Ten Best/Favorite TV Shows

In no particular order and I am not sure if I am doing best or favorite and it is likely I am forgetting many shows I actually prefer over these.

Arrested Development
Boy Meets World
The Simpsons
Fawlty Towers
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
X-Men: The Animated Series
Chappelle Show
Impact Wrestling
Lost
Three's Company

Honorable Mention:
The League - possibly currently my favorite but will withhold judgment until it has a larger body of work
Curb Your Enthusiasm - currently viewing, I like it quite a bit but I am not sure it approaches favorite status

Childhood Favorites:
TMNT
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Animaniacs

[Heel] Green Ranger;3756660 said:
New favorite shows...
Alcatraz

How is Alcatraz? I hate procedurals but I heard there was mythology and sci-fi so maybe I could get into it if there was enough of those two.

I always forget Chappelle Show. Might be the funniest show I've ever seen. That takes the place of All in the Family on my list. Need to remember this shit.

1. Sons of Anarchy
2. The Walking Dead
3. Family Guy
4. Justified
5. Homicide
6. Wilfred
7. Its Alway Sunny in Philadelphia
8. Malcom in the middle
9. Scrubs
10. Finding muthafucking Bigfoot ( I don't even know why I watch it, it's not like they're going to find a bigfoot and the head guy Matt "MoneyMaker" I can't remember his last name but I think it might be Smith makes me want to choke the shit out of him and repeatedly head but him between the eyes then kick him in the nuts for good measure, If I did't already shave my head I would go bald from pulling my hair out listening to this fuckhead talk about "typical Squatch behavior", please explain to me how you would know what "typical Squatch behavior" is when there has never been a Sasquatch in captivity or otherwise to fucking study their behavior DAMN IT!)

Other than that it Sports and wrestling and some MMA when I get the chance..... oh and Ghost Adventures and other paranormal shows, I like those sorta shows too.

1) The Simpsons
2) How I Met Your Mother
3) Arrested Development
4) Penn & Teller: Bullshit
5) Friends
6) The Office (UK)
7) Hustle
8) Family Guy
9) QI
10) Father Ted/Black Books

If I was to pick wrestling shows, Smackdown and Raw would be 4 and 5, respectively. But I don't think of them as TV shows.

You don't have HBO or Showtime. I can tell.

Meh, most HBO and Showtime shows get overrated. Besides Raw and Burn Notice, there isn't a single TV show I watch when it first runs. I watch White Collar and The Office later on the cable DVR, but other than that, it's Netflix.

Watch The Sopranos. Do it now.

I've been rewatching it again recently, currently on episode 5 of season 6. The only bad thing about the show is that I can't just watch 1 and be done, I need to watch another straight after, so I'm racing towards the finish. Also, the episode with Chris, Paulie and the Russian guy in the forest is still my favourite episode.

In no order,
1 - The Wire
2 - The Shield
3 - Friday Night Lights
4 - The Sopranos
5 - Still Game
6 - Fawlty Towers
7 - Oz
8 - Spaced
9 - Deadwood
10 - Sons of Anarchy

Meh, most HBO and Showtime shows get overrated. Besides Raw and Burn Notice, there isn't a single TV show I watch when it first runs. I watch White Collar and The Office later on the cable DVR, but other than that, it's Netflix.

Have you seen The Sopranos, The Wire or Deadwood? I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, I guarantee you'd like them.

My faves, of all time:

1. Baccano!
2. Dad's Army
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. The Addams Family (original black-and-white show)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [80's cartoon]
6. Trigun

That's really it. I could name other shows I've really enjoyed, like The West Wing, Gilmore Girls, House, Psyche, but they aren't ones I'd put on a list because they don't feel like "my" shows, if that makes sense.

Have you seen The Sopranos, The Wire or Deadwood? I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, I guarantee you'd like them.
I believe I've seen an episode or two of Deadwood. But no on the other two. I'm interested in the Sopranos, but too cheap to rent/buy any.

Scubs
Family Guy (although its gotten worse as seasons progress)
South Park
HIMYM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The League
Chappelle's Show
Boy Meets World
Tosh.O

I know that's all comedy, but Netflix doesn't have some of the stuff I hear good things about (The Wire/Sopranos/early Simpson seasons).

Family Guy (although its gotten worse as seasons progress)

Ever since Mila Kunis became Meg. Not necessarily because of Mila Kunis, that was just when I noticed the writing became different. The first season of Family Guy is arguably the greatest comedy TV show ever.

Before and after the show was canceled seem like 2 different shows. Before they didn't rely on as many cutaway gags, now it's a surprise if they don't have at least 6 or 7 a show.

Always Sunny
Family Guy
HIMYM
Pardon The Interuption
Fresh Prince
Modern Family
Eastbound and Down
Inside The NBA on TNT
The Basketball Jones ( It's a video podcast so it could be considered a TV Show of sorts)
Key and Peele

Those were in no paticular order. There are many other shows I will watch though several ESPN shows, American Dad,Simpsons and Tosh.0 mainly. I've just started watching Pysch as well.

The Best:

1) The Sopranos (there likely won't be another show as great as The Sopranos for another 15+ years...it is leaps and bounds ahead of every other English-speaking television program that has thus far been created).
2) The Wire
3) Early Doors
4) Arrested Development
5) The Royle Family
6) Twin Peaks
7) Community
8) It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (would be higher if the latest couple of seasons weren't so ratchet).
9) Curb Your Enthusiasm
10) Peep Show

1. South Park
2. The Sopranos
3. Dexter
4. The Wire
5. How I Met Your Mother
6. Futurama
7. American Dad
8. Tosh.0
9. The League
10. Burn Notice/White Collar (I could probably just put USA Network programming since every series is pretty much the same exact thing.)

I'm not a big TV watcher really.

The West Wing
Peep Show
Impact Wrestling
Question Time
Ed
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
That Mitchell and Webb Look
QI

Oh, and I didn't enjoy the Sopranos very much and thought that the few episodes of the Wire that I saw were totally unremarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back