• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tell us about you as a gamer

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
This I think will be cool to see how varied gamers we are. When answering the questions please also give reasons for that so as not to be a spammer :p

Questions:

What is your favourite game(s) for any machine?

Link to the Past for the SNES, I think this game is perfect. It has the 16 bit graphics that haven't aged at all, the music is great and the story is epic.
----------
What is your least favourite game(s) for any machine?

The one I bought in recent times was Sonic and the secret rings: the game play is shocking and the worst controls I've seen in a long time.
----------
What is your favourite console?

I think the SNES is my favourite console gaming wise, there are many classics on it. I think the peak in recent times is the PS2, a good mix of great games, awesome graphics and opening DVDs to the mass media.
----------
What is your least favourite console(s)?

The Sega Master System, I can think of very few classics for it, those that were classics were also available on the Genises/MegaDrive.
----------
How many games do/did you own?

I'm not going to count, at the moment I think it's over 100, but in my life time it's easily over 500.
----------
How many machines do/did you own?

Own: Eleven (including hand held)
Consoles I don't own anymore: Another four on top of that.
----------
Who is your favourite character(s)?

Luigi, he's your stereotypical under dog.
----------
Who is your least favourite character(s)?

Tingle, he's atrocious.
----------
What got you into gaming?

I guess it was my parents buying me a NES for Christmas 1991.
----------
What was the first game you played?

Super Mario Bros 3, I thought it was incredible the first time I played it.
----------
What was the first machine you had?

As pointed out twice now it was the NES
----------
What are you looking forward to at the moment (gaming wise)?

Dragon Quest IX looks amazing for the DS, Japan have gone mental for it, and I'm a big fan of the others in the series.
----------
What's your favourite game soundtrack?

OOT: Seriously a good sound track, when I hear the songs today it gives me great memories.
----------
Most memorable moment(s) in a game.

For me it was when Charmander finally ended his evolution cycle to Charizard, it felt like my hard work had paid off.
----------
Worst memorable moment(s) in a game.

Your Princess is in another castle! What a cruel trick to do to a 6 year old kid!

It's impossible to say, as I've played many games and tons of them stick out. At this point in time, I'm going to have to say MegaMan Legends 2.This game shaped a chunk of my childhood, and it was just so much fun. The story was amazing, and it was a huge improvement over the original. The game was just a joy to play.
----------

I have no idea. I've played many bad games, but they've all had redeeming factors. Take, for example, Glover. The game certainly wasn't a good game but it was still fun in places and had an interesting puzzle mechanic. Or, Gex: Enter the Gecko. Bad game, but a decent enough platformer. Iggy's Reckin Balls had a very unique style of gameplay. I've yet to play a truly bad game.
----------

The Nintendo 64. I had never seen anything like it, in terms of games and the fact that it had four controllers. It had some great games made for it, as well, like OoT and MM, Super Mario 64, and others.
----------

The original Xbox. Maybe it was my age, or tastes, but there was only one game for it I really enjoyed. The system as a whole just didn't appeal to me. I never owned one, but I used to play it at a friend's house.
----------

Goodness gracious. A bloody ton.
----------

Ten plus. I don't remember exactly how many.
----------

Luigi. He doesn't get enough love.
----------

Master Chief. Overrated.
----------

My brother had a Game Gear. Remember those? If you don't, they were Sega-made handheld systems with full color display and a lot of fun games. It also took six AA batteries to power and sucked up energy like the dickens.
----------

Sonic Spinball for the Game Gear.
----------

My own personal system was an original Game Boy. It had a translucent shell, and my first game for it was Kirby's Block Ball.
----------

Nothing that I can think of, unless playing more emulated games on my computer counts.
----------

Gitaroo Man. It's just awesome.
----------

The ending of MegaMan Battle Network 3. I finished it while at a friend's house and I was crying my eyes out the whole time in front of him. Battle Network was the first series I ever got completely immersed in.
----------

Impossible bosses in Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie), Nebula Grey (MegaMan Battle Network 5), and others.

This has to be a tie between Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Paperboy on the SNES. I still play San Andreas today after having it for about 5 years I think, and Paperboy I grew up playing on my friends SNES. I broke his controller I played this game so much.
----------

I've never played a game and found nothing redeeming in it, so I really can't say I have a least favorite. The closest thing I can say is Call of Duty: Finest Hour because for some reason, I can't seem to get past the second level where you're going through the sewers.

