want but it's still not good enough. If you want wrestling in the WWE watch Superstars or Smackdown. Raw is the entertainment part of WWE ex: how many Raws in the past 18 months had less wrestling but more promos or segments. Smackdown for a long time now has been seriously overlooked for it's wrestling and story lines( Rocks BDay Bash ). Superstars the only problem is no tv but you can find it on the net.

It takes time for these guys to get to the a-list. Instead of bashing WWE about who should be in their top 5 and why is this guy champ, he sucks it's only for kids blah blah blah. Look at the overall product, they're giving you want you want and has always wanted, to be entertained via story lines or wrestling just got to watch it.

I agree and disagree with this at the same time, if you can get that. I agree because as much as so-called "smart marks" clamor for more wrestling it doesn't sell on it's own. There has to be an entertaining storyline with it. But, you cannot sell an interesting back story if the culmination to it sucks, and the culmination is always, you guessed it, in the ring.

This is why The Miz would never have succeeded after the split from Morrison in 2009, because he still wasn't very good in the ring. But after a year and a half of hard solo work, he progressed enough in the ring to put on good enough matches to be WWE Champion, and he still worked wwith veterans such as Lawler, Orton, and Cena at that time, and was never the main focus, as he was still improving in-ring. And vice versa with a guy like Evan Bourne, he is great in-ring but is too bland to ever carry an interesting storyline.

And I agree with the last part completely. The wrestling is there. Daniel Bryan put on sick matches with Sin Cara and Cody Rhodes recently on Smackdown, Ryder, Baretta, Kidd and the like has been putting on great matches on Superstars. They are there, you just have to look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back