• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Orton vs. Team Batista, Traditional SS Match

Joker ' Ferreira

Next Cristiano Ronaldo (w/ brains)
Team Orton (Randy Orton, William Regal, Cody Rhodes, Shelton, Mark Henry) vs. Team Batista (Batista, CM Punk, Kingston, Matt Hardy, R-Truth)​

So... we have the second and perhaps the last Traditional Survivor Series Match of this year edition of what should be an enormous show... well it isn't.

Team Orton consists of: him, Rhodes, Mark Henry, Shelton and... Regal, I don't why, but William Regal was thrown to this match, it doesn't make any sense at all, if it was Ted diBiase, it would be ok, but now... what? Regal isn't feuding with any of this guys and shouldn't.

Batista is feuding with Orton, Henry still is feuding with Hardy, Shelton with R-Truth, and the World Tag Team Champions well... at least against Rhodes.

Your thoughts about this one...

Is Dibiase hurt or in the dog house or something? I agree with you, I don't quite understand that one but we'll move on...
I'm starting to get bored with Survivor Series matches. There is no creativity put into the teams anymore. It's just what heels and faces can we throw together into teams because they are feuding or have been feuding. I'm sure they've probably been doing that for years, but this years seems really slapped together. Survivor Series really helps prolongs feuds it seems. I guess with Orton and Batista it may be the start of them feuding, Punk and Kofi have been feuding with Rhodes, R-Truth and Benjamin have been fighting and all their feuds will probably continue after this. Hardy and Henry have been feuding since Summerslam now and hopefully this will mark the end of their feud. As for the match itself, I see Orton being the lone survivor left after sneaking an RKO on Batista. Orton has a knack for winning Survivor Series. He's been the sole survivor of three Survivor Series (2003, 2004, 2005) and was the last man eliminated on his team in 2006.

This match is somewhat better than the HBK/JBL just because they have stronger competitors and such I'm still not super excited about this. Hardy Vs. Henry feud soon needs to end and I though it did but I guess it countinues. And the whole Dibiase thing is just weird, he must be hurt since it doens't make a whole lot of sense. I think the match will be pretty decent since most can wrestle pretty good, and Orton, Punk, Hardy, & Batista all get the crowd involved with their matches. I see the heels picking up the win setting up a possible Orton Vs. Batista and maybe Cena match.

This match has a slight bit more appeal because Randy Orton is in it. But it still has random and bullshit written all over it. It will come down to Orton and Batista and Orton will pull off the victory because he always does at SS. This is his ppv. Here is how I see the order of elimination going. Batista eliminates Regal, R-Truth eliminates Shelton, Henry eliminates Kofi, Henry eliminates Truth, Hardy eliminates Henry, Orton eliminates Hardy, Punk eliminates Rhodes, Orton eliminates Punk, Orton eliminates Batista. Now I'm gonna come back and check in a couple weeks and see how close I was WWE creative really dropped the ball on this one though.

So far, this card doesn't really interest me. This SS match has much better competitors than the other, but that's not really saying much. The WWE needs to start building up feuds between the two teams, instead of just sticking a random bunch of feuding heels and faces into two teams and calling them teams. Thats just stupid, and it takes away from the Survivor Series matches. And there should be some sort of backstory to the matches as well. And Dibiase should be in there as well. Kofi one half with Rhodes, and Punk one half with.... Regal? Makes no sense.

Anyway, this is obviously setting up for a Batista/Orton feud, maybe for the No. 1 contendership down the line. I see Orton getting the win for his team with a sneaky RKO at the end on CM Punk for some reason. Don't ask why I say Punk, I just have a feeling. But whatever happens, the heels will win this one, no doubt in my mind.

Another poor Survivor Series match. I have no doubt that it'll be better than the other. It's just the teams are a bit dull. I'm not sure why Hardy is involved, great way to make his title look totally irrelevant, and as a result I don't see the point in Henery being involved. I can't help but think that brand specific matches would have been better. Hardy vs. Henry should be over by now, as should Shelton vs. R-Truth, Regal isn't feuding with anybody on the opposite team, no Ted Dibiase or Manu. So the only real feud is Orton vs. Batista. All a bit of a waste of time.

