Taryn Terrell - Making A Little History

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As of today, Taryn Terrell has been TNA Knockouts Champion for 234 days, giving her the longest single run in the title's 7.5 year history. After I read this little tidbit, it got me a little curious as to where her reign falls compared to every other reign with every other title in TNA history; As of right now, there are only a small handful of title reigns in TNA history that are longer:

1. Jeff Jarrett: NWA World Heavyweight Championship: June 2, 2004 - April 3, 2005 = 305 Days

2. Austin Aries: TNA X Division Championship: September 11, 2011 - July 8, 2012 = 301 Days

3. Bobby Roode: TNA World Heavyweight Championship: October 26, 2011 - July 8, 2012 = 256 Days

4. America's Most Wanted: NWA World Tag Team Championship: October 11, 2005 - June 18, 2006 = 250 Days

Disputed
1. Abyss: TNA Television Championship: June 2, 2013 - July 3, 2014 = 396 Days
- The title was never seen, defended, or used again after Abyss won it, though it wasn't declared officially inactive until July 3, 2014.

In wrestling today, or a least wrestling that fans in the USA see on TV regularly nationwide, a title run of 8 months is a rarity, especially when said title reign is one that's relevant rather than it ultimately being a case where the company has the champ ultimately just carry the strap around without really doing anything with it. So, the 29 year old bombshell has a little somethin' to brag about.

Setting up for an epic final battle when Gail Kim eventually takes it from her.

The best part about this whole thing with Taryn though... it's been done split as a face and heel. That's an accomplishment in and of itself.

I never watched Taryn in WWE, but from everything I've read, she's carved out the best part of her career in a TNA ring, as a TNA persona. Chalk this up to another notch in her belt there.

It's impressive, but these numbers should have a footnote.

Taryn won the title at the tapings on September 19, but the title change didn't air for two months. That 234 days counts the two months before she won the title on TV and she's not going to defend it for months due to the taping schedule. It's a bit different than having regular TV tapings and defending the title on pay per views where title changes are more frequent.

That being said, Taryn has been awesome and is a huge highlight of the show.

Let's hope TNA notices this unique record and make use it. She really can brag about it, now being the too heel in the knockout division, she really can use this as a leverage to elevate her position further!

A Night of Knockouts was nothing so spectacular, it was an above par show but if TNA tries to utilize this opportunity, they can bring new highlight to the knockout division!

Cheers!!

Not a bad run. And piggy backing on what IDR said, its an accomplishment with Taryn doing so as both face and heel. The only problem I have is this feud with Gail. It's kinda been there, done that. It seems that someone like Brooke should be the one to eventually dethrone Taryn. Velvet isn't a bad choice, but her program with Angelina needs to die out and I'm not sure what direction her new character is headed.

Not a bad run. And piggy backing on what IDR said, its an accomplishment with Taryn doing so as both face and heel. The only problem I have is this feud with Gail. It's kinda been there, done that. It seems that someone like Brooke should be the one to eventually dethrone Taryn. Velvet isn't a bad choice, but her program with Angelina needs to die out and I'm not sure what direction her new character is headed.

While this is true, it also provides TNA the best possible womens' wrestling match for that title, likely at Slammiversary. Meaning it gives TNA the best possible in-ring performance between two of their absolute best.

Insert someone else in place of Kim right now and I'm just not sure it has the same effect at all.

WWE shits on their women in a multitude of ways. One of the ways, though not the worst, is that they don't give their women gimmick matches.

I still have very fond memories of Taryn Terrell having both a ladder match and a last woman standing match with Gail Kim, both of which were tremendously entertaining.

More of that please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back