Favourite Music in a Video Game

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
I'm sure this has probably been done before but I was clicking through some classic video game soundtracks this afternoon whilst I ment to be writing my essay (oops) and it made me think, what music from video games do you like? Which individual piece of music from a game did you love to hear? Sometimes the music on a certain level was my inspiration to keep playing, just so I could hear the sweet sweet soundtrack as you played.

I have three:

[YOUTUBE]MPkhhLC1tf8[/YOUTUBE]

This SCREAMS 8-Bit at me, like no other piece of video game music has. Just to confirm I never played Duck's Tale as a kid but I can imagine this grabbing your tiny little heart as a youngster and never letting go. Hey, it's one my favourite pieces of music from a game and I never even played the game. Speaks volumes.

[YOUTUBE]53JjzgVVwlU[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, just because this is in my top 3 favourite pieces of video game music EVER dosen't mean I liked the game. Infact it sucked, I gave up after 8 hours of running down corridors. But when I first loaded up the game, and when this music hit, it quite literally melted my heart and I ended up listening to it for 10 minutes straight. Simply beautiful.

[YOUTUBE]RyoMQg3d5cs[/YOUTUBE]

Now, I was 5 when I first heard this, back when I was a true Sonic mark. And oh my fucking god, this blew my mind. It sent my heart racing, my hands were shaking. I knew this was it, do or die time. And the combination of the final boss battle and this music all added up to what was an incredible conclusion to one of my all time favourite games. It's a piece of music that reminds me how fucking brilliant the 90's were for video gaming.

[YOUTUBE]4qJ-xEZhGms&feature[/YOUTUBE]

That song alone made the very first Legend Of Zelda game so damn awesome. It made me dance when I first started playing it back in 96 or so. Everytime I would play the game I would hum this song. It's my favorite of all time.

[YOUTUBE]E_Xa6XECzSg[/YOUTUBE]

This song got me to play some pokemon! I would go to sleep playing and wake up needing new batteries. Back in the day, these games were the shit. I loved them alot.

[YOUTUBE]kA5Wc1_Zghk&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Donkey Kong has to be one of the greatest video games ever and part of the reason is because of this song. I love it and it just fits in all to the game because of the beat.

Here's an honorable mention:

[YOUTUBE]JbkDIFPks5M[/YOUTUBE]

Okay, I know this is only for the trailer, but HOLY FUCK! The launch trailer MADE me buy the game and it was the right call. But this music MADE the trailer the epic it is in my eyes. Simply AMAZING! Even though it's been out for a year, I still watch the trailer simply for the music, it's that good. Why can't the same amount of effort be made for every launch trailer. ME2's PS3 launch trailer was piss in comparison.

Here are 3 brilliant picks that you guys should be able to enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]P_f2de7xktA[/YOUTUBE]

Shenmue II: Shenmue Tree Theme 1 - This is a very beautiful theme that plays around the end of Shenmue II. It feels amazing to hear a theme like this after playing the game for hours, realizing that the Shenmue Tree is what gave the name for the series.

[YOUTUBE]Kf__D_hDUVU[/YOUTUBE]

Shadow Man: Main Theme - This is the main theme to my favorite game of all time. This theme is a great mix of an epic adventure and the dark atmosphere that you will experience with this game.

[YOUTUBE]8tMIOyDI_BY[/YOUTUBE]

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis: Save Room Theme - This theme plays whenever you're in a save room in RE3: Nemesis. Very haunting, suspenseful, and relieving music from all the chaos and horror in the outdoors.​

[YOUTUBE]5CdJY0X63wM[/YOUTUBE]

Lu Bu's theme always gets me pumped for slaying hordes of enemies and of course doing battle with the ultra hard Lu Bu himself. I will forever be a fan of the Dynasty Warriors series and forever a fan of this song.

[YOUTUBE]0z8g-IAGZfs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Same reasoning behind this one,except it's japanese.

[YOUTUBE]dDZ0j9pSOWE[/YOUTUBE]

I've owned this game since the day it came out three or four years ago and have yet to finish it.I turn it on,jam out to this,and go back to the dashboard. It's a damn shame. Actually I just love any intro to a Tales game :shrug:

[YOUTUBE]Jg4zzQ5um2s&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

So in love with this song. I want to be one of those back up dancers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back