This is a tough decision. It would have to be between the PS2, the Genesis, or the SNES. My PS2 has gotten many hours of gameplay since I got it on Christmas of I think 2001, when ever Smackdown Just Bring It came out, and the majority of the games I own are on this system. I grew up playing the Genesis and the SNES and had many fun hours playing Sonic, Paperboy, Mario, and many others. I would still own these today if I hadn't felt the sudden need to sell them when I was younger. I didn't realize how much I would miss them. :icon_cry:
----------

The Nintendo Wii. I don't have the fancy internet so I can't go online with it which means no old school games. None of the games for the Wii interest me like ones for the Xbox 360 or the PS2. If it weren't for the lack of internet on it, this wouldn't be on here.
----------

I have at least 90 right now. I sold over 60 PS1 games a while back and had several Genesis and SNES games. I would put the number at close to 250 video games.
----------

I own 11 right now and have sold about 4, so in the range of 15-17 all together.
----------

Sgt. Matt Baker from Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I liked Band of Brothers and it felt like an interactive Band of Brothers, and Sgt. Baker was an interesting character.
----------

I can't really think of a certain character but there are some in Fallout 3 who are major jerks. Wario does disturb me because of his freakish look, along with Walaiugi.
----------

My cousin sent me his Genesis for my 4th birthday. I played that thing to death even if i only played 5 of the games I had.
----------

Sonic for the Genesis. 4 of the games I was sent were Sonic. One was Sonic 3-D or something along those lines and it was very weird.
----------

My other cousin gave me his Game Boy and the only game he gave me was Tetris. I was either 3 or 4 and I didn't see any entertainment in Tetris so I wasn't really impressed by video games at that point.
----------

One of my friends is trading me his SNES for some games I no longer play so I can't wait to get that. I'm waiting for R.U.S.E. to come out at the beginning of next year.
----------

Unoriginal would have to be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and original would be Super Mario World.
----------

When I beat Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It was the first game I had ever beaten and was an important landmark in my gaming life.
----------

It would have to be trying to beat the second level of Call of Duty: Finest Hour about 10 times in a row before giving up. I never made progress and one time I actually did worse. Still my least favorite level ever.

I'm torn already! I love the original Mortal Kombat, and think the series is one of the greatest things ever, but I'll go with the latest in the storyline, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. It has every character ever used in the game, and the one-player story mode is one of the best in the franchise.

----------

This a really tough choice, because there's been some really bad ones over the years. Of the ones I've owned, I'd go with the first Garfield game released on the Game Gear. I don't remember the exact name, but it was just god awful. The graphics were bad, even for the handheld it was on, and the gameplay was atrocious.

----------

I've never had any one console for more than a few games, and haven't owned anything newer than PSOne or XBox. I'd say SNES is my all-time favorite, just because the sports games really started to blossom there, and that's about all I ever play. The Game Boy could probably take this for me, if only for Tetris.

----------

Nintendo GameCube. There wasn't one game that was ever enjoyable for me, and the controller was just way too uncomfortable to use for any length of time.

----------

I currently own about 5 games. Pokemon: Gold for the GameBoy Advance, NHL '98 for the PSOne, and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Crash NitroKart, Halo 2, and NFSU:2 for the XBox.

----------

I've only actually owned the 3 I currently have for myself. When my brother was younger, he had every system, and still has them all in his room. He even has Jaguar and Saturn...There's an Atari somewhere too, but it's all boxed up.

----------

Scorpion. Ever since MK debuted in the arcade, I've used no one else but him on a regular basis. His backstory in the game is amazing, and is one of the backbones of the franchise.

----------

Cortana. Halo is the only shooter I have ever enjoyed playing, but it took a while for me to get used to her annoying voice and interruptions during gameplay. It all relapsed in Halo 3 when she messes with your head and slows down the visuals and controls...I was getting pretty pissed off.

----------

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. This was the first game I ever actually saw in person, and it was fun to just pick up and play without having to be "good" to enjoy it.

----------

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. It wasn't long after that I was playing Tetris and Pitfall...

----------

The first I owned was a PSOne. There was always the newest system in the house though. The first we had as a family was the NES.

