Talk to Spidey Thread

Mudsdale is by far the tank of my team. High Horsepower is great to use on most types and when I need to heal up my team it's great to bring in to buy me some time. Though I was surprised how useful it was in the Ghost type trial.

Also I don't think I've ever used an Eevee evolution for long in a game, I always find more powerful things or just ones I enjoy more.

So since I last talked to you I beat Pokemon Sun and completed the whole ultra beasts quest that comes afterwards. Curious to see what you thought of the ultra beasts? Also the reason I won the final battle to become the champ was because of Mudsdale being an unstoppable tank, threw that out at the end to heal up my team. If/when I play through again that's the only thing that's a lock to stay on my next team.

I've grown partial in keeping Mimikyu on my team. Probably because it has that freebee move Decoy. I would stack Substitute on it for shits and giggles.

I'm only like halfway through the UB plot. Haven't had time to have fun with it lately. Enjoying it a lot. Stopped somewhere around the multiple Buzzwhole pokemon.

Batti > Ramparte.

I did have problems with where I wanted Ramparte to go when he was in Cerberus and then afterwards. I felt pressured to write him more seriously, but I'd take a look around and notice how there were plenty of people in the fed writing much more solid work than I was for the serious wrestlers. So I'd make his RPs more into the fantastical/horror. Then I realized that may get old quick, so I gave him a plucky NPC named Batti, IMO his perfect foil. But here I noticed she was more interesting than him. So I dropped RAM for a bit and went with her.

I don't feel restricted writing Batti like I did Ram. Everybody knows she is the fun type of character. Not serious, but hopefully she is or will be a respected member of the roster. "Why can't I be imposing AND quirky?" is a line I used in my last RP, and for me that is essentially who she is. And if she doesn't seem like that yet, I hope to get her there soon.

Her gender doesn't factor in all that much for me to tell you the truth. I write her as a wrestler with a caffeinated, childlike mentality. Same could be done with a guy, but I find it easier making Batti a woman because she has many mannerisms and tropes of women in anime. For some that could be seen as endearing, and familiar. Gives them a likable quality.

I have written from a woman's perspective in my work outside of WrestleZone, and for me it is difficult. Writing from any perspective not your own does that. To educate myself, I do read a lot of biographies, articles about women for women, books written by women, stories with female protagonists etc to try and get a feel for how it's done.

I'm not great at it admittedly, so I think giving advice is sort of pretentious, but if there was anything I could share from my experience with writing any sort of character is that you must familiarize yourself with how your character has been written before. We borrow from everything. If I created a dark broody monster character to RP, then I'd research monsters from cinema, horror novels, real life counterparts, etc. Same for a woman character. With Batti, they're into Japanese Pop Culture (at least a westernized version of it, called weeaboo), so I borrow from anime and how I know friends who are weeaboo act, but turned up to 11.

EDIT: In all honesty, her being a woman takes a backseat to her hyperactive personality, so I doubt any of this helps, but eh.

Thoughts about my new app?

After all the RolePlays were posted at Kingdom Come VIII, did you expect Batti winning the Battle Royal? If not, who did you expect?

Idk why Batti took it upon herself to dye her hair and invade another company, but she did.

18010697_1658157844485992_7738172582026211705_n.jpg

17992212_1658157851152658_1060100998351555983_n.jpg

18010838_1658157864485990_1853775919104373534_n.jpg

Art is imitating life. She must be stopped.

Have you ever considered using your NPC Ramparte as your main character? You write him really well, and sometimes, I think Batti takes a backseat to the serious antics of Ramparte. I believe he could be a champion one day.

So I've been obsessed with Haley Reinhart's newest album ever since seeing her in concert, and you're the only friend I have who also likes her music so here I am.

How do you like the What's That Sound album? Also favorite song on It? For me I'd probably say Baby Its You, Can't Find My Way Home or White Rabbit.

You know me. I'm a sucker for good cover songs, especially hippie ones. FWIW is my favorite followed by White Rabbit then that Time of the Season duet

Just an awesome album and I appreciate you giving me that code for it. She can do no wrong.

You know me. I'm a sucker for good cover songs, especially hippie ones. FWIW is my favorite followed by White Rabbit then that Time of the Season duet

Just an awesome album and I appreciate you giving me that code for it. She can do no wrong.

Yeah that duet with Casey is good stuff, their voices always mesh so well together. She really can do no wrong.

You should look up the YouTube channel HaleysTusk, it's all Haley videos from concerts and some exclusive sound check videos. My favorites I've discovered on there is her covers of Valerie by Amy Whinehouse and Imagine by John Lennon. Just fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back