Yet another porrly booked match for Survivor Series, theres guys in this match that have nothing to do with eachother, they are'nt in feuds and this match has'nt even been built up properly, infact this is like the other matches that have been booked.

If WWE wanted this match to be booked properly and built up why did'nt they do this alot earlier? They could have had fun with "inter-brand" wars. The crowd would have got into this match much better. Once again the wrestlers in tis match seem to be just "pushed" together, i really don't understand why this is another boring match booked.

Forgive my ignorance, but when and where was this match announced because this is the first i've heard of it.

Dibiase is supposed to be out of action after getting punted in the head by Orton. He's not a ME guy, so he's not 'tough enough' to recover from it as quickly as say Punk did. Plus maybe Orton refused to have him on the team after he was stupid enough to ruin his first match back...... That doesn't explain however why we have Regal in the match instead of Manu.

However, what WOULD explain why Regal is in the match, is because he's the 2008 KOTR and current IC Champion, wouldn't YOU want someone of that calibur on YOUR team? Plus i doubt that the creative team are confident enough in Manu to put him on PPV which is a shame because i'd like to see what the guy can actually do. I'm sick and tired of him being part of a 6-man tag and barely being in the ring at all, or part of a 3 man beat down where he just clubs people. As for Regal, if he was one of the last guys left on Orton's team that would definitely give him some more credibility since he's done nothing but wail on Noble for nearly 3 months now.

I agree that Hardy/Henry should be over by now. It should have been over after Henry lost his rematch for the championship, never mind 2 months later. Does Vince not get that he got the lowest vote at Cyber Sunday because the fans don't want to see him wrestle Matt again?

It's Orton's first PPV back so i imagine it'll be his team that wins.

Team Orton (Randy Orton, William Regal, Cody Rhodes, Shelton, Mark Henry) vs. Team Batista (Batista, CM Punk, Kingston, Matt Hardy, R-Truth)

I might be alone in this, but on paper this is what I'd consider a regular (old-school) Survivor Series match-up. Batista and Orton are capt's. of their team's which I like. Punk is feuding with Orton as well, and Kingston is his partner.. so that all makes sense. Rhodes is likely still upset about losing the Tag Titles to Punk/Kingston, so that continues the storyline.

Mark Henry/Matt Hardy and Benjamin/Truth are also in semi-feuds, albeit the Hardy/Henry one needs to badly and desperately END NOW.

William Regal is the odd man out, and someone mentioned DiBiase either being injured or in the doghouse. Well, that may be so (injured) but what the hell does that mean for Manu?! I'm sure he's neither of the above mentioned theories. So that just tells me he's not grown into a spot worthy enough of being on a 5 man team. Sad.

In the end, I love this match-up though. It's old-school to me, with how Survivor Series matches should be. It's not slapped together to the point of noone having anything in common with the others. The other Survivor Series match is basically like that, since half the feuds from the other one are already OVER with.

This is the match i am most looking forward to but i fear Batista will be left 2 on 3 and somehow win by himself. What I would love is this match to help elevate R-Truth and Cody Rhodes. Possibly have Batista taken out prior to the match (i realise they would never do that) then have Henry eliminated first, then Regal, then Kofi, then Punk, then Hardy leaving Orton, Benjamin and Rhodes against R-Truth. R-Truth to eliminate Benjamin after reversing a pay dirt, then Orton making Rhodes go in and prove himself, refuse to allow him to tag out, have Truth pin Rhodes eventually before turning round into an RKO. Orton wins, Batista wants revenge on Orton, Rhodes still trying to impress Orton, Truth elevated, Benjamin wants revenge for Truth eliminating him and Regal to enter a IC feud with Punk or Kofi.