----------

MK9. It's still a long way off, and I really have no way to play it, but I'm excited to see where they take the story, and what the game is like. I heard mixed reviews on MK v. DC, but this is supposed to be going back to the heart of the series.

----------

I don't think any game used music quite the way Halo did. Every part of the game had it's own music to add to the story, and who didn't love playing The Maw, driving like a madman, with that music playing in the background?

----------

Like Lee, my most memorable moment involves Pokemon. When I first got Gold, and then within a few weeks had every Pokemon, all the badges, and was well on my way to getting them all to level 100, I was proud of myself.

----------

One of the first times my brother and I ever played GoldenEye together, we were fighting against each other, and had a tie score with only 1 kill to win, and there was 2 other people playing with us (can't remember who offhand), and I thought I had him lined up, and walked myself into a proximity mine he had laid...I felt like such an ass...

System Shock 2 for PC. It was beautiful for its time, the upgrade system was innovative, the plot twist was completely unpredictable and shocking... I could go on and on about this game. Simply amazing.
----------

Halo. VERY VERY overrated, did absolutely nothing to revolutionize the first person shooter that hadn't been done a million times, the plot sucked... again, I could go on and on.
----------

Atari. It was my first console and it shaped me as a gamer. Games like Dig Dug, Frogger, Asteroid and the like are STILL fun to this day.
----------

Xbox. There wasn't anything good on it that wasn't better on another system.
----------

Not that many, honestly. I'm more of a renter than a buyer because I just find it more economical, considering how quickly I tend to play through a game.
----------

Ten, counting a couple of PCs I built specifically for gaming.
----------

Solid Snake. I love the contradiction he represents. The Metal Gear games, despite being war games, are at their very core, about the horrors and futility of war. Snake personifies this in how he deteriorates throughout the series.
----------

Master Chief. Fucking hate him, Halo, Bungie, and everything they stand for.
----------

A combination of the Atari, and the Commodore 64 my parents bought when I was a kid. You might not realize it if you didn't have one, but the C64 was a fantastic gaming rig in its day.
----------

Frogger, on the Atari. I sucked at it. I could get across the road but my mom had to help me get across the river.
----------

Either the Atari or the C64. Probably the Atari.
----------

God of War 3, Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Darksiders: Wrath of War, Alien Vs Predator, Max Payne 3... I could go on, but that's enough for now. ;)
----------

Bioshock.

Enough said.
----------

The mothership launch at the beginning of Homeworld (PC RTS game).

The scene I'm talking about starts at 2:50. Simply beautiful scene. I still get chills watching this.
----------

The day Microsoft got into console gaming.

Resident Evil 4 - Never have I been more gripped by a game. The gameplay, the story, the setting, the characters, the violence, the tension, just fucking everything. In my opinion it's the best PS2 game of all time, and it's certainally in the top 3 on any system.

Spiderman 3 - Spiderman 2 was the benchmark that SM3 should of easyly beaten. Instead what was produced was probably the shittest game of 2007. Ugly graphics, ugly gameplay and quite possibly the worst gaming camera... ever!

Playstation 2 - Oh my god, the games you could get for the PS2 were incredible. All the 3D Grand Theft Auto's, Kingdom Hearts, Gran Turismo 4, Tony Hawk's Underground, Resident Evil 4 just to name a few. The PS2 is probably the most important console in history, as it really paved the way for what we have today. If it wasen't for the PS2 being able to emmerse you into a world like it could, I doubt gaming would quite be the same now. Thank you Sony, you made a legendary console.

Tough one, as I haven't really had a bad console. If I had to choose one though, I guess the Gamecube, because I remember desperatly wanting a PS2 one Christmas and instead I got a fucking Gamecube. The games were still good I guess but I wasen't really interested in it.

Currently only about 16 but over my lifetime, I'm gunna guess roughly 400/450.

Currently only two (Xbox 360 & Wii) but over my lifetime, 14.

Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4) - Never in my life have I wanted to be a gaming character more then I wanted to be Leon. In RE4, he was just so cool, he had a great look with that coat and he never seemed to be troubled by anything. In my honest opinion, he's almost gaming's version of James Bond... a complete bad-ass but is just so cool at the same time.

Wario - Fuck off you useless fat bastard! That's all I have to say about that...

Three words: Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 - I just remember being absolutely amazed at how good it was. It's still amazing today.

Sega Megadrive

Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2
- As of November 10th, my social life ends! And I fucking can't wait! :D

Sonic the Hedgehog - If you didn't like the music from Green Hill Zone, you officially are related to the devil. The rest of the soundtrack as amazing too, but that one tune still remains the best even to this day.

[youtube]GFHvxuuOymo[/youtube]

Best gaming track ever? How can you even argue against it?

Finishing Resident Evil 4. I didn't want it to end. Just stunning.

Watching the credits to Resident Evil 4. I enjoyed it that fucking much!

Questions:

I will go with GoldenEye 64. I've had a lot of games that I loved over the years, but this one and Mario Kart 64 are the ones that stick with me. I recently was introduced to Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, both of which I enjoy
----------

I can't think of any games I hate(d), but I was extremely disappointed by SvR 2009
----------

N64, without a doubt. I also like my PS2, and I'm liking my Wii.
----------

I was never a fan of the Gamecube. It was just a huge disappointment compared to the other consoles out at the time.
----------

Between my and my girlfriend, there are over 50 games in my apartment.
----------

I have a PS2, Wii, GBA SP, plus my girlfriend's Gamecube and N64. I also have an Atari at home and used to have a NES.
----------

Yoshi and Link I always liked Yoshi, and Link is growing on me
----------

Natalya from GoldenEye. God that bitch was stupid
----------

Couldn't tell you, all I know is that I've been playing for almost as long as I can remember
----------

Either Duck Hunt or Monopoly for the NES
----------

NES
----------

New Super Mario Bros. I preordered it, and I can't wait for it to come out. (next week right?)
----------

Ocarina of Time is good, but I like the Super Smash Bros. soundtracks
----------

The first time I beat the Elite 4 in one of the Pokemon games
----------

The first time I entered Jabu-Jabu in OOT. That temple is hard as fuck, and the Princess didn't help matters either.

Operation Flashpoint for PC. By itself the game is good, but because of the INSANE amount of user generated addons that you can download, the game is EPIC. An awesome soldier sim, you can make any scenario you can think of in the mission editor. Replay value forever. Until ArmA came out anyways...
----------

Friday the 13th for NES.
One word... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Just a hair more frustrating than ET for the Atari.
----------

PC, by a light year. Graphics have always been better and has far more capabilities than any console. It's what I grew up with.
----------

The Wii. It's gimmicky and the games are horrible (With a precious few exceptions). Sega CD is a close second.... HORRIBLE LOAD TIMES.
----------

I've kept every game I've had in my life, plus with torrents and abandonware... and this is no exaggeration... a few thousand. Easily.
----------

Atari Aquarius, Vectrix, 2600, Commodore 64, NES, SNES, Genesis,
4 iterations of Game Boy (original brick, color, Advanced and SP), Dreamcast, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Pocket Neo Geo, both X-Boxes, GP2X Wiz, PC, PSP and my netbook. All working... although most are in my closet buried.
----------

Don't have an outstanding fave... I'll name a few.

Cpl. Adrian Shephard (Half-Life: Opposing Force), Bitterman (Quake 2... he saw some serious shit!) Claude Speed (GTA 2-3), Bill Rizer (Contra series)
----------

Lots of Japanese characters. I don't mean their ethnicity, I mean anime type characters.... annoying.
----------

wheww...... I honestly can't remember, I grew up with an NES, Vectrix, Aquarius, 2600 and Commodore 64. Played C64 the most out of them.... my earliest memories were of playing that.
----------

Honestly can't remember the absolute FIRST, but SOME of the NOTABLE firsts were:
Raid over Moscow (C64), Beach-head 1 & 2 (C64), Mario 1-3, Contra, Blaster Master, Double Dragon, Nightstalker (Aquarius), Clean Sweep (Vectrix), Scramble (Vectrix)
----------

Probably a Commodore 64, although my earliest memories were like 1988, so we already had a few systems at that point.
----------

Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2, AvP, Homefront, Gran Turismo 5, Super Street Fighter IV, Jagged Alliance 3, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

----------

Street Fighter II, Mike Tyson's Punchout! and the Command & Conquer Red Alert series.
----------

OWNING Contra III in hard mode. Beating Battletoads/Double Dragon (Fuck that game is a boner to beat). Beating Mario 2. Beating Beach-head II. The entire Black Mesa incident (Half-Life and it's expansion packs... I know it's not a MOMENT) was an awesome story to play through and finally KNOCKING OUT MIKE TYSON!