Jesus Christ, they aren't even trying to put together good Surivor Serises matches this year are they, this match look like absolute shit, almost as shitty as the other traditional SS match, I much rather see them have the members of teams for traditional SS matches all be on one brand (Raw team vs. Raw team, SD! team vs. SD! team, ECW team vs. ECW team), IDK but to me that would have more potential for good SS matches then the crap they are giving us

I can't for the life of me figure out why Regal is in this thing, except that maybe they are planning to spawn a feud between either him and Punk or Kofi from this, other than that everyone seems to have history with some one on the other team, Hardy and Henry need to find new feuds after this, they've sucked whatever life was in that feud out by now, and there are plenty of other worthy challengers for Matt over on ECW, Batista/Orton always seemed like it could be WM worthy to me, but if they are going to start it now I don't see how they could manage to caring the feud all the way to WM without having them face each other one on one before, and as far as Shelton adn R-Truth goes, who cares, personally I'll just be happy if R-Truth gets eliminated right off the bat, the dude plain sucks

To the poster who asked when this match was announced: The first time I heard it announced was on last night's Smackdown! (14 November 2008).

To the poster(s) who wondered what's up with Ted DiBiase Jr.: He recently just got married, I think just a day or two after Orton punted him in the head. So, he may be on his honeymoon; or, he may just show up and take Regal's place in the coming week.

But, in terms of the match, this is definitely the better of the two traditional Survivor Series matches yet announced. While the teams may be incongruous in terms of current feuds, I think it is important to remember that Survivor Series matches can also serve the purpose of just putting together interesting or never-thought-of-before teams or of showcasing the talents of a particular wrestler that the WWE wishes to make more appealing to the crowd.

In the most general terms possible, I see this match going down thus: early on, you will have Batista either counted out or disqualified. Following his exit, Team Orton will cheat to eliminate CM Punk, Matt Hardy, and Kofi Kingston. With all or just one of its members missing, you will see Team Orton face off against R-Truth. And, in the end, R-Truth will eliminate three guys by himself only to get pinned by Orton in the end.

I'm not complaining. I think this will be a pretty decent match-up considering most of the performers in the match entertain me a lot. It also helps that both captains are two of my favorite wrestlers as of now. I sure as hell think it's better then the other match. Plus like Will said almost everyone in the match is feuding, which is also great. So far i'm happy with SS especially this match.

This will probably be the 2nd or 3rd best match on the card....Everybody with the excepton of Regal has been in a feud the past couple of months....I have this feeling that it's gonna be a squash like Team DX v. Team Rated RKO two years ago and I hope that doesn't happen...I see it coming down to Orton v. Hardy and Punk with Orton RKO'ing Punk to be the sole survivor for the 4th time

I know this may be a long shot but does anyone see batista turning heel maybe after this match or during the match. There has been alot of rumors about the evolution reforming as the second generation. This may be the time where they start rejoining evolution. Orton and Batista will recruit all the 3rd generation guys and there you have the evolution 2. Regal doesn't fit into this match.

First I would like to say that ''Tdigle'' is absolutely right... Ted DiBiase just recently got married and is probably on his honeymoon or something. WWE needed something to happen to DiBiase if he would just not be seen for a couple of weeks.

Also why is everyone saying that just because William Regal isn't feuding with anyone on the opposing team, this will be a bad match? Regal is a very talented performer and WWE is trying to push him as a legit contender for being in the same ring as individuals like Batista, Orton, Hardy, and Punk. Also Regal is very good at ''selling'' finishers and will add some ''realness'' to the match as he would sell the ''Batista Bomb'', ''GTS'' and ''Twist of Fate'' beautifully.

As for who I think will win... I would have to say Orton's team. I have seen all of Randy Orton's Survivor Series matches and see that he is always the sole survivor, except for Team DX sweeping Team Rated RKO, but even then Orton was the last member eliminated. I predict that Batista will be the last man left on his team with 3 people on Orton's team (maybe Orton, Henry, and Rhodes). Batista who is very hurt manages to perform the ''Spinebuster'' to Henry and eliminates him. Rhodes then comes in to attempt to impress Orton, but runs into a ''Spear'' by Batista and later eliminates him. Batista seems to have hurt his shoulder and takes a while to get up... by the time he manages to come to, Orton performs the RKO and eliminates Batista to be the sole survivor at his 4th Survivor Series in 6 appearances.

I agree with Will on this one. Typical smarks. Just because one guy out of ten isn't feuding with anyone but is thrown into this match, everyone is complaining about it. What else was there for Regal to do? A Santino/Regal match wouldn't be pay per view quality or worthy, and most if not all of the Raw babyface midcarders are already on the card, so why wouldn't Regal be in this matchup? The team captains are obviously the main focus of the match, and so they should be. This Randy Orton/Batista feud has loads of potential to be great. And this is a great way to start it off.

It's obvious this match has much more talent than the other Survivor Series match. I'm really looking forward to this match. It just has an old school feel to it. This could actually been one of the best matches on the night if booked properly. Batista and Orton need to carry most of the match since this match is basically all about them. This should be a very good 17 minute match. I'm expecting shock eliminations and all those other important things that make the Survivor Series traditional matches, so good.

I see the heels picking up the win here with Randy Orton once again being the sole survivor on his team. Then Batista will complain how Orton "cheated" to win, and will therefore set up a match between the two at either Armegeddon or next year at Wrestlemania 25. I really like this 5 on 5 matchup, and I have high expectations for it. That could be because of the well booked Orton/Batista feud so far.

Actually looking forward to this match. Just for the fact that I will get to see Orton and Batista in the ring together fighting most likely. Sure not everyone is feuding. But remember this is how the old Survivor Series matches used to be like. Unlike the other two Survivor Series matches this one is slightly intriguing. Knowing how well Orton performs in these types of matches I expect Team Orton to win. Then again he did lose one Survivor Series match as well. Should be exciting at least.

This is basicly just alot of feuds thrown into 1 match. I stilll think they should have made it team Orton vs team Punk. But we're stuck with Batista vs Orton. This match should be the better of the 3 traditional survivor series matches. I usualy always enjoy the TSS matches , So i expect to enjody this one as well. I forsee a Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes vs Batista in the end of the match. Orton will somehow screw Batista out of the win. I expect much of the faces to be eliminated by the heels that they're feuding with. I also expect the only face's that will pin a heel will be CM Punk and Batista. I'm hoping that this leads to a Orton vs Batista singles match at Armageddon.

Team Orton wins after Orton screws Batista

This was my personal fave out of all three matches.

Regal getting eliminated in 8 seconds? BULLSHIT! I can't believe they had 2 SSerires matches where someone was eliminated within seconds of getting in the ring, the other being Victoria in the divas match. How can you take these guys seriously when they wreslte 1 0n 1 after that?

All the guys put on decent performances, although R-Truth didn't seem to do anything different that usual. That stupid twisting cross body he does looks less effective every time he does it, especially in that match. He just seemed to spin AROUND Shelton instead of actually hitting him. Glad to finally see Shelton pin him though.

Batista obliterating both Mark Henry and Shelton was to be expected, but having both Cody and Orton win was the best possible outcome imo. I'm glad that the only interaction between Orton and Batista was Orton RKOing his monkey ass into jobville, therefore leaving them with unlimited possibilities for when they go 1 on 1 in the future without it having to repeat anything.

Once again Batista gets beaten with that stupid 'what do you mean i can't pin him' look on his face. I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE OUTWRESTLE THIS GUY AND BEAT HIM THOROUGHLY! No more of this, wait for him to stop paying attention to what's going on in the match and then get the win outta nowhere.

Kinda could see the outcome coming, as none of the heels had won anything so far during the PPV (unless you count Beth Phoenix, but when it's brand vs brand, faces and heels kinda go out the window...... unless you're Maryse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back