OH and the intro to Dark Colony!!!! (seriously, check this out)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ByIYt_Wp4I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ByIYt_Wp4I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

----------

This isn't in a game, but 3d Realms going out of business (and what that means for Duke Nukem Forever) is my worst moment in gaming history.

Megaman Anniversary Collection. 8 awesome classics in one.
----------

SVR '09. I had enough money for a newer PSP and I wasted it on this? Damn! :banghead:
----------

The PSP, its versatile. If you catch my drift. :suspic:
----------

The Gameboy Color. 3 months with it and a better one comes out. Damn!
----------

Own? Around 70
----------

At the moment, my Gamecube still lives, my PSP and an N64. Ive had a Playstation an NES, Gameboy Color and Advance and for a few month a PS2
----------

Megaman. The Blue Bomber is awesome. I love trying to draw him.
----------

Bowser, he's an idiot.
----------

I got a hand me down NES in 1996 and there goes the times.
----------

Megaman 6
----------

The NES
----------

Being able to afford one :icon_neutral:
----------

SVR 07. I like rock...
----------

Beating Megaman 6. After 11 friggin' years I finally did it.
----------

Beating Soul Reaver 1. All that awesome gaming... For an inconclusive end? :wtf:

Call of Duty 4. I loved the story mode when I played, it had one of the best ending's ever. Also I have spent countless hours in multiplayer, I spent my entire spring break on Crossfire.
----------
Spawn: Armageddon. My first mature game, one of the few for the gamecube, and this game frustrated my 10 year old mind beyond belief. Those stupid angels killed me everytime.
----------
Gamecube. This is the console I grew up with and still play. Mario Kart DD is my favorite racing game, and SSMB took countless hours out of my life.
----------

The Wii. No matter how many times I try, the only game I can play on that thing is Wii Sports. Just can't get the hang of it.
----------

50 at the most. I don't buy tons of games and get the most of them
----------

Gameboy Color, Gameboy advance, DS, Gamecube, N64, and Xbox 360
----------

Soap Mctavish (SP?) The beginner soldier who you can get behind as you end the war on terrorism
----------

Toad. Mainly for Luigi Mansion (I never got to play the original mario so I don't know about the other castle stuff) But everytime I found that whiny bitch I wanted to shut him up but he was in that Mansion at least 20 times
----------

Watching my cousin play Mario 64. After I saw that I had to get video games, which I did that Christmas.
----------

I can't remember, but the first game I owned was Pokemon Gold. Still pick up my original cartridge.
----------

Gameboy Color, got for Christmas.
----------

Left 4 Dead 2, SvR 2010 (Haven't got it yet), Mod Warfare 2, and Brutal Legend

----------

I guess Mass Effect? I don't pay attention to the soundtrack
----------

Easily the final moment of COD 4. When you put that bullet in his head it felt so good

----------

Finding my Mass Effect file was erased mysteriously, erasing days I spent on it.

Questions:

Hmm, real tough one, my favourites change constantly, have you ever played a game called Little Big Adventure? It's just a good little rpg game with puzzles and all sorts, you play a guy called Twinsen and well it's a giggle okay. The sequels good too. If not that then Final Fantasy 9 would be my choice.

I havent played a vast amount of games to really pick one, I am not really much of a gamer, certainly not in current years. I find 9/10 video games to be incredibly shite, so lets just say most.

Old school it's the SNES, I dont think there was a more reliable console ever built, I still play that to this day.

Anything Sega, never could get on with it

Not a counter, I doubt I've owned a hundred games though

3 altogether

Steiner from FF9, the guy just cracked me up, and despite being the comic relief he was pretty fucking badass as well

Spyro, what a cunt

Not really into gaming

It was some game you had to shoot pheasants, it was for the SNES, played it round my cousins

SNES

Sweet FA, with the possible exception of Gears 3 and I wait in anticipation for anything Eldar Scrolls related

Dynasty Warriors, cant beat constant immense guitar solo's

A few stick out, most of Gears of War, FF9 after the Black Waltz killed all those black mages and everyone was terrified except Steiner who just charged the fucker. Love FF9

The immense cheesiness that comes out of most storyline based games